PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly Pomona Threat

kouki_s14
05-08-2007, 08:46 PM
I was going to put this in regional but i figured others, who dont go there, could discuss it as well. If the mods feel they should move it, go right ahead.

I got this in my email today.

A Message to the University Community:

Due to the recent heightened concern over campus violence throughout the nation, Cal Poly Pomona is alerting the campus community to an incident involving Building 1.

On Monday, May 7, graffiti was found in a Building 1 restroom demanding an evacuation of the building on Wednesday, May 9. The suspect threatened violence if the building is not cleared from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The University Police Department continues to investigate the incident and, after careful assessment, has deemed that this threat is not credible. To assure the campus community, University Police will frequently patrol Building 1 on Wednesday. Please feel free to approach the officers with any questions or concerns you may have. All university business and academic operations will continue as scheduled.

All threats to the university are taken very seriously and investigated thoroughly. If you have information about this act of vandalism, the suspect, or notice any suspicious behavior, you are encouraged to call the University Police Department at (909) 869-3070. Threats, even if hoaxes, can be considered felonies and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I'm not too worried about it, so I'm probably still going to class. What do you guys think about it.

tiresmokes13
05-08-2007, 08:51 PM
i dunno, You saw what just happened to that one school virginia tech? not sure but some people are crazzy..better safe than sorry i guess haha

airsoft
05-08-2007, 09:50 PM
good thing I don't have class on Wednesday.

I'll be nosey and show up.

Driven08
05-08-2007, 09:52 PM
I heard about this...fuck why are there so many fucked up people out there. I have class on that day too and I'm near that building.

xblack240x
05-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Although I don't go to the school, I probably wouldn't risk it... Although it may have just been someone stupid trying to be funny, I still wouldn't risk it just in case it was a serious threat...

C. Senor
05-08-2007, 10:32 PM
that sucks. i really want to say it's just someone trying to be funny and feels like messing with a bunch of people because of the v tech incident. i would probably not go to school since i would have an excuse, but i really think it's someone's sick humor. that sucks i hope nothing really does happen on wednesday....or anyother day for that matter.

xcusememisswyn
05-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Bomb threats...

Shit happens every day where I'm from, dont worry about it.

Dorifto89
05-08-2007, 10:38 PM
We just had a bombthreat up here at Oregon. Fucking crazyness.

TheSquidd
05-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Bomb threats...

Shit happens every day where I'm from, dont worry about it.

Everyone wants to blow up New Jersey lol

xcusememisswyn
05-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Everyone wants to blow up New Jersey lol

Hell yeah, during high school we had bomb threats on a weekly basis...
Now kids bring weapons to school and they don't even evacuate...

They just arrested five terrorists that wanted to shoot up the military base I lift and work on...

Am I still going to the air show this weekend? Will I make it to the gym this weekend?

You can bet I will.

eastcoastS14
05-08-2007, 10:58 PM
excuse to skip class and sleep late

azanprophet
05-08-2007, 11:24 PM
What the he!! is wrong with people today. You never heard about anything like this s#it when we were growing up. People didn't used to shoot up schools or fly planes into full buildings or go on sniping rampages killing random people. I mean what the he!! is this world coming to. It makes me seriously question bringing kids into this world knowing I can't do an effective job protecting them and they might not be safe at school...a place where you used to be relatively certain that the worst that could happen is that you'd get sent to the principals office to get spanked (yes I go that far back) and you didn't have to worry about getting shot or stabbed because you bumped into someone in the lunch line.

But back to the topic...unless you have a REALLY important class, a final that won't get cancelled because of this or a test that will decide whether you graduate or not that you can't re-schedule I say stay away. Better safe than sorry.

pignose4life
05-08-2007, 11:35 PM
hah sounds like a good idea to miss class, doesnt sound to scary someone just didnt study for a test =X

kouki_s14
05-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Yeah i was thinking about not going, but i cant fall behind in my vector dynamics class. If i didnt have that class to worry about i could care less.

xcusememisswyn
05-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Go to class, its only some kid who wants out of an exam or wants to scare everyone...

If you werent missing anything, it would be cool to skip, but I skip all classes I dont need anyway

SochBAT
05-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Although it does sound like a ploy, i'd play it safe and chill home that day, or at least miss that class.

Better safe than sorry.

kouness
05-09-2007, 12:28 AM
well.... since this is the subject.. there was a shooting at Fresno State (central CA) last night, may 7th, and it was all over a dumb playstation.. 2 injured one dead... and all because of the dumb playstaion.. yes the first generation playstation.. what is the world coming to..

swiftdrift
05-09-2007, 10:24 AM
fuck i have class today as well, but luckily im far from this building. no sign of anything popping off yet. Ill just keep my distance.

imo, I also beleive its just some kid trying to get out of a Mid-Term or something as well.

o well, we'll see how things go.

IIIXziuR
05-09-2007, 10:30 AM
fuck i have class today as well, but luckily im far from this building. no sign of anything popping off yet. Ill just keep my distance.

imo, I also beleive its just some kid trying to get out of a Mid-Term or something as well.

o well, we'll see how things go.

Yeah thats what it sounds like. I really hope its just BS, we don't need anymore senseless violence anymore.

azndoc
05-09-2007, 11:59 AM
It's better to be safe than sorry in my opinion.

No it wasn't like this when I was in school. I mean there was the occasional fire alarm being pulled or people rolling stink bombs for people to step on and thus there was lots of laughs. But that's about it. The world is crazy these days.

adrians_s13
05-09-2007, 12:06 PM
yikes... I got class in building 94 today... =X

swiftdrift
05-09-2007, 06:24 PM
No it wasn't like this when I was in school. I mean there was the occasional fire alarm being pulled or people rolling stink bombs for people to step on and thus there was lots of laughs.

Did this occur while attending a college or University?? if so, wow, i think i would rather get shot than have to deal with stupid immaturity like that.:tweak:

kouki_s14
05-09-2007, 09:18 PM
i went to class, nothing happened today. Felt like a normal day to me. I think things like this happen quite often, just now after the Virginia tech tragedy, they are going to start telling us about all of it.