Both of those are sad.

Makes ya think.

Unholy S14
05-01-2007, 04:33 PM
thats why I posted it.

speeding is baaadd

C. Senor
05-01-2007, 08:27 PM
holy crap that second got me. that sucks, the worst thing is that more than likely really has happened somewhere. theres a story on myspace about speeding too. its sad, same basis as commercials.
heres a link if you feel like reading it.

http://bulletin.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&messageID=3389919298&MyToken=79ff6fa5-fa4e-4f56-abbf-e348adf41541

xblack240x
05-01-2007, 10:02 PM
A close friend of my girlfriend died in a car accident and he didn't only take his own life, he took his girlfriend's as well... He was speeding in his civic and when someone popped out in front of him he swerved and the car got sideways then flipped... A little off topic but this vids made me remember that... Don't speed, unless you're on a track and know what you're doing...

Akiros
05-01-2007, 10:03 PM
is it bad that I thought about FWD/VTEC/RICER/OMG MY FUCKIN SWEET CELICA jokes instead of being compassionate and serious? I mean, I dont condone street racing, I just think I might have lost my soul along the way.

RJayS.
05-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Both really get to you. Def makes you think.

AbsoluteZero
05-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Both of those vids make you think. Anything can happen while you are driving. Speeding is most def not a good thing to do. I think I have seen the bulletin on myspace floating around of the girl that was driving on the toll road and flipped her convertible bimmer. not pretty =/

tiresmokes13
05-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Really sad......

SiI40sx
05-02-2007, 03:47 AM
It happens. Dmv doesnt do a good job issuing licenses, it happens all the damn time, get over it, and make sure you do your best to avoid it.

santacruisin
05-02-2007, 12:13 PM
I will agree that speed kills and that we should all drive safely but both of those videos were sensationalist BS.

First Video:
Who the hell has a romantic moment with their SO on the side of a busy goddamn road? you would have to be very dumb to hang out there with your back to traffic. maybe Irish are different and less aware but I thought that was just stupid in the first place. Second of all, that girl just sat there and watched it all happen right in front of her? BS! you see a car flipping towards you then you yell and get the f out of the way! all she had to do was fall back, c'mon!!

Second video:
That dude would have had to freakin PLOW into the first car to cause it to move enough to run someone over and kill them. I have been hit HARD from behind while I had the brakes on and there is no way that I would have been moved up enough to kill someone unless they were already underneath my car. I have also been a pedestrian walking in front a of a car that suddenly darts into me. I ended up on the hood, not bleeding, face down on the crosswalk. seriously for that to happen the negligent driver would have had his airbags deploy, smashed the front end and/or the person in front would have had their foot off the brake.

Like I said, I agree we should all be safe and not take chances out there but these two videos were just there to fuel our paranoia. BS. Even if these videos were inspired by true events they were probably only that, "inspired."

Evil240
05-02-2007, 02:19 PM
I will agree that speed kills and that we should all drive safely but both of those videos were sensationalist BS.

First Video:
Who the hell has a romantic moment with their SO on the side of a busy goddamn road?

Second video:
That dude would have had to freakin PLOW into the first car to cause it to move enough to run someone over and kill them. I have been hit HARD from behind while I had the brakes on and there is no way that I would have been moved up enough to kill someone unless they were already underneath my car.

first video:
eh... romance can be anywhere and any time. younge people in love stop at all sorts of odd times to be.. heck in love.. hahaha. and as far as getting away... slow motion probally effected it.. but we've all seen real videos of people who just didnt get the chance. most batters cant even dodge a 80mph baseball the size of a... well baseball, let alone a flying car.

second video:
inertia... the force of the vehicle traveling and hiting the vehicle infront of it, will then get transferred to the object infront of it. even if the hit vehicle moved 2 feet .. the sheer force of impact to the lady would have been tremendous. in reality, she probally should have been bumped away from the vehicle and not been under it.

but yes.. speed skills... keep all the speedracer skills on the track

mrs.drift33
05-04-2007, 09:42 PM
the movies are so sad!!!!