PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Canada Friends!

hayaimoto
05-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Hey folks, Im planning on checking out the "drift" industry in Canada (if there is one). I wanted to get some help and advice from anyone that is familiar with Canada's motorsports industry. The company I work for is thinking about expanding and providing to the Canadian market as well so I was asked to investigate the idea!

Any guidance of tracks...spots...etc to check out would be great. Im planning on bringing a 2 cars up there just to peek the scene this summer. So hopefully I get to meet some of you guys that live north of us!

-Thanks in advance! :)

PS: we're bringing x2 jspec s13's up there with both cars making over 400WHP!

A Spec Products
05-02-2007, 01:24 AM
Wow, this is a first.

I never knew people WANTED to make friends with Canadians.

I thought that's what the border was for.

LOL

I'M JUST KIDDING!!!

But on a serious note, I think I remember seeing a group in Canada with an R34 and some other really done up cars....in some web video...unfortunately the name escapes me

I think regional might get you more feedback

hayaimoto
05-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the words Logan, Ive been checking out the regional forums but it doesnt seem to have much going on, so I thought I might put something in here...I know of some guys from Canada that do alot of toyota's but I think they were somewhere in BFE =X

Any help would be great from anyone! Bust it up Canada!

mRclARK1
05-02-2007, 11:35 AM
As far as cities/areas, I would say you'll want to check out areas like Calgary and Vancouver in the west, and Toronto and Montreal in the east. I know there have been, and are, events in those areas.

nismoman91
05-02-2007, 11:58 AM
try asking some questions at www.jdmoc.com

-=RS13=-
05-02-2007, 12:06 PM
It all depends on what part of canada your comming to

Out west (BC, Alberta, Sask) check out www.driftwest.ca. Its growing alot but this is only the third year or organized stuff out here. Basicly there is VDS and Cell-block D events in BC, D-sport events in alberta and one in BC. And edmonton and calgary also have bi-weekly practises

I have no idea out east.

And thanks logan,

Gaelen
05-02-2007, 12:39 PM
it really all depends what part fo canada your coming to as he said if its the west check out driftwest.ca

mRclARK1
05-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Maybe I should check out some of the Canadian forums. I've never even heard of driftwest.ca till now.

Yeah, it really does depend on what part of the country you're coming to.

Ninjabread
05-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Few useful forums are...

http://vancouver240sx.com/ Big Van. scene

http://forums.son240sx.ca/ Most of the toronto guys.

Come down to St-Eustache in Quebec, I'd visit!

azndoc
05-02-2007, 01:08 PM
check out www.northwestnissans.com also, there's alot of canada ppl in that forum.

Phlip
05-02-2007, 04:18 PM
We have a regional section for Canada as well