PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I got backed into. NOW WHAT??

Skullavera
05-02-2007, 01:41 AM
Hey everyone, I was just looking for some advice here regarding something that just happened to me tonight. I went to the Cheesecake Factory in Marina Del Rey and some idiot backed up into my car. My car was valet parked and the guy backed out from the take-out parking stalls. I got his information and insurance stuffs, but I have a body kit and widebody front fenders. The damage was done to the front passenger side of the bumper but I also noticed that my passenger widebody fender is cracked as well. My GF took pics of it and I have several witnesses. We're going to be doing this through the insurance companies we have but what do I need in order for the other ins. co. to get me cash for my parts? I don't have any receipts for the parts since I got them from other members here on zilvia so should I just go for getting the cash value of an oem fender and bumper or what? Any advice would greatly help. Thanks again!

Pics:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/silver240esex/backup1.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/silver240esex/backup2.jpg

theicecreamdan
05-02-2007, 02:00 AM
spend like $10 on materials and just repair it yourself. IMO its not worth the hassle to go through insurance for something minor like that.

S13SilviaGirl
05-02-2007, 02:32 AM
Settle out of court
It will be cheaper for him in the long run...

His premiums will go up and he has a claim on his record. Settling with you and not the insurance companies with help him out.

Unholy S14
05-02-2007, 05:30 AM
"NOW WHAT?"

time to bring the shotguns out.

jk, that doesnt look bad at all.

easy fix

azndoc
05-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Settle it out of court S13SilviaGirl said. Then fix the damage yourself and with the rest of the money you get.

Get a paint job
Buy yourself something
Buy your car something

Either way it's a win win situation.

pbcstylez
05-02-2007, 04:58 PM
u valet'd that?... im sorry not to offend, anyways the guy will be a fool not to settle out of court, your stuff is not even painted thus to replace would be less than your deductible

OptionZero
05-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Don't forget to fake a neck injury and claim that you are worth $100,000,000

ixfxi
05-02-2007, 06:17 PM
tell management.

fiberglass.. fuckin hate that shitty material. either way, repair it and be done with. i mean, why make a big stink - your car doesnt have turn signals (unless its the lower ones) and its not even fuckin painted.

seriously, 20 bucks should make you feel better.. shouldnt it? hehe

koukimonster139
05-02-2007, 07:03 PM
My car was valet parked and the guy backed out from the take-out parking stalls.

ahahaa i guess you got took out OH OH!!!

xcusememisswyn
05-02-2007, 07:11 PM
the restaurant should have insurance for that..

Irukandji
05-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. Don't be a dick, everyone makes mistakes. Your knockoff aero is so cheap as it is... just repair + respray.
I'm sure the guy would be willing to give you some cash under the table if it goes unreported.

Skullavera
05-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Well to all who have replied, I don't mean to be a dick with this guy at all but the fact is that he was the one who wanted to go through the insurance aside from the fact that he was a little drunk when it happened. He also asked me if my car was stolen so I told him that I'd gladly call the police and have them verify that I was the owner of my car. Of course he didn't want that because the cops would have gotten him for D.U.I. I know it doesn't take much to repair the damage but since he didn't want to settle out of court I guess I'll be getting some cash my way from his insurance and finally get my damn car painted lol.

rainier
05-02-2007, 08:14 PM
the valet service has insurance for these types of things. you gave them your car, and they didnt return it the way you gave it to them which makes them liable. i used to work for a valet and i know how most of them run. they didnt claim they were at fault because they arent supposed to until you bring it up.

i say get money from that guy and the valet! . but that would be very unmoral of you if you did.......

xcusememisswyn
05-02-2007, 08:24 PM
too late now prolly... but its worth a try

never ever handle things without the police, especially when you are not at fault... still trying to get the cake for the time i did that, even with the police now involved