PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to see 28 Weeks later tonight?

exitspeed
05-11-2007, 10:51 AM
I think I'll go on Sunday. It's getting really good reviews.

IGN Review Here (http://movies.ign.com/articles/787/787219p1.html)

Daniel.
05-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Ill check it out next week. :) It actually looks pretty good if you ask me.

I'm going to see spidey tonight actually. I usually try to wait a week after opening night to see movies, so i can get whatever seats i want.

Andrew @ 240sxMotoring
05-11-2007, 10:57 AM
I'll definitely be checking this flick out when I get the chance. I really liked the first one.

Besides good zombie movie = win.

More reviews:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/28_weeks_later/

exitspeed
05-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Ill check it out next week. :) It actually looks pretty good if you ask me.

I'm going to see spidey tonight actually. I usually try to wait a week after opening night to see movies, so i can get whatever seats i want.

There's this new big ass theater by me that you can buy seats in this certain section like you would a concert. So you purchase seat 18b ahead of time. So you walk in a 5 min before the movie and sit in the seat you payed for.

It's awesome.

BustedS13
05-11-2007, 11:10 AM
i'm going to see it and spiderman 3 back to back on sunday.

FaLKoN240
05-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Man, I am supposed to see it, but the gf is giving me shit about not waiting for her (she's away right now.) :-/ :ugh:

I'm still gonna see it though. LOL.

exitspeed
05-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Forget her. Go see it but don't tell her. Be a man and lie. :)

IIIXziuR
05-11-2007, 11:59 AM
It actually looks really good, its rare to get a good Zombie movie nowadays.
Edit: Its rare to get a good Horror Movie nowadays.

exitspeed
05-11-2007, 12:55 PM
It actually looks really good, its rare to get a good Zombie movie nowadays.
Edit: Its rare to get a good Horror Movie nowadays.

I think most of the Zombie movie's in recent years have been good ie 28 Days later, DOTD Remake.

I love that we are getting like 1-2 Zombie movies/ year. 5 years ago we were SOL.

ManoNegra
05-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Kinda bummed that I didn't see the first. Yeah, I'm lazy. Now I feel like it's cheating to see the second first.

Going to finally see Spidey this weekend. Family thing.

I live near The Bridge here in Socal. Imax and Director's Hall are like you described exitspeed - reserved sitting, you can walk in 1 min from the start time to your couch-like seat and some shows are over 21. The ushers come by to sell food and liquor. Woot! Not cheap though.

Arclight in Sunset is also similar and they do a lot of special events but it's always crowded and the spiral parking structure is scary to navigate driving stick. I heard on the radio that for the Spiderman premiere, Tobby Maguire came out as the usher that greets people before the movie starts.

azndoc
05-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Didn't see the first one, perhaps I'll rent the first one just so I don't get confused. But then again it's zombie film right. How confusing could that be.

BOROSUN
05-11-2007, 01:16 PM
dont you want to know how it started.

95Blue240sx
05-11-2007, 01:34 PM
I want to, but I dont have time. I saw 28 days later a couple days ago.

exitspeed
05-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Kinda bummed that I didn't see the first. Yeah, I'm lazy. Now I feel like it's cheating to see the second first.

Going to finally see Spidey this weekend. Family thing.

I live near The Bridge here in Socal. Imax and Director's Hall are like you described exitspeed - reserved sitting, you can walk in 1 min from the start time to your couch-like seat and some shows are over 21. The ushers come by to sell food and liquor. Woot! Not cheap though.

Yea there's one theater at that place that you actually have a dinner table and you can get lobster, filet, wine, etc. Ballin at the movies.

All the seats at this place are super duper high quality. They're like lazyboys. It's so nice. If you have the means I highly recommend it.

mehsilvia
05-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Zombies + Lobster = ROFL!
I guess thats one way to get the wife excited about this one. Though, my wife is the one who bought me 28Days.

I cannot wait for this sequel, the trailer's so far look awesome.

playthe_part
05-11-2007, 02:32 PM
you know, if you think about it, they aren't really zombies.. they are infected humans.

SPOILER (if you haven't seen the first one)

remember the scene with the crow and that girls dad.. blood just got in his eye, he didn't die and come back to life or anything, he just got infected.

END SPOILER

that's just my 2 cents. maybe my definition of a zombie is wrong.

AbsoluteZero
05-11-2007, 02:36 PM
I didn't really like the first movie that much cause it seemed really really really slow but this one I will be very excited to see cause it does look really good... and doesn't resident evil come out this year too?

wootwoot
05-11-2007, 02:42 PM
28 Days Later was one of the best zombie movies ever........

Iam somewhat excited for 28 Weeks, trying to not be excited so I dont get bummed out if it sucks. I saw the extended trailer on FX and the trailer made it look much more action packed and fast paced compared to the first. It has more of an American cinema feel to it..Americans only like fast movies. In the trailer they played the Muse which made it extremely dramatic and "operatic" (I can make up words!) so even if the movie sucks, that trailer was fucking spectacular.

IIIXziuR
05-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Yeah thats true, but its kinda a different take on "zombies"
I think the 28 Movies are awesome, this one looks like its gonna be good.

I wasn't that happy with Land of the Dead, so hopefully this film will give me my fix of zombie goodness lawlz.

exitspeed
05-11-2007, 02:43 PM
you know, if you think about it, they aren't really zombies.. they are infected humans.

SPOILER (if you haven't seen the first one)

remember the scene with the crow and that girls dad.. blood just got in his eye, he didn't die and come back to life or anything, he just got infected.

END SPOILER

that's just my 2 cents. maybe my definition of a zombie is wrong.

They turn into Zombie's though. No matter if they are from the dead or infected., they are Zombie's.

wootwoot
05-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Well, anything "living dead" is a zombie.

Lets just hope the people making the movie are good enough to let it die here. In a couple of years if 28 Years Later comes out Iam not wasting my time. Maybe I will....Sometime people can pull off bad ass shit with dumb names (ex, Terminator trilogy!!).

for those who diddnt see 28 Days Later, I dont think it will be required. It seems they are all knew characters just in a similar scenario...kinda. The bitch should be bad as fuck though, see it either way.

exitspeed
05-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Well, anything "living dead" is a zombie.

Lets just hope the people making the movie are good enough to let it die here. In a couple of years if 28 Years Later comes out Iam not wasting my time. Maybe I will....Sometime people can pull off bad ass shit with dumb names (ex, Terminator trilogy!!).

What's good about this sequel is that it's from the same guy that did 29 Days. So it's not just a pure cash in on the success by the movie studio.

ManoNegra
05-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Yea there's one theater at that place that you actually have a dinner table and you can get lobster, filet, wine, etc. Ballin at the movies.

All the seats at this place are super duper high quality. They're like lazyboys. It's so nice. If you have the means I highly recommend it.

You're right. I've heard of such a place here... Hollywood I think. Baller.

Speaking of zombie movies... hear anything about Fido (http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=fido)? Looks interesting.

playthe_part
05-11-2007, 02:55 PM
yeah, i guess they are zombies, but i wondered about that after seeing the first 28 days. wikipedia say -"A zombie is an animated human body devoid of a soul." so you are correct.

either way, i hope 28 weeks later isn't a let down, there just isn't enough good zombie movies.

exitspeed
05-11-2007, 03:07 PM
You're right. I've heard of such a place here... Hollywood I think. Baller.

And now in Brookfield, WI. It's about time we get something cool like this in WI.

AbsoluteZero
05-11-2007, 03:11 PM
I think in Hollywood its the Arclight

mehsilvia
05-11-2007, 03:30 PM
I think in Hollywood its the Arclight

Yep. I work just down the street from there, and have never been in that theater.
Didnt know about the food (if thats the case) but do know they have a full BAR!

AbsoluteZero
05-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Oh hell yeah I know they have a full bar... damn you drive all the way from simi to hollywood and back everyday?

ManoNegra
05-11-2007, 03:40 PM
I drive from Crenshaw to the Valley everyday.... gotta follow the money where it takes you.

AbsoluteZero
05-11-2007, 03:41 PM
true true... I only work 5 minutes away from where I live though =D

mehsilvia
05-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Oh hell yeah I know they have a full bar... damn you drive all the way from simi to hollywood and back everyday?

I drive from Crenshaw to the Valley everyday.... gotta follow the money where it takes you.

True dat. Thats where the money is.
Also reason why the SR-S14 isnt a daily driver.

Unholy S14
05-11-2007, 05:23 PM
I liked it A LOT.

can anyone say 28 months later ?

exitspeed
05-11-2007, 05:26 PM
I liked it A LOT.

can anyone say 28 months later ?

You saw it? How does it compare to the OG?

Unholy S14
05-11-2007, 05:32 PM
MUCH BETTER

like 10 times

only reason i didnt like the og is because it took a dawn of the dead turn 30 minutes into it.

opponheimer
05-11-2007, 10:26 PM
this movie kicked ass. period.

BustedS13
05-12-2007, 12:19 AM
ruled. the movie barely lets up on suspense for about 20 minutes, but the rest of it was nonstop awesome. the political parallels everybody seems to be seeing, though... yeah, not really. they're very, very light at most, and i'm thankful for that.

this movie ruled so hard that i'm seeing it again on sunday.

thejapino
05-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Dawn of the Dead remake still has me looking around in mall parking lots at night! I'd be scared SHITLESS if a hundred zombies were coming at me RUNNING...FULL...SPEED!!!!!!! P-dub fat bitches always remind me of fat-wheel barrow zombie!
http://mbf.blogs.com/mbf/images/duellanti-thumb.JPG

C. Senor
05-12-2007, 01:05 AM
HAHAHA...exitspeed when the commercial came on the other day i thought of your sig and laughed...cuz it would be the most wickedest thing to see that little girl in the movie totally killin people. but i'll prolly watch it next week.

mRclARK1
05-12-2007, 01:42 AM
^^^Haha... little girls can be zombies to.

Probably go see it sometime in the next couple weeks... dunno if I can find anyone who wants to go. Might just go by myself. :keke:

SochBAT
05-12-2007, 03:07 PM
I wanan go watch it too. I'll ask coworkers or something.

miucus
05-12-2007, 03:23 PM
greattt movie. i enjoyed it more than spiderman3

exitspeed
05-15-2007, 07:30 AM
greattt movie. i enjoyed it more than spiderman3

Ditto.

I saw it last night. Very good Zombie movie.

It's more actiony then 28 Days, but the plot I liked a lot. It was well thought out and they came up with a clever way of reintroducing the infection. It's up there as on of the better Zombie movie's for sure.

Can't wait til the next one...SPOILER:

They left it WIDE open for another movie. Like a $2 whore.

wootwoot
05-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Shit yeah they did, the world is now fucked. That movie was definitely intense and worth seeing for sure. A lot different then the first but it still played heavily on characters emotions. A couple of cheesy parts but thats allowed because its a zombie movie. Great music. Awesome opposum

exitspeed
05-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Shit yeah they did, the world is now fucked. That movie was definitely intense and worth seeing for sure. A lot different then the first but it still played heavily on characters emotions. A couple of cheesy parts but thats allowed because its a zombie movie. Great music. Awesome opposum

The music is sooooo great. It makes that movie. I wanna get that as a ring tone on my phone...yep...that's what I'm gonna do.

s13gold
05-15-2007, 12:22 PM
i guess the first one mightve been good enough to have a sequel...

before i see the sequel im going to rent the first one.

airsoft
05-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Took my mom to see it on Mothers Day woo hoo.

I liked it

FaLKoN240
05-15-2007, 12:31 PM
The music is sooooo great. It makes that movie. I wanna get that as a ring tone on my phone...yep...that's what I'm gonna do.

I already downloaded the Muse discography. Haha.

ALTRNTV
05-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Saw it today at The Bridge.

:bigok: from me.

I loved every minute. The sound system at The Bridge made it even better. The movie score was awesome.

28 months later.... in France?

BustedS13
05-17-2007, 09:56 PM
28 months later.... in France?

it's on the mainland now... so think global :D