PDA

View Full Version : JDM 180sx Nismo short shift fits USDM??

s13_newbie
05-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi! This might be a stupid question, but i tried to search, but it doesnt seems to work for me.

BTW, I found a JDM short shift for a 180sx(SR), I am wondering if it will fit the USDM 240sx(KA)?? I understand that itz just a pivot, but i want to make sure b4 i buy it, coz I cant refund it after i bought.

Thanks in advance!!
Alex

civilized_drifter
05-07-2007, 12:41 PM
is it one of those jdm short shifters on ebay?

Yoshi
05-07-2007, 12:45 PM
yes, SR and KA shifters are interchangable.

s13_newbie
05-08-2007, 10:01 AM
is it one of those jdm short shifters on ebay?

No, itz not. itz a true Nismo short shifter,

yes, SR and KA shifters are interchangable.

is $200 consider a reasonable price for it??? I read some thread said its not as good compare to others. is that true??

aznpoopy
05-08-2007, 10:59 AM
'itz' not a short shifter. it's a solid shifter. that means it doesn't shorten your throws as much compared to other aftermarket shifters. it does make the shifting action feel a little more 'solid.' (whatever that means)

if you want something with a substantially shorter throw than stock, you might want to look at another shifter. if you want something that feels nice, has the nismo name, and you got $200 burning a hole in your pocket, go for it.

MDM_180SX
05-08-2007, 11:07 AM
I have heard allot of good things about the B&M short shifters, you should check those out

i think the real nismo short shifters are adjustable

Yoshi
05-08-2007, 01:53 PM
I have heard allot of good things about the B&M short shifters, you should check those out

i think the real nismo short shifters are adjustable

B&M used might be the older ones that rattle slightly at certain RPMs, I think that's fixed on more recent versions, but i've not seen that (newer version) myself, so take that w/a grain of salt.

No, Nismo shifters are neither short, nor adjustable.
to AZNPOOPY u listen :P
Throw reduction is minimal, it has a nicer feel and you get that JDM bling... that's about it. Personal preference.

For the thread starter:
I really don't have a prob with the stock shifter, $200 could go towards something MUCH more worthwhile.
I personally have a gen2 C's shifter. I've not experienced the separation that some people have, I dunno... maybe I'm just not hard on it like some people are, slamming thru gears. My shifter has a slightly notchy feel, which some like and some hate, again it's all personal preference.

Really though, my 2 cents would be to spend your $ on something more worthwhile. Unless you're pretty modded already, and a big autoX'er, it's not going to make you any faster... maybe in your head, but seriously, we're talking 10ths if not 100ths of a second difference with even the shortest throw shifters... it's realistically about asthetics, feel, and bling.

projectRDM
05-08-2007, 02:00 PM
No, Nismo shifters are neither short, nor adjustable.

Thank you, someone with a clue making a worthwhile post. It's refreshing to see that on here. To everyone else, read the above, or you could actually research the topic a little.

Nismo DOES NOT make a short throw shifter, period. Any number of knockoff companies can put a sticker on an OBX/Pilot unit and call it a Nismo, but it's not one, and never will be.

To the OP, it's the same transmission, how would you figure it wouldn't fit?

s13_newbie
05-08-2007, 11:16 PM
any1 know where i can get c's shifters? mynismo.com doesnt have them anymore.......i have been lookin for them for a while until i saw this nismo shifter.........

fliprayzin240sx
05-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Personally, for that much money, go get the REAL B&M. You want it short, cut the top off and get an Ichibahn shift knob thats non-screw on.

MDM_180SX
05-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Thank you, someone with a clue making a worthwhile post. It's refreshing to see that on here. To everyone else, read the above, or you could actually research the topic a little.

Nismo DOES NOT make a short throw shifter, period. Any number of knockoff companies can put a sticker on an OBX/Pilot unit and call it a Nismo, but it's not one, and never will be.

To the OP, it's the same transmission, how would you figure it wouldn't fit?

oh really? check this out

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=2789

bardabe
05-09-2007, 01:34 AM

that;s for Z33 Genious. where talking about S chassis here. :bigok:

Irukandji
05-09-2007, 02:16 AM

Umm...
Part No. Application Price
34101-Z3303 INFINITI G35 2002-2006 $198.00
34101-Z3303 NISSAN 350Z 2003-2006 $198.00

You sure proved him wrong!
never question Russ. If he says you have herpes, you probably do.

zipman72
05-09-2007, 03:31 AM
I bought a nismo short shifter for like 230 bucks at super autobacs "DON'T ASK". It was in a Nismo box and everything. Anyways my 2 cents says RIP OFF!. if I were you, I would try the B&M shiter looks solid and I hear nothing but good things about it.

The Chad
05-09-2007, 05:56 AM
I personally have the B&M unit and am very impressed with it...minus the pain in the butt install. Comes with all you need and all put together unlike many cheap units from Ebay that do not come with a shiny anodized blue shift plate and new release springs for quick shifter return. The throw is Dramatically Shorter, and there is no more unsettling "slop" within the gears. Maybe im not shaving seconds off my 1/4 mile, but it does make shifting more confident and joystick like. Look out for sales at places like PDM-racing.com and Enjukuracing.com. i got mine for $175.
Good luck finding what you want!

projectRDM
05-09-2007, 08:10 AM

Nice try asshole, sadly your reading comprehension skills is right on par with your ignorance.

If you think you stuff a Z33 shifter into an S13/S14, by all means have at it.

corwin
05-09-2007, 03:58 PM
I got my B&M off a guy on ebay for abut 135, just gotta shop around.

speedgod^s13
05-09-2007, 04:02 PM
You can get an Uras short shifter, for cheaper than that from rare trick. The only reason, I buy an aftermarket shifter, is for the shorter, and more solid throw. Looks, ain't gonna help you shift better.

bardabe
05-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Nice try asshole, sadly your reading comprehension skills is right on par with your ignorance.

you really are the In House Son of a Bitch. lol I love it. u spoke my mind. :bigok: :bigok: :bigok: :bigok:

MDM_180SX
05-10-2007, 12:22 PM

not at any point did i say you can fit a z32 shifter on a s13/s14 you dumb fuck i was just proving there was a nismo short shifter out there...

projectRDM
05-10-2007, 12:29 PM
not at any point did i say you can fit a z32 shifter on a s13/s14 you dumb fuck i was just proving there was a nismo short shifter out there...

Yes you proved your point, about a completely different car that no one was discussing in this post. Do you feel tough now, having proven that not only are you as bright as a table leg but that you also cannot read to save your own life?

I'm sure you could find a 4cyl engine made by Toyota too, but what does that have to do with a Schassis? Absolutely nothing. We all know Nismo makes a Z33 shirt shifter, which in itself is as useless to this thread at Aunt Jemina making maple syrup.

Irukandji
05-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Toshiba makes TV

Cash
05-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Toshiba makes TV

WRONG! God makes tv.

Phlip
05-10-2007, 03:42 PM
WRONG! God makes tv.

WRONG! God makes TV better, like BASF.
This thread is over, the question has been answered, the discussion that follows is statements of subjective opinion, which is oft-discussed and there is no ground-breaking revolutionary information being shared here.