PDA

View Full Version : anyone try those fake ipod nanos from ebay?

HyperTek
05-06-2007, 08:39 AM
they are soo cheap.. was wondering if anyone had experience with one.. tempted to get one since i dont feel like throwing down over $200 on a real one. (i used to have a oldskool 3rd gen 15gig one that I scored on those free website deals but it no longer works).

TheTimanator
05-06-2007, 08:50 AM
link? all I saw were real nano's...
(ebay links are allowed as long as your not trying to sell something afaik)

HyperTek
05-06-2007, 09:01 AM
search for mp4 ipod http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=IPOD+MP4&category0=

swift_style
05-06-2007, 09:04 AM
I'll get it just for the heck of it. Since it's so cheap you could give it a try and let us know how it is.

Flipzide
05-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Haha! My friend got one apparently. He showed me the box and everything. I think he said it was called the "tripod" or something. I'll ask if i can see it in action.

It did look like this, though.
http://img.engadget.com/common/images/3060000000057646.JPG

http://www.engadget.com/2005/12/10/ipod-nano-knockoff/

NemeGuero
05-06-2007, 11:42 AM
looks like complete garbage

r3skyline
05-06-2007, 01:08 PM
cant complain if it works tho! :D

Jung918
05-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Some jackass stole my identity on ebay and tried to sell a whole bunch of those. I wouldn't buy shit from them.

chmercer
05-06-2007, 01:56 PM
ipod mad sucks, worst piece of hardware ever, i have absolutely no idea how it got popular.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SanDisk-Sansa-e260-4-GB-MP3-Player_W0QQitemZ130106502223QQihZ003QQcategoryZ114 632QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i have like this one but less capacity. maybe 1gb? i dunno. wtf is the point of having 3000 cds for when you go jogging.

but anyway, you can like, plug it into any computer you want, and it wont like shit all its internal organs out of its asshole trying to "synchronize" or some shit. and you can open it up on my computer, and put songs in the folder, and then un plug it, and play the songs. lol

what an amazing feature, that it actually works how you would expect it to work.

itunes is devil software

/rant

BustedS13
05-06-2007, 02:30 PM
just buy a legit mp3 player. there's plenty of options other than the ipod.. although, i do prefer the ipod.

mp3 player timeline:

2001: Creative Nomad II
2004: 4g iPod (60gb)
2006: 5g iPod (80gb)
2007 (january): Zune
2007 (current): iPod (30gb)

ipods are great, but break. get coverage. the Zune is a great piece of hardware, better than the ipod. but its software is so horrible i can't use it. so for a trip, i went up to walmart and bought a 30gb ipod, and got a two year plan on it. walmart covers humidity, heat, and power surges. when the new ipod comes out, this one's going in a fish tank, and then into an oven.

kdashy
05-06-2007, 02:41 PM
I bought a cheap mp3 player whilst in china a couple years ago for for like 20 bucks. 256meg capacity.

It still works.

My Ipod Nano does not.

Fuck Apple.

BustedS13
05-06-2007, 02:46 PM
I bought a cheap mp3 player whilst in china a couple years ago for for like 20 bucks. 256meg capacity.

It still works.

My Ipod Nano does not.

Fuck Apple.

yeah, ipods break like crazy. if they didn't have such a killer interface, i'd never buy another one.. but, again, walmart's replacement plan is so lucrative, that i'll be getting free ipods for life :)

adrians_s13
05-06-2007, 03:16 PM
my 5th gen 30g ipod stopped working already... I bought it when it came out a couple years ago...

if I knew zune was gonna come out, I woulda never wasted my money on the ipod... :(

Farzam
05-06-2007, 03:45 PM
I like iPods.

They plug into my head unit.

Fake stuff is stupid.

ixfxi
05-06-2007, 03:48 PM
ipod mad sucks, worst piece of hardware ever, i have absolutely no idea how it got popular.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SanDisk-Sansa-e260-4-GB-MP3-Player_W0QQitemZ130106502223QQihZ003QQcategoryZ114 632QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i have like this one but less capacity. maybe 1gb? i dunno. wtf is the point of having 3000 cds for when you go jogging.

but anyway, you can like, plug it into any computer you want, and it wont like shit all its internal organs out of its asshole trying to "synchronize" or some shit. and you can open it up on my computer, and put songs in the folder, and then un plug it, and play the songs. lol

what an amazing feature, that it actually works how you would expect it to work.

itunes is devil software

/rant

funny, we actually agree AGAIN. FUCK YOU for sharing the same opinion with me.

maddox says it best, here's the deal with macs - ipods included:
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

i dont have a problem with any device that plays music, as long as it works and is trouble free. from my brief impression with ipods, i cant stand the fucking wheel control - i think it blows dick.

im stuck with my player for 6 years ago, its a Compaq mp3 player called the PJB100. I upgraded mine with a 40gb laptop HDD, shit holds more music than I'de ever want.. not to mention it uses great audio codecs. Nowadays its considered a bit bulky or large, but thats just due to the battery. Also its USB 1.0, which is also dated. But I could care less, its better than an ipod.

fuck an ipod.

fromxtor
05-06-2007, 03:57 PM
I have a 1st gen iPod that still works perfect, sorry for everybody elses luck.

slothonaleash
05-06-2007, 06:53 PM
only problems i have with ipods is that fact that mine never turns off anymore and i've had two stolen from me

TheTimanator
05-06-2007, 07:37 PM
I have a 60gb video ipod and it's full. Half of it music the other half videos. I travel a lot so I love the thing. I suppose another brands mp3/video player would make me just as happy but whatever. I have never had problems with it...

I feel like in order to have a Mac, I need to be:

# An artist.
# In a band.
# Unemployed
^^^ lol. I work with a lot of bands and stuff and they all use macs and will never shut up about them. For certain things they are better but they're still just a computer. :down:

revat619
05-06-2007, 07:59 PM
If you wanna save money and you want an ipod, just buy one of the refurbished ones off apple.com. They come with warranties and all that crap too.

Buying a knock-off ipod is just stupid.

Drift Motion
05-06-2007, 10:40 PM
i have one of those MP4 nano-look-alike player
its 1 GB, cost me around $50, works great, has this loud speaker on the back, so you dont always need headphones
the good thing about it, it has a build in FM-transmitter, so you can listen to ur songs via your radio without a AUX input

another fun thing to do is listen through the headphones, turn on the speaker on the back and through the car radio at the same time! totally "surround sound"

s13gold
05-07-2007, 12:35 AM
just buy an MP3 player from a large retailer that has a warranty.

street240
05-07-2007, 01:22 AM
So what kind of interface does this knockoff have?

20 til 3
05-07-2007, 02:05 AM
lol, only reason i wouldnt want an ipod or a knockoff is because i think they are like the most stolen item on the market...all of my roommates got there's jacked at one point lmao

walkman FTW

Baka Sama
05-07-2007, 10:00 AM
I bought the 30g Zune the first day it came out and I hate it, hate it, hate it!! It has nice screen size but the battery life sucks and the worst part is it automatically organizes your music for you. So when it doesnt recognize a song it sticks it in with MISC files.. And it doesnt play MPEG, only WMA.:rl:

BustedS13
05-07-2007, 11:19 AM
I bought the 30g Zune the first day it came out and I hate it, hate it, hate it!! It has nice screen size but the battery life sucks and the worst part is it automatically organizes your music for you. So when it doesnt recognize a song it sticks it in with MISC files.. And it doesnt play MPEG, only WMA.:rl:

i love the device itself. once you have everything properly organized, it's an AWESOME little player. it's got a great interface, nice screen, it's practically impossible to scratch, and i feel i could throw it at a brick wall and it'd be fine.

...unfortunately, the Zune software is so completely horrible that i can't use it. it's just awful. if somebody could come up with a way to get iTunes to recognize the Zune, i'd go buy another Zune in a heartbeat.

A Spec Products
05-07-2007, 01:26 PM
lol

you guys love your knockoffs for 240

and even for your music players

just save up and buy an ipod

Drift Motion
05-07-2007, 08:40 PM
why bother buy an ipod that you know would fail on you sooner or later

these knockoff are still pretty nice products, the program in there isnt the best, no "playlist" but u can just put the songs into w/e the folder and that can act like a playlist

this is my current MP4 player(didnt post as img) http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/4126/dsc054362go.jpg
(this thing is NOT a knockoff tho...)

it plays music, video, pictures, there is also a program to read txt files, records sounds
1GB build in memory, plus a Mini SD slot

all for around $40 USD

revat619
05-07-2007, 11:49 PM
seriously, what the hell are you guys doing to break your ipods?! I had mine for almost 2 years and it worked perfect. Only reason it broke was because my dumb cat knocked over a soda and it spilled all over it (i wasnt home when this happened).

All electronics wear out eventually, but if you take care of your stuff, they can last a good long time. I personally dont trust knock off shit and the fact that ipods, zunes, etc. have warranties, makes spending the extra money that much more worth it. Like i said, you can get a refurbished ipod WITH a warranty off apple.com for nearly half the price. With those available, there's really no reason to buy some lame ass fake ipod.

Reputable brands other than ipods for mp3 players? Sure why not.

Knock off shit mp3 players of reputable brands with no warranties, that will probably stop working within the year AND have no software or customer service support should something happen? Fucking retarded.

HyperTek
05-08-2007, 11:55 AM
yah, you pay the amount for an ipod, id expect a warrenty.. pay cheapo for for cheap mp3 player, if it breaks, then no fuse get another one. You get what you pay for.

Older ipods break becuase they have alot of moving mechanical parts inside them *mini hard drive discs* compared to the newer stuff that uses flash memory storage. And thier software/firmware isnt fool-proof when insyncing wiht a pc, ive had tons of errors/crashes with my old one, but i would hope they improved since then.

I really didnt want to see this become a ipod vs. fakes thread, jus wnated to see who had the fake ones.. Obiously the originator would be better..

Just curious as to the sound quality these things put out. I wouldnt mind purchasing another ipod, just hate to see a new model come out every 6 months and still be paying for one.

revat619
05-08-2007, 03:16 PM
not trying to turn this into an ipod vs. fake war at all, but there's really no reason to buy a fake one....

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=EC0F3C63&node=home/specialdeals/ipod

i'd be willing to bet even a previous generation one is better than that knock off ebay one...

but its your money, do what you want. :bow:

ManoNegra
05-08-2007, 04:01 PM
I was give a Zune for free.
Pros:
- video quality is nicer than Ipod.
- FM tuner is great when watching TV at the gym
- Rock solid feel and great interface

Cons:
- Software is a little retarded but not a dealbreaker
- Batterylife sucks when playing vids
- Too balky, I would preferr a Nano-sized player for jogging or gym duty

Overall I can't complain since it was free.
I bought the 30g Zune the first day it came out and I hate it, hate it, hate it!! It has nice screen size but the battery life sucks and the worst part is it automatically organizes your music for you. So when it doesn't recognize a song it sticks it in with MISC files.. And it doesn't play MPEG, only WMA.

It catalogues songs/albums without tags as miscellaneous.I use Tag & Rename to clean up my MP3s in my library. Itunes also converts files to Apple's codec upon synching.