PDA

View Full Version : Outrage

RJF
05-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Do these vandals have no morales?

Those soldiers died for this country.

Vandals Burn Dozens of American Flags Decorating Veterans' Graves, Replace With Swastikas
Monday , May 28, 2007

ORCAS ISLAND, Wash. —

Vandals burned dozens of small American flags that decorated veterans' graves for Memorial Day and replaced many of them with hand-drawn swastikas, authorities said Monday.

Forty-six flag standards were found empty and another 33 flags were in charred tatters Sunday in the cemetery, authorities said. Swastikas drawn on paper appeared where 14 of the flags had been.

Members of the American Legion on this island off Washington's northwest coast replaced the burned flags with new ones Sunday afternoon.

The vandals struck again on Memorial Day after a guard left at dawn, the San Juan County sheriff's office said. This time, the vandals left 33 of the hand-drawn swastikas.

"This is not an act of free speech. This is a crime," Sheriff Bill Cumming said in a statement released Monday afternoon.

Sheriff's department officials declined to comment further on Monday.

Tenchuu
05-28-2007, 08:40 PM
yeah hopefully someone gets some chill jail time.

kinda like finding the graves of random women and painting WHORE on them.

disrespectful isn't a good enough description.

xblack240x
05-28-2007, 08:40 PM
What bitch***, what is their purpose in doing this, especially on Memorial Day, and why to soldiers who died for this country... I hope they get caught...

rps13drift
05-28-2007, 08:52 PM
What a sin!!! people are so fucked up now and days. It seems like nobody can appreciate anything any more. When they find the culprits they should ship them to a third world country or somewhere thats suffering from constant terrorist attacks and destroyed by constant war. Then see how they like being disrespectful assholes.

mRclARK1
05-28-2007, 08:56 PM
disrespectful isn't a good enough description.

:werd:

I like what an officer I was under said about this kinda stuff; essentially it just makes the sacrifices, of all service men and women, that much more amazing and important to remember... cause they also make those sacrifices for the ones who don't appreciate and honor them. :bow:

BustedS13
05-28-2007, 09:17 PM
i'm pretty liberal, but there's no defending this. if you don't like America, you're free to leave. being an eagle scout who helped stick those little flags in the ground on memorial day for about ten years at jefferson barracks cemetery, that really pisses me off.

drift freaq
05-28-2007, 09:21 PM
ya thats just some messed up shit.Fucking losers.

Phlip
05-28-2007, 09:56 PM
I make no qualms about being a left-leaning individual, but this shit defies all defendable senses. One thing I do not stand for is outright disrespect.

C. Senor
05-28-2007, 10:05 PM
that's is completely ubsurd...we should put those guys in jail...pay inmates to pin them down and drawn HUGE american flags on them and see if they burn that. its amazing how you think that people are just screwed up pretty bad and then something like this comes along. really makes me sad.

Howard92884
05-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Fuck, this kind of shit is inexcusable, the people who did this need serious jail time. When are people going to realize that these soldiers died fighting for our country. Whether you agree with the war or not, they were just doing their job. Do not blame the Soldier, Airman, Marine, or Sailor, if you have a problem with the war, voice it with the government. I am prior military active duty and I disagreed with the war but I did my job, just like every other service member. Karma is a bitch and I hope that the people who did this get retribution ten fold. Sorry for the rant but this is very disheartening.

mrmephistopheles
05-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Awesome. :-/
I bet when/if the jerks responsible get caught, they'll claim they were expressing their right to free speech.

You know, that right that those dead guys swore to protect, and gave their lives in the course of doing so.

I figured it was that one wacked-out church up to their old shenanigans again.

mRclARK1
05-28-2007, 11:26 PM
You know, that right that those dead guys swore to protect, and gave their lives in the course of doing so.

In my experience, people like those being discussed never make that connection. They see every and all conflicts as the same, and in there mind no war, or military action, is ever justified. But the fact that many wars of the past have been fought in the name of protecting there right to believe exactly what they do (as fucked up as it is) is never realized by them.

There's obviously a large difference between having your own belief's and opinions etc... and the actions of these lowlifes.

FaLKoN240
05-28-2007, 11:32 PM

I hope they use those same exact words in the court case that puts them away.

Fucking bastards.

I think it's too early to really determine who committed the crime, those who have some sort of intelligence please refrain from pointing fingers so this post doesn't turn into a flame fest.

mrmephistopheles
05-29-2007, 06:02 AM
I understand the argument of the pacifist, however it's simply too naive for me to attach myself to it.
The premise is that no war or violence toward other humans is justifiable, and that all conflict can be resolved through nonviolent means.
What where that theory fails is when it meets up with reality, where there's always someone willing to stand on the backs of weaker men in order to raise themselves above the rest.
I'm sure someone else smarter than me said it long ago, but no matter what, as long as there is humanity, there will be war, there will be murder, and there will be atrocity.

mRclARK1
05-29-2007, 12:19 PM
^^^Agreed 1000%

Hate to be Jonny Raincloud too the world peace crowd... it's not going to happen. :-/