PDA

View Full Version : Gumball 3000 drivers arrested for hit and run fatality

BustedS13
05-03-2007, 07:30 PM
http://jalopnik.com/cars/gumball-3000/gumballers-nick-morley-and-matthew-mcconville-arrested-after-hit+and+run-fatality-257447.php

:/

SiI40sx
05-03-2007, 07:55 PM
OH SNAP lol I totally misread this. I thought you ment 3000 drivers hit and ran someone LOL. Umm yeah well ok nm.....

staygold24
05-03-2007, 07:58 PM
no more gumball 3000.

too much money and not enough sense.

azndoc
05-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Well the majority of them are rich ass millionaires anyways so I'm sure they thought they could do whatever they wanted.

Running over people is just not cool in my book.

kouki_s14
05-03-2007, 08:31 PM
well say goodbye to all future gumballs

Irukandji
05-03-2007, 08:41 PM
That really sucks

I hate how there's always one bad apple....

tchenku
05-03-2007, 08:46 PM
that is just F**k up!! i hope those 2 burn in hell for what they did.

LookOut Nick
05-03-2007, 08:57 PM
damn, getting in a hit in run in russia, scary enough... they were probably scared shitless, and may not have known they killed the guy...this isnt the first time shit like this happens, other people have left the scene in gumball wrecks,countless times. but i guess it was the first fatality

Taniguchi_Is_#1
05-03-2007, 08:57 PM

i don't understand how a bunch of rich fags driving recklessly all over the world could result in one good apple.

wootwoot
05-03-2007, 08:59 PM
scum....

so it goes.

savannaae
05-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Damn that. Messed up...

xblack240x
05-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Stupid... I used to watch the Gumball 3000, but I lost interest... What they did was just wrong though...

Farzam
05-03-2007, 11:53 PM
Now it'll be super XTREME!

Gumballf355
05-04-2007, 05:00 AM
Crazy thing is this happens all the time. Go on youtube and look up "Gumball crash" and see what you get. Usually it's a Gumballer that dies and not someone else tho. Gumball in the states is alot more calm than in other countries... through europe and stuff people openly do drugs and other things...
Players Run, Gumball3000, BullRun, and such events have all of these same things in common... there are no differences. I chose not to do the last one because there weren't any chances to sleep... it was supposed to be one hotel stay on the first night then drive,fly, drive, fly ,drive for 3 days straight before a hotel stay. One day rallies are easier...

Gumballers aren't usually as reckless as those two that crashed... they almost always wait for open road to cut their cars loose. There are always a few that lay it all on the line though... you seem to get there where ever you are.

exitspeed
05-04-2007, 07:28 AM

It's not like they did it on purpose. I'm not anti-GumBall by any means, but what do you expect to happen. It's not a matter of one bad apple, it's a matter of percentages. It's bound to happen that someone is going to get killed.

qwikspool
05-04-2007, 07:53 AM
its sucks to be those 2 gumballer drivers.

S13FREEAAK
05-04-2007, 09:09 AM
its sucks to be those 2 gumballer drivers.

It sucks more to be the guy who is dead, and the wife who lost her husband.

exitspeed
05-04-2007, 10:46 AM
It sucks more to be the guy who is dead, and the wife who lost her husband.

Indeed. It sucks more for the family who's father, brother, or uncle was killed because of this.

ManoNegra
05-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Then they take off and try to flee the country. Also sucks to be the driver of the BMW that picked them up.

s13gold
05-04-2007, 12:39 PM
well why hit n run....fcken idiots...and its morally wrong.

S13FREEAAK
05-04-2007, 01:10 PM
well why hit n run....fcken idiots...and its morally wrong.

See thats just it, judging by what goes on in the world today, 95% of the people don't give a shit about morals. I personally have know clue on how you would be able to run away from that situation, I'd feel an obligation to stay and try and help the people who were hurt.

exitspeed
05-04-2007, 01:13 PM
See thats just it, judging by what goes on in the world today, 95% of the people don't give a shit about morals. I personally have know clue on how you would be able to run away from that situation, I'd feel an obligation to stay and try and help the people who were hurt.

That's cause your not a douche and your parents taught you right from wrong.

koukikat180sx
05-04-2007, 01:22 PM
that's messed up. it just takes one to ruin the fun...

qwikspool
05-04-2007, 03:58 PM
that's messed up. it just takes one to ruin the fun...

yeah i agree. hopefully those gumballer drivers get the maximum punishment.

Evil240
05-04-2007, 05:52 PM
the last time i bumped a lady... she didnt even know it was me who hit her. I followed her for about 6 miles to her house before she realized it was me who hit her. She was freaked out because she thought i was following her to rob her. Fugg.... now their dumbarses have to live with the fact that they killed a person.. made a widow of another, and probally robbed a family of their father/grandfather. may they rot in hell......

SimpleS14
05-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Damn...I am simply shocked the guys ran away from the accident. What the hell was going on in there mind? I wonder whats going to happen them.

A Spec Products
05-04-2007, 06:23 PM
I still don't agree with the Gumball events, even moreso now due to this fatality

It's still STREET RACING (which I think is the most retarted thing to do), but just with super expensive ass cars

Jon Michael
05-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Those idiots were prolly trying to act out a scene from Redline.

Hope they get theirs, it's so sad that something this terrible could happen. But, I hope it doesn't ruin it for the other people who do these events.

ThatGuy
05-04-2007, 06:47 PM
I don't agree with these events, and I will be happy when they end. It is just unfortunate that it may take an innocents man's life to get the point across. Some people will never get it though. They will continue to hide behind the name "RALLY" and claim they aren't doing anything dangerous.

Open Public roads are no place for races.

A Spec Products
05-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Those idiots were prolly trying to act out a scene from Redline.

Hope they get theirs, it's so sad that something this terrible could happen. But, I hope it doesn't ruin it for the other people who do these events.

I don't think so, they probably were just going super fast, and either slightly lost control or weaved, etc.

Its bad, since in a lot of the countries, its not as if they block off a section of race track and hold a sanctioned event. So in terms of safety, its a time bomb waiting to happen. If anything they notify the authorities in the country that they will be passing through, but that's hardly what I'd call safety and whatnot.

I'm not trying to get into a debate on whether its right or wrong blah blah but I just think in the grand scheme of things its a very unsafe event.

If the people holding these events weren't the wealthiest of the wealthy dudes that they are, this would've been shutdown faster than Johnny Tran at Racewars.

RoyalFlush
05-04-2007, 06:55 PM
i agree this is wrong and hearless 110% but statements like that of taniguchis are just stupid and ignorant.

i went to the start of gumball last year in pall mall london and there are some really cool nice guys out there who just share a passion for cars and work for their money. just because your rich doesnt make you a fag, and just because you drive in gumball doesnt make you a wreckless driver.

as of last night its over anyway, maximillion says "Following our earlier release reporting yesterday's accident - As a sign of respect we have decided that this year's Gumball 3000 Rally will not travel any further and will end in Bratislava this evening, May 3rd 2007."

and for those of you who are like, 'this shit happens all the time..blah blah blah" this is the first time its happened in nine years

im not at all defending what happened, i think its wrong and im glad they ended it, but cmon, dont make broad generalizations like that when im sure im one of the only ones here whos actually been to one, and no i did not drive in it.

A Spec Products
05-04-2007, 07:30 PM
i went to the start of gumball last year in pall mall london and there are some really cool nice guys out there who just share a passion for cars and work for their money. just because your rich doesnt make you a fag, and just because you drive in gumball doesnt make you a wreckless driver.

Yeah, for sure, but it still is an uncontrolled event with tons of high speed and in some case amateur drivers behind the wheel. Even if someone is a professional race car driver, its just the fact that you have supercars speeding in between Yugos that makes it unsafe.

I think its an exciting concept, but for it to be executed right, the whole tour would have to be on a closed road, but then it would lose all its appeal.

SimpleS14
05-04-2007, 10:39 PM
The couple has died...as the lady recently passed away :(

punxva
05-04-2007, 10:47 PM
this is very sad, and as stated before, it was bound to happen

eastcoastS14
05-04-2007, 11:28 PM
yeah that is really sad...another example of what speed can do. Too many people drive like life is a video game, Im all for opening it up every once in a while but use common sense. Obviously the point of these things is to have fun with some amazing machines, but that owning a fast car doesnt make you invincible or mean that things wont go to shit really fast. These guys have to live with the fact that the took one persons life and ruined a second life just because they were trying to have fun. I think these guys should have been bigger man and faced the consequences

DRavenS13
05-05-2007, 02:02 AM
There are some people that are just never gonna learn that street racing is wrong. If you just want the adrenaline rush of being in a fast car, then go to a closed road and kill yourself if that's what you want. No one has the right to drive irresponsibly and hurt/kill other people just to satisfy a rush. If those are rich guys that seem to have the money to be over-ballin and super tune their cars to death, then surely they have the money to take their cars to wherever it will be safe for others. Those people had their lives needlessly taken away. No matter how people try to justify Gumball, or whatever other runs there are, at the end of the day it's still dangerous for other people on the road that are not participating and just trying to mind their own business.

I hope those dudes rot in hell for not at least having the effing balls to stop and help those people.

Gumballf355
05-06-2007, 01:46 PM
A Statement from Maximillion Cooper
Issued by Maximillion Cooper on behalf of The Gumball 3000 Rally - 21.30 / 03 May 2007

Following our earlier release reporting yesterday's accident - As a sign of respect we have decided that this year's Gumball 3000 Rally will not travel any further and will end in Bratislava this evening, May 3rd 2007.

As the organisers of the rally we feel that it should be stopped as a mark of respect to Vladimir Cepulyoski who died today after an accident involving one the participating drivers.

We are very saddened by what has happened and feel that it would be wrong to continue. On behalf of Gumball 3000, we once again extend our deepest sympathies to his family and we are doing everything we can for them.

This is the first time anything like this has happened in 9 years of travelling through over 40 countries with 1000's of drivers and it is with deep regret that I make this announcement.

Maximillion Cooper
Founder & CEO
The Gumball 3000 Group

Cash
05-06-2007, 05:09 PM
OH SNAP lol I totally misread this. I thought you ment 3000 drivers hit and ran someone LOL. Umm yeah well ok nm.....

That would have been really messy.

nevaland9
05-06-2007, 09:08 PM
that sucks for everyone...gumballs been kicked out of USA now Europe..so i guess its gumball Australia now