PDA

View Full Version : In memory of my best friend Bosco

kognition
05-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Words cannot possibly describe the sadness i have today. My Dog Bosco collapsed in front of me yesterday morning as i was about to give him is medications. We knew his heart would not last much longer, but i could never possibly prepare myself for something like this. Nobody can. All i could do was hold him and tell him i loved him. My child.
I shot this footage last week without really thinking about it. But i usually take pictures of him on a regular basis.
I am a wreck.
Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd4lMRu6AC0
http://kognitiondesign.com/bosco.jpg
http://kognitiondesign.com/bosco_2.jpg
http://kognitiondesign.com/bosco_3.jpg

DUFFM4N
05-09-2007, 10:30 AM
sorry for your loss, dog or human, its still family...and it hurts just as much, believe me i know

IIIXziuR
05-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Sorry to hear this happened bro.
May he R.I.P

FaLKoN240
05-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Losing someone close to you always hurts the most, be happy about the time you spent with him. Don't dwell over the loss.

santacruisin
05-09-2007, 11:43 AM
From what you posted I can tell that Bosco lived a great life and that he had a family that loved him very much. Considering that many dogs don't make it to their first birthday I would say that Bosco was very lucky to have been your friend.

when you are ready there is another best friend waiting for you at the SPCA.

Sorry for your loss.

tacotacotaco
05-09-2007, 11:47 AM
My condolences. I have lost many a pet. Its hard.

azndoc
05-09-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. A dog is as much as a human family member. I remember when I loss my childhood family dog. I think I took her for granted and never paid her much attention as I was turning older. Then one time when I was home on leave from the military I went home to find that she had died. It was pretty sad for me, so I know the pain that your going through.

luisgonz
05-09-2007, 12:16 PM
My condolences. Sounds he was a great pal. Sorry for the loss once again.

luisgonz
05-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Video was great. It made me sad and laugh. All I say your lucky to have had a great friend like that.

SDS13COUPE
05-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Sorry about your loss. Keep ya head up.

AFSil80
05-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Keep your head up, bro.

My dog died a week after I graduated high school, and I had him since second grade. I still miss him very much, and I can't wait until I have the house and funds to support a dog. Once I do, you know I'm getting another black lab, haha.

exitspeed
05-09-2007, 02:03 PM
My condolences. I know how your feeling right now. It's very difficlut when you are so close to you dog.

theicecreamdan
05-09-2007, 02:39 PM
He looks like he was an awesome dog. I lost my golden lab just 2 years ago. We had him since I was a year old and he was just a puppy. It was like losing a good friend, so many memories of the two of us out getting into trouble. Its hard having a friend that ages on a dramatically different schedule than we do. There's so much I learned about how to appreciate the life we have from my dog. Another one of our dogs is starting to get up there in her years too.

jrmiller84
05-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Wow, I'm really sorry man. Losing a pet is hard.

My parents have had a cat since they got married (almost 17 years now) and when she goes my mother will be devastated, and so will I.

I'm about get a puppy in the coming months. The good times they bring are well worth it. As long as you remember the good times, they will always be with you.

djkowai
05-09-2007, 03:12 PM
i cant imagine how you must feel, a pet is like a best friend thats always there. Looks like he was a great looking dog.

slappythehomelessclown
05-09-2007, 03:16 PM
sorry for your loss, dog or human, its still family...and it hurts just as much, believe me i know

I know im hated here , but this post that DUFFM4N is the gods honest truth.

I know what your going through man and it doesnt feel good at all , it just sucks we all have to lose what we love.

EvilRB
05-09-2007, 03:18 PM
MY condolences, I've lost a few pets in my lifetime and it hurts every time.

midnight zenki
05-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, even contemplating loosing either of my two dogs is incomprehensible.

fromxtor
05-09-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm really sorry man he was a beautiful dog, was he a weim? If so I've been wanting one for years.

kognition
05-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Thank you all for the kindness.
Yes he's a Weimaraner. I got him when he was about 4 months old and couldn't even bark yet.

I'm really sorry man he was a beautiful dog, was he a weim? If so I've been wanting one for years.

fromxtor
05-09-2007, 07:01 PM
They are such well mannered Dogs, I'm drinking one for Bosco right now.

swift_style
05-09-2007, 08:10 PM
They are such well mannered Dogs, I'm drinking one for Bosco right now.

I'm sad to hear that a close friend has left us here and gone to a better place. Even though the other side is best for our friends, family, or pets, having them out of our sight is just having a pain that is unbarable.

I'm with fromxtor on drinking one for Bosco.

kognition
05-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Yes, crying uncontrollably out of the blue for two days has been the norm for me. Fortunately my Wife has been by my side.

I'm sad to hear that a close friend has left us here and gone to a better place. Even though the other side is best for our friends, family, or pets, having them out of our sight is just having a pain that is unbarable.

I'm with fromxtor on drinking one for Bosco.

C. Senor
05-10-2007, 12:04 AM
i'm sorry to hear you lost your kid. i know exactly what you're going through having to carry my own dog to the vet because of his inablity to even breathe. i'm so sorry. just remembering about this has brought a tear to my eye, but bosco and blackie(my dog) are now kickin it playin poker in doggie heaven. just wishful thinking.

'90RPS13
05-10-2007, 12:17 AM
man i lost a full blooded german shepard one night. we had had her from the begging which was, 5-6 years and she was the best dog ever. listened and very protective of us (me and the sis). one night she got out of the house unattended and managed to get hit by a car. messed her hip up real bad. my dad spent alittle short of $2k with the vet to try and save her that night. in the end the doc couldnt do much. we ended up having to put her down. sad month for all of us. she slept with me and was practically mine. i took it real real hard.

anyways i didnt mean to take anything away from kog, just wanted to chime. kog, i feel for ya man and know exactly the feeling. its like losing a family member, its tough. but it gets better. rip bosco and jasmine (my shepard).