PDA

View Full Version : M/T swap, advice? (Corolla)

partymonster 975
05-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Hey guys, So I got a 94 corolla for free from my grandma when I got my licence and its sweet and all but its auto and I want to convert. Here are some factors though. We just moved so money is kinda tight and I can not really buy a new car, and all I really want is somthing stick. I drove an E46 m3 a few weeks ago as my first stick car, LOVED IT. The thing is though, I need to still work on it. My thought is do a conversions and this will be a perfect first car to learn on. Don't you think so ?, I want you opinions on this. I want to buy a old used model like this one below and just convert parts, I will have the tranny, dash pieces, pedals and gauges, the auto version has no tach. What do you think of this all and also, if I do this, how much do you think a swap will be? I have to pay for this all myself and parents dont rly want to buy me a new car for awhile.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

5t341tH
05-14-2007, 10:22 PM
do 94 corollas ever come in manual? i've never seen one ever

pr0ject TRUENO
05-14-2007, 10:26 PM
You should just use the Corolla as a beater and buy another car that's stick. Or build another car. Trust me.

mRclARK1
05-14-2007, 10:33 PM
^^^I agree. You're only 16... just drive the Corolla as is for now, save up and learn all you can, and worry about a project car when you have the funds to do so, and if you decide that's your Corolla. :bigok:

I drove what became my first project car bone stock, and auto, for 2 years.

partymonster 975
05-14-2007, 10:40 PM
well I cant rly buy anything for awhile and this would be all I rly need. I mean with my job I use all my money on basic stuff plus i'm on an Olympic lift team so my money goes alot towards that.

azndummie
05-14-2007, 10:43 PM
dont waste money on the corolla and get antoher car. keep the corolla as a daily though

soreballz
05-14-2007, 10:48 PM
do 94 corollas ever come in manual? i've never seen one ever
Yes. I actually kinda like the way the clutch feels. WAAAAY nicer than the new-ish 5pseed Corollas.

partymonster 975
05-14-2007, 10:52 PM
anyone else? What do you think I should do, all I rly want right now is somthing stick and maybe in a year or 2 I can actually get a different car. For now I cant rly. I have to go to sleep so I'll read the rest tomorrow, post away.

Vision Garage
05-14-2007, 11:13 PM
you are tight on money, buying 5 speed parts is not gonna save you money! Rock the automagic for a couple of months, save money, buy a stick shift car. Preferable a 240 since you are on zilvia! dont want money on the corolla, it should be a daily and nothing else.

ManoNegra
05-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Leave the corolla alone, save your money and dump it on something worth it.