PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Zombie?

Jon Michael
05-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Has anyone seen this movie? I saw it recently, and it was the most random movie I have ever seen. If you liked Shaun of the Dead you'd prolly like this. It's def. an acquired taste, tho...halfway through it just takes a turn I don't think anyone expects. It was entertaining, tho.

Those crazy Japanese film makers. I still remember the day I watched Tetsuo: The Iron Man...most fucked up movie in the universe.

Unholy S14
05-14-2007, 05:39 AM
hhmm gotta check out both now

Jon Michael
05-14-2007, 06:01 AM
Tetsuo: The Iron Man is kinda similar to Eraserhead...it's independant and VERY messed up. It left me with a very weird aftertaste when it was over.

Unholy S14
05-14-2007, 06:30 AM
ive seen eraserhead.

is tetsuo also a slow paced movie ?

TheSquidd
05-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Is this the one with the yankee rock n' roll guys, one of them throws a death pick or some shit? I want to see that.

Also random in JDM movie land:
Ichi the Killer
Fudoh: The Next Generation
Casshern

There's dozens I could list but those are the most socially acceptable ones.

You want to see something fucked up?
Visitor Q

I warned you.

Unholy S14
05-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Casshern ftw

Jon Michael
05-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Tetsuo is kinda slow, what keeps you watching is wanting to see if it can top itself and keep getting worse.

Tokyo Zombie is about this GIANT mountain of trash in Tokyo (Black Fuji). People start dumping dead bodies at it, and somehow the toxic and evil bring everyone back as zombies. These two fire rescue guys (who are obsessed with Jujitsu) have to take on the zombies. It's actually kind of in the same vein as Dead or Alive, that random Yakuza movie.

the1nonlyljon
05-14-2007, 04:18 PM
i have tokyo zombie and about every other zombie movie out there. the movie is funny and entertaining but the latter half just stears in another direction. the first half was good and then later on it turns into something similar to the ghetto ass land of the dead movie. what was george romero thinking on this one.

TheSquidd
05-14-2007, 04:21 PM
It's actually kind of in the same vein as Dead or Alive, that random Yakuza movie.

BEST ENDING TO THE WORST MOVIE EVER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnKS1vpTOSk

Jon Michael
05-14-2007, 04:25 PM
LOL, I remember when I watched this movie for the first time. I was so confused and then all of a sudden..."Wait! Did they just BLOW UP JAPAN?!" Came at me totally out of left field. A hadouken and a bazooka...who knew?

Matej
05-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Haha, I remember watching that movie, I totally saw it coming.

TheSquidd
05-14-2007, 04:35 PM
LOL, I remember when I watched this movie for the first time. I was so confused and then all of a sudden..."Wait! Did they just BLOW UP JAPAN?!" Came at me totally out of left field. A hadouken and a bazooka...who knew?

Takashi Miike is your new god.

Seriously that guy is fucked up.

Matej
05-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Has anyone seen this movie?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-aa-49-en-70-1hke.html

I saw a torrent for it somewhere, but now I can't find it.