PDA

View Full Version : So im hanging out in my living room and BAM.. car gets hit.

Akiros
05-06-2007, 11:22 PM
WOW. crazy ass night, im still pumped up, tryin to calm down. Guy in a brand new maxima with dealer tags still on it hit my car parked on the side of the road.

My room mate and I were sitting in the living room when we heard a loud bang. If it wasnt for my room mate I wouldnt have found out probably. We jump in his prelude and haul ass down the road tryin to catch him and he stops and gets out, but we arent trying to get too close, cause there is no telling in a situation like this. We continued to follow him and called the cops as he pulls into an EZ Mart like nothing happened, then maumelle PD shows up and tries to calm me down and they are talking to the guy, who was apparently drunk. So im at home right now waiting for cops and insurance info, ill get pics up in a few.
I dont get mad usually, but i was ready to fuckin go, somethin about my car apparently. Anyhoo, maybe this will speed up my kouki conversion... lol.

PS: sorry if that was incoherent, but I im not that stable minded right now anyways.

Kuzumi
05-06-2007, 11:28 PM
sounds like this just happened ?? have fun. i would be mad if someone hit my car.( they would have to go 100 feet up my driveway though)
hope your car isn't totaled

Akiros
05-06-2007, 11:32 PM
During the moment, I was mad as shit, but when we caught him , I knew that insurance was gonna take care of it. oh shit, I dont wanna imagine not catching the motherfucker.

Farzam
05-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Damn mannnnnnn.

Shoulda beat on him.

He was drunk, he wouldnt' have remembered...

And if he did, who is a judge gonna believe?

A fine samaritan who calmy controlled the situation?

OR the drunkard wreaking havoc on Arkansas?

ixfxi
05-07-2007, 12:29 AM
nice job. this happened to one of my friends TWICE, he never cought anyone though.. just came back to see his s13 looking like the end of terminator 2 when he gets blown into pieces.

sucks, but lucky that you got the cops to capture it all for you.

C. Senor
05-07-2007, 12:29 AM
^lol. that sucks. hope the insurance company takes care of you man. but atleast you caught him. wtf is someone doing drinking and driving on a sunday.......a sunday!

s13gold
05-07-2007, 12:34 AM
you are soooo lucky you found him

Akiros
05-07-2007, 12:35 AM
news gets back he wasnt drunk, we just thought he was, police said they suspected drug dealings cause he had like 5k in cash on him.

heres camera phone pics, took digi cam pics but other room mate is sleeping and has his cord, blah blah ill get em up tomorrow
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6695/img00053kl2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4656/img0005401dq8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4484/img00055cd6.th.jpg (http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00055cd6.jpg)

Farzam
05-07-2007, 12:36 AM
He was probably on coke. I've known so many coke dealers with Maximas, and so many car dealers that do coke...

harleys
05-07-2007, 08:15 AM
daaaaamn brian, that sucks. sorry to hear it, but maybe you car can be made better out of the deal! :D i finally got everything straightened up with the insurance company for my car and should be getting the check today. hopefully it doesn't take you as long as it did me man. keep me updated.

'90RPS13
05-07-2007, 08:20 AM
Farzie, are you the Pablo Escobar of North Carolina? ha. Sorry to hear about your car. Glad to hear you caught him and handled it properly after hunting him down.

UNISA JECS
05-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Thats same shit happened to me when I was at my gf house damn asshole came around the corner in a drift in like a 1980's battlelack knocked over the speedlimit poll along with trashcans and a bush to conecting with my gf rear passanger side pushing her car into my S13 coupe from behind pushing my coupe there there garage door and his car came to rest in the front yard, I ran outside tried to get him out of the car while he was trying to restart his car and he finally got it started and boned the fuck out he never got caught...sucks....sorry to hear that happened to you atleast you founf him.

azndoc
05-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Dude that sucks man. At least you caught the guy and the proper procedures were taken so that it covers you. GL with it and get as much as you can out of that douchbag.

nismo-joe
05-07-2007, 11:42 AM
damn that sucks now you and l.b. motoring have somthing in common, you both got your cars hit when they were parked in the streets..... damn i :-/ park on the street too!

nismo-joe
05-07-2007, 11:57 AM
damn that sucks now you and l.b. motoring have somthing in common, you both got your cars hit when they were parked in the streets..... damn i :-/ park on the street too!

Akiros
05-07-2007, 11:58 AM

Robby didnt catch the guy though :(

Andrew @ 240sxMotoring
05-07-2007, 12:00 PM
The 1st day I had my 240 someone f'in left a huge ass dent in my rear quarter in the middle of the night. It's wasn't even in the street but in my driveway. Drove forever throughout the neighborhood looking for a silver/white car with black paint scrapped on it with no luck.

At least you caught the guy and got the police on him. Can't ask for much more really. :D

mrs.drift33
05-07-2007, 03:47 PM
super suckie!!!! at least u caught him!!!

SimpleS14
05-07-2007, 03:52 PM
wow...I know exactly how you feel...its sucks. I had the same crap happen to me, but I never caught the guy. I'm glad you did catch and I wish the best of luck with you and the insurance company.

koukimonster139
05-07-2007, 04:25 PM
for fucks sake. what is with the plethora of shattered plastic shit on the ground?

did all that come from his car or yours?

PhilthyS13
05-07-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm glad you caught the guy. Consider yourself very fortunate. My s13 got hit on Lombard street in broad daylight (the street is busy 24/7/365). I came out from work and saw my bumper extension sitting in between the lanes. It was surreal. I wished someone would have taken 5 minutes and left a note, but I guess no one cared. I just hope all the people that saw that and looked the other way catch hpv.

Akiros
05-07-2007, 06:36 PM
for fucks sake. what is with the plethora of shattered plastic shit on the ground?

did all that come from his car or yours?

his shit. had fluid leaked on the ground too, his car was in worse shape prolly.

also, ive never dealt with insurance on any kind of this. Id like to be really firm with his insurance because "their" people will try to have ass and cheap way do everything. Can I take it to "my" shop and get an estimate that way? id actually rather they total the thing. keep my wheels and suspension and get a new car.

eastcoastS14
05-08-2007, 03:33 PM
yes you can take it to your own shop....similar shit happened to me guys in a van doing work on my street backed up into my prelude when i had it but i didnt see it just came out to a big dent....insurance company tried give me a really cheap estimate on body work so they didnt have to pay...i brought it to a shop i knew and the guy said no way would that cover it, he called the insurance company and got someone to the shop and explained why it was gonna be way more...they ended up writing me a much bigger check

Akiros
05-09-2007, 02:00 PM
5800 and the guy wasnt even done counting shit up yet. Also took it to another shop, he said totalled as well. Havent talked to their insurance but I have paper work. About to call them and see what they are wanting to do.

s13rookie
05-09-2007, 11:00 PM
That sucks. That didnt look like 6g's of damage-even though it wasnt a great pic

gotta watch out for them maxima drivers, they are a grimey bunch

eastcoastS14
05-09-2007, 11:19 PM
just curious but what kind of insurance coverage did you have? I am hearing that its not worth getting full coverage on a 240 cause ur insurance will usually just total it and give you like 2-3k for it....but your saying they are gonna give you almost 6k

Akiros
05-10-2007, 10:20 AM
just curious but what kind of insurance coverage did you have? I am hearing that its not worth getting full coverage on a 240 cause ur insurance will usually just total it and give you like 2-3k for it....but your saying they are gonna give you almost 6k

I have liability but it doesnt matter since it was his fault. My car is worth 5k on nada so Im hoping thats what they will give me. I think if damage is > 70% they total it, which would be around 3k worth of damage. Im still trying to get ahold of their insurance and they will send out their guy and Ill see what he says.

koukikat180sx
05-10-2007, 11:39 AM
damn that sucks. at least you caught the guy. good luck with everything!

Baka Sama
05-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Lucky bastard... I pray each day that somebody totals my car. 6,000 for a ugly maroon s14. Congatulations. :w00t:

Akiros
05-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Lucky bastard... I pray each day that somebody totals my car. 6,000 for a ugly maroon s14. Congatulations. :w00t:

dont you mean beautiful ruby pearl?:keke:

Cashizslick
05-10-2007, 02:24 PM
his shit. had fluid leaked on the ground too, his car was in worse shape prolly.

also, ive never dealt with insurance on any kind of this. Id like to be really firm with his insurance because "their" people will try to have ass and cheap way do everything. Can I take it to "my" shop and get an estimate that way? id actually rather they total the thing. keep my wheels and suspension and get a new car.

Did this guy get arrested for a DUI?

Akiros
05-10-2007, 03:23 PM
^ no he didnt

eminem_rh25
05-16-2007, 02:19 AM
Any update yet?

S14TEVE
05-16-2007, 02:37 PM
HOLY SHIT!

that sucks dude. at least you can get a nice new front end now. lol. are you wheels ok? looks like it.

Akiros
05-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Any update yet?

gotta call the claims adjuster tomorrow, faxed them my estimate, so I should know soon.:bigok:

thejapino
05-26-2007, 01:33 AM
I'm glad you caught the guy. Consider yourself very fortunate. My s13 got hit on Lombard street in broad daylight (the street is busy 24/7/365). I came out from work and saw my bumper extension sitting in between the lanes. It was surreal. I wished someone would have taken 5 minutes and left a note, but I guess no one cared. I just hope all the people that saw that and looked the other way catch hpv.

Lombard is like a little freeway somtimes. One time i was waiting for my gf to get out of class. She attends Academy of Art in the New Montgomery building. I was parked in a small alley with a view of the street.

Class gets out and these guys pile into an early 90's accord parallell-parked between a taurus and a motorcycle. Without looking behind them, they reversed into the bike and knocked it over. I would have honked to stop them but I was messing around with an ipod. All I heard was a metallic THUD! They get outside but I take down the plate # anyway. At first they're like "Shit dude, I didn't see that shit.". The three of them start picking up the bike. At this point, Im thinking "Thats cool, they're picking it up, maybe they'll wait for the owner or leave a note." After they pick it up, they jump in the car and take off!!! By this time, I was ready to leave a note with the plate # on the guys bike.

I was ready to get out of the car and the rider is walking toward his bike so I call him over and give him the info. Dude was pissed but at least he'll get his shit back/compensated. I felt sorry for him cuz when the bike went down, it snapped the clutch handle off. I don't know how he got home or if he ever got something from it though. That was my good samaritan deed for that day.

drift freaq
05-26-2007, 01:51 AM
wow don't know how I missed this thread. Ya my old low mileage 91 was parked across the street from my building here in Los Feliz(Los Angeles neighborhood) 6:00 P.M. at night end of august. I go for a run in Griffith Park come back. I am walking down the street I see a cop car with its lights on where my car is parked and I am like oh fuck. Some fucking Gardner type dude in a Toyota pickup came around the corner and totally plowed the right side rear of my car pushing it forward into a Landcruiser. Car was totaled, thank god for full coverage.

Akiros
05-29-2007, 11:29 AM
UPDATE!

claim adjuster just got done and Im back from the bank. I bought the car back from the insurance company so I got a check for $3300 + my car. I sure am glad Im out of school for the summer to work on my "new" car.

no slide
05-29-2007, 11:40 AM
nice dude. but now your car is salvaged title. oh well, just make sure you keep it forever.

Akiros
05-29-2007, 12:47 PM
actually, the insurance guy told me that since it was older than five years, they dont salvage title it.

max2damax
05-29-2007, 01:12 PM
wait what!!!, they just salvaged my 98, nobody said nothing about that!

Akiros
05-29-2007, 05:31 PM
i have geico. maybe its different for different insuranace companies? either way, it was only like 400, and I dont really plan on selling it any time soon.

Gaelen
05-30-2007, 09:23 AM
well at least you got the car back and have something to occupy your time now lol

any big plans with that 3300?

s13rookie
05-30-2007, 09:32 AM
how much did they charge you to buy the car back?

Akiros
05-31-2007, 03:04 AM
10% of the value of the car. ^ I plan on going kouki and putting the rest towards an SR swap

s13rookie
05-31-2007, 09:47 AM
not bad at all. I think i may have to start parking on the street and start hoping....

WIKID S4TEEN
05-31-2007, 10:30 AM
Me too, please come hit my car you drunk f'ers

:D
not bad at all. I think i may have to start parking on the street and start hoping....