PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions on gift to buy for friend..

SimpleS14
05-02-2007, 06:07 PM
OK...so I have a friend that I've known for almost five years now and her birthday is coming up. Last year I bought her these Converse shoes that she was dying for...and before that a digital camera. Since we are close friends, I already did the Victora Secret bit (but I can always do it again :) )

She mentions this digital camera...but the damn thing is $400 and she lost not one...but TWO digital cameras...so yea I'm definiately not getting that. Right now I'm leaning towards the jawbone BT headset and treating her out to lunch.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

arkive43
05-02-2007, 06:11 PM
jdm dildo shift nob? jkjkjk........get her a disposable cam as a joke lol see what she says.

autobahNESSA
05-02-2007, 06:42 PM
don't spend more then $40

unwed_transient
05-02-2007, 07:07 PM
^ that's for a date.

don't spend anything, unless you're banging her, but you're not, so yeah.

lol.

seriously though, she didn't value the camera, so don't waste your money.

guy friends don't get each other gifts, why should she be any different than one of the guys? or am i missing something?

Farzam
05-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Go to Spencer's.
They have bouquets of flowers.
But those aren't flowers...
THEY'RE CONDOMS!

speedstar01
05-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Go to Spencer's.
They have bouquets of flowers.
But those aren't flowers...
THEY'RE CONDOMS!

omg! do they really make those? +1 for you!

but seriously, get her something with a hidden meaning or a an object that has reminds her of your friendship with her. girls like meaningful things instead of pricey things...unless theyre bitches

in which case you should kill Leonardo Dicapprio, take his BLODD DIAMONDS, and give them to her in a $1000 digi cam!!! :-/

good luck and happy hunting for the gift :)

SimpleS14
05-02-2007, 08:05 PM
hahahaha....actually...I have to change my story. She didn't lose my camera, she gave it to her mom (or more like she took it from her) and the other one (not given by me) was broken by accident. I don't treat her like a guy friend..and that really can't be comparable.

I recently had my birthday (last Sunday) and she did drop a nice bit of change...so I figured it would be nice to give her something decent (and useful).

Thanks for the comment speedstar01

rainier
05-02-2007, 08:10 PM
get a her a professional massage.

im serious. do it. youll thank me afterwards

Bryants95240sx
05-02-2007, 08:10 PM
You dont have to be doin the chick to get her something nice for birthday, especially if she did the same for you. Guys can have girls that are friends that are just friends and dont expect anything more than that.

s13gold
05-02-2007, 10:09 PM
nice lunch, if ur that close, it doesnt matter about the cash.

rainier
05-02-2007, 10:19 PM
im telling you, get her a massage at a spa.

Farzam
05-02-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm telling you, ROSE CONDOMS.

shayrgob240
05-03-2007, 12:26 AM
You dont have to be doin the chick to get her something nice for birthday, especially if she did the same for you. Guys can have girls that are friends that are just friends and dont expect anything more than that.

true but the reality is that in most cases the guy is expecting something or is thinking that something might come out of it.

azndoc
05-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Just go out of town for a while.

Then when you come back just pretend like nothing happened and move on with your life.

SochBAT
05-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Wow. we've got a lot of ego in here.

Be baller, and spoil her with small things the whole day, or duration of you and her hangin out.

Its always a great way to give the ultimate gift, strengthening the bond you guys have. Memorable, not materialistic.

unwed_transient
05-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Just go out of town for a while.

Then when you come back just pretend like nothing happened and move on with your life.

+1

don't feel like you owe her.

why did you lie in the first place?

buy here some lunch, jeez.

!Zar!
05-03-2007, 01:35 AM
Buy her a open box digicam. Make it pretty and give it to her.

Good gift and it'll save you some money.

I'm guessing she has an ipod and what not?

Fredy
05-03-2007, 02:10 AM
uhm, i say go for the lunch thing, a small gift or something, and the just hang out..

my best friend is a girl and that's most of what we do (besides have a drinking party and laugh at the first person to pass out before the sun comes up.. :P). it's really not the gift that matters, but the thought behind it. a true friend will realize that, girl or not..

SimpleS14
05-03-2007, 07:15 AM
im telling you, get her a massage at a spa.

Yea I wanted to do that...but the place she mentions is a bit out there.

!Zar! - She has two ipod nanos haha

I can take her to lunch as I initially plan to do. The reason why I can't take her out of town is because I'm sure other people want to treat her to something as well and she is always busy. Speaking of traveling, that same weekend she is going to Greece as a b-day gift. :tweak:

Anywho....I pretty much know what I'm going to do now.

speedstar01
05-03-2007, 07:19 AM
lol who the hell would want 2 ipod nanos!!! those things are tiny :confused: :confused: :confused:

did you decided on a gift yet?:) times running out:hsdance:

how about a nintendo Wii, those things are as fun as a barrel of monkeys!!! :aw: :aw: :aw: :aw: <<monkeys after playing Wii

SimpleS14
05-03-2007, 08:48 AM
lol who the hell would want 2 ipod nanos!!! those things are tiny :confused: :confused: :confused:

did you decided on a gift yet?:) times running out:hsdance:

haha..yea one is her everyday use and the other one is the limited edition red one that she just keeps in a box (both are gifts).

I'm getting her a drawer...nothing fancy or expensive, just contemporary since she knows that's my style and I do have some taste. Also its something her room lacks...I mean..I don't mind seeing the undies and stuff like that...but rather on her and not all over the floor lol

Treat her to some lunch (thinking sushi) and maybe a cake with a toy Z4 on it (inside joke).

markyboi
05-03-2007, 08:53 AM
how about the undie that she has on goes to the floor?!

EDacIouSX
05-03-2007, 10:14 AM
date rape pill and a glass of alcohol... erm.. the massage sounded like a good deal but i guess it got beat by some wood.. haha. any reason why you guys treat each other to so much stuff? Is she a really good friend to you but is just ugly? cause I've never seen a guy buy expensive stuff for an ugly "good" female friend

wait wtf. just post pics of her!!!!!!!!!

SimpleS14
05-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Is she a really good friend to you but is just ugly? cause I've never seen a guy buy expensive stuff for an ugly "good" female friend

wait wtf. just post pics of her!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!! :rofl:

yea she's definitely not ugly...but i dunno if its worth posting a pic hahaha

azndoc
05-03-2007, 11:58 AM
this thread is useless without pics.

Post it so that we can give you better advice on the particular gift.

Lolz

exitspeed
05-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Go buy her a package at a spa. Massage, nails, shit like that. You can get packages for like $100+.

She can't loose it. She'll feel nice and it's not that expensive.

DUFFM4N
05-03-2007, 12:20 PM
give her the wikiki sneaky between the cheeky :keke:

ALTRNTV
05-03-2007, 12:25 PM
+1 for the spa idea. Girls love that pampering stuff.

SimpleS14
05-03-2007, 12:28 PM
hmm..I will use the spa package one for next year...thanks for that bit of advice.

SochBAT
05-03-2007, 05:05 PM
You can get good discounts for buying it early, depending on location.

I bought one for a chick for like, 50ish bucks? Manicure, pedicure, hot rock massage, mud bath, all that jazz. She came back lookin all fine. I shouldn't have dropped the ball.

RightWheelDrive
05-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Wait, what's your definition of "friend"?

I secretly want to be with you friend or little sis type friend?

SimpleS14
05-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Wait, what's your definition of "friend"?

I secretly want to be with you friend or little sis type friend?

I look at her more like a cousin than a sister because I'm not overprotective and threaten (or intimidate) most guys that talk to her.

Fredy
05-04-2007, 04:22 AM
haha, did you know that it's legal to marry your second cousin in alabama? :P

so if you look at her as a cousin, would it be first or second cousin?

lmao..

pbcstylez
05-04-2007, 12:07 PM
this thread is useless without pics.

Post it so that we can give you better advice on the particular gift.

Lolz

i propose azndoc's idea if you want more ideas

'90RPS13
05-04-2007, 12:11 PM
+1 for PBC and Azn's idea's.

*Who is the avatar of?*

SimpleS14
05-04-2007, 12:51 PM
\*Who is the avatar of?*

Kristen Kreuk

koukikat180sx
05-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Yea I wanted to do that...but the place she mentions is a bit out there.

!Zar! - She has two ipod nanos haha

I can take her to lunch as I initially plan to do. The reason why I can't take her out of town is because I'm sure other people want to treat her to something as well and she is always busy. Speaking of traveling, that same weekend she is going to Greece as a b-day gift. :tweak:

Anywho....I pretty much know what I'm going to do now.

+1 - this is a girl's opinion too... burke williams day spa.

http://www.burkewilliamsspa.com/home.htm

b-s14
05-05-2007, 06:52 AM
just give her your junk in the box and play the song while she is opening it.