PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a good IS300 forum

Baka Sama
04-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Ive searched but could not find any great ones. Ive tried...
http://www.clublexus.com
us.lexusownersclub.com/
club.lextasy.com
my.is/forums/

Anyone know of a better ones?
-Thanks

theicecreamdan
04-30-2007, 10:40 AM
When you want to spy for the Russians you don't ask the front desk at the US embassy who you should talk to.

Baka Sama
04-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Toyota is the enemy? Feels kind of silly to register on these sites just to ask them where is a better one.

Demik
04-30-2007, 11:48 AM
clublexus and myis are my favs

Avante
04-30-2007, 12:01 PM
clublexus and myis are my favs

lexus forums are for squares.

cool people post about lexus on nissan forums.

try nico, they love it.

:coolugh:

240trainee
04-30-2007, 12:16 PM
When you want to spy for the Russians you don't ask the front desk at the US embassy who you should talk to.

hahahah, awesome.

street240
04-30-2007, 09:09 PM
myis is where its at. They have a great "for sale" forum.

ixfxi
05-01-2007, 12:08 AM
lexus forums blow, theres rarely any good info on there. they're always doing homo upgrades, like wood interior and leather upgrades.

Demik
05-01-2007, 01:23 AM
lexus forums blow, theres rarely any good info on there. they're always doing homo upgrades, like wood interior and leather upgrades.

ouch..maybe u should check out the IS sections.
i learned alot from myis and clublexus
i dont think i did any homo mods
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/epidemiksx/dxhcbcfgbfcgb.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/epidemiksx/gbcgngn.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/epidemiksx/Picture421.jpg

street240
05-01-2007, 01:26 AM
There are a lot more homo mods over there than over here. But most dont buy an is for serious performance.

McRussellPants
05-01-2007, 02:35 AM
Yeah

any forum for cars above 30K totally sucks

they're all about which option package who got and how much their aspen white looks like who elses aspen white car but he has mud flaps so their obviously different cars.

try asking how to get a 6spd into a GS300. dudes will shit their pants.

Baka Sama
05-01-2007, 12:41 PM
epidemiksx, I want your car. Seriously.

I think My.Is is the best I've seen so far. The only thing I dont like is the snobbish attitude of the users. ie,

dam...i definately need to sell my IS soon because the "fast and the furious" kids can already afford them and soon well be seeing them with neons and apc wings...:shudders:
It's been like that for a while, but it'll only get worse. This is why my next car will be, dare I say it...
E92 M3, unless Lexus learns what a six speed manual transmission is.

My next car will most certainly be a Is300, and I dont plan on spending more than 14k. Zilvian low ballers 4 lyfe. lol

Time for some big boy toys.

Demik
05-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Time for some big boy toys.

weerrrrddddddddddd:hsdance:

pRaHjeC
05-02-2007, 04:13 PM
lexuses are what's in store for all of you guys. like myself and epidemiksx, when you realize that too many kids are getting into 240's, you'll grow out of it and realize you need a car for the future. do you want a camry? no. so get a lexus for when you have a family. extra room = good.

ixfxi
05-02-2007, 06:25 PM
ouch..maybe u should check out the IS sections.
i learned alot from myis and clublexus
i dont think i did any homo mods

sigh..............

i love it when people post their cars to show their manhood - as if i didnt know what a lexus is250/350 looks like. nice lease, or rather than rent - did you decide to finance your overpriced paperweight?

i can see that it has wheels and brakes, nice taste.. expensive taste too. i can also see that your car is fully backed by the factory performance warranty, right?

i mean honestly, how much work HAVE you done to your car? besides the exterior basics, is it turbo? will it ever be?

i'm not trying to shit on your parade, i think your car is nice. but i also well aware as to what type of owners are on that forum, and how limited their knowledge is of their own vehicles.

for one, *most* lexus owners chose to keep their cars under warranty. this means their engines are next to bone stock, besides the basic intake and exhaust which i dont consider special nor do they significantly increase power output. the other thing i know, is that the factory ECU's nowadays are extremely complex and limited as to how much fun they are in the "mod factor."

dont disconnect your charcoal canister or leave your gas cap unplugged, you'll get a check engine light.

ixfxi
05-02-2007, 06:29 PM
lexuses are what's in store for all of you guys. like myself and epidemiksx, when you realize that too many kids are getting into 240's, you'll grow out of it and realize you need a car for the future. do you want a camry? no. so get a lexus for when you have a family. extra room = good.

what a pathetic quote.

you dont sell your 240 because too many people are getting into it, you sell it because you're fucking tired of having an old piece of junk - UNLESS you take care of it. who cares what everyone else has. all the 240s i see nowadays are built like SHIT.

as for getting a lexus, or any other 4 door for that matter.. go home and be a family man

Baka Sama
05-02-2007, 08:43 PM
cheer up ixfxi :wiggle:
One day your dream will come true and you will be banned from Zilvia. But that day isnt today and this isnt the thread.

I make enough money to get a new car and this time around I wanna treat myself to something nice. Not to bad of a car the IS300 is. No track warrior at 3300lbs but I dont dont track much/anymore so Im good. I guess its time to go home and be a family man lol.

SimpleSexy180
05-02-2007, 09:02 PM
yeaaaaaah. they're newer cars..wtf do u expect to do with them?

oh yeah, make it look sexy.

theicecreamdan
05-02-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm glad an internet forum taught you how to install wheels and brakes. mr Epidemiksx. I'll go out and buy my car for the future tomorrow.

edit: actually I googled future car, and this is the first picture I found. Is this the next IS?

http://3danimation.e-spaces.com/3danimation/future-car-concept.jpg

fromxtor
05-02-2007, 09:20 PM

First off +1 to ifixi, secondly are you guys serious? "I've got a family now so I need to buy an overpriced re-badged toyota." I've got a wife and a daughter, still got the 240 in all it's 2 seated glory,BUT I DD a '04 Titan SE crew Cab I paid 20k for w/ 11k miles on it, this past Oct. Sorry but I'm not taking food out of my family's mouth as an excuse to be able to say I own a lex.

P.S. I've always liked the looks of the IS, but Lexus dealers are a bit proud of those cars for what your getting.

xcusememisswyn
05-02-2007, 09:33 PM
I'll drive my 240 till the day either it, I, or we die
families are for bitches...

Okay... not really, but they are no excuse either

ixfxi
05-02-2007, 09:55 PM
cheer up ixfxi :wiggle:
One day your dream will come true and you will be banned from Zilvia. But that day isnt today and this isnt the thread.

I make enough money to get a new car and this time around I wanna treat myself to something nice. Not to bad of a car the IS300 is. No track warrior at 3300lbs but I dont dont track much/anymore so Im good. I guess its time to go home and be a family man lol.

IS300 is not a new car, the IS250/350 is a new car.

In the market for a 4dr RWD car myself, IS300 fits the bill. Current downside is the bullshit USED pricetag of easily over 10k for a Toyota Corolla AE86err.. I mean LEXUS IS300! That, plus the fenders dont fit wide wheels and the shitty over-head intake manifold. Besides all that though, I like the car and will snatch one up when the time is right.

Its crazy how many people think a car makes you a special person. Every time pissing contests get started online, people love to post pics of "how badassed" their cars are, or how much shit they own. The materialistic mentality of folks in the US makes me sick from time to time. Makes me wonder BakaSama, you gonna fly to Europe and bang that chick you posted a few weeks back? Fuck an IS, spend some money and go get laid.. European bitches do it best.

exitspeed
05-03-2007, 07:38 AM
IS300 is not a new car, the IS250/350 is a new car.

In the market for a 4dr RWD car myself, IS300 fits the bill. Current downside is the bullshit USED pricetag of easily over 10k for a Toyota Corolla AE86err.. I mean LEXUS IS300! That, plus the fenders dont fit wide wheels and the shitty over-head intake manifold. Besides all that though, I like the car and will snatch one up when the time is right.

I've been thinking of and IS lately. I was hoping to be able to run some big ass wheels though. Sounds like 17X9 +15's are gonna work.

The prices are a little high too.

EDacIouSX
05-03-2007, 10:23 AM

that's funny, bunch of homos! speaking of which

this comment was just so
http://www.blitz-world.net/web/2002/052002/pix/gay-2.jpg
:ghey:

Baka Sama
05-03-2007, 10:51 AM
fromxtor, I think the money you spent on buying two cars would be taking more food out of your kids mouth than just buying one lexus. I mean the titan alone cost more than a used Is300. But to each his own. One car is enough for me being under 25 and insurance already kicking my ass.

ixfxi, I agree with you on it being over priced but i've noticed a drop in price recently to about 12-14k for used, under 100k mile models. True thats money that could be spent on other things but people in the US spend a good amount of time in their cars. Might as well get something you like driving as long as your getting it for yourself and not to show off.

Oh and to answer your question no im not gonna fly to Europe just to get laid. Thats too much money spent on something that could be done right here in my own city if that was my mindset. When I have some time to go on vacation though I will be traveling to Europe and staying with my friend for free ninety-nine. :)

cdlong
05-03-2007, 04:34 PM
try asking how to get a 6spd into a GS300. dudes will shit their pants.

you're not kidding.
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=168548

ixfxi
05-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Oh and to answer your question no im not gonna fly to Europe just to get laid. Thats too much money spent on something that could be done right here in my own city if that was my mindset. When I have some time to go on vacation though I will be traveling to Europe and staying with my friend for free ninety-nine. :)

buying an IS300 = yeah, very special.. its a common car, actually its an OLD car here in LA. dont get me wrong, i like it, but its far from special.

getting european poonanny, expanding your mind and enjoying REAL culture = priceless.

serious, europe has a lot more to offer than the US.. especially when it comes to females. lucky you arent here in the westcost, because we have the abso-fucking-WORST women in the west. atleast east coast girls are more down to earth. especially LA girls, they're horrible.

RiversideS13
05-04-2007, 02:48 AM
i love my IS300 but i am not too happy with the 22 hwy mpg and expensive insurance.

if it were 6 speed, i would love it more