PDA

View Full Version : speed kills

eastcoastS14
04-28-2007, 04:28 PM
woke up this morning to my room mate on the phone. He got off and let me know that a friend of ours, a freshman girl in my school, had died last night in a car accident. I thought he was just being an asshole and joking aroud but it was true. She went home for the weekend and went out with a few friends. The girl who was driving the car came around a corner on a wet road hit the gas, sped up and spun out. They ended up hitting a brick building and my friend was pronounced dead at the scene. The girl in the back is being treated for serious injuries and the driver got away with minor injuries. It really is a sad situation, the girl was the nicest girl you can imagine and now shes gone. So sad because she was only 19 and with just one more week of school left. Who knows what she could have become or achieved in her life, her friends and family will never even get to say goodbye. I saw her thursday night and I honestly wish i could known this was coming somehow just so i could have said some words for her to carry with her. Accidents like this really make you think. I hope by sharing this story you all see what I do, that her death could have been avoided. These stories should make us rethink speeding and street racing because they remind us that we are not invincible and we can have everything ripped away from us in an instant. There is no reason that a 19 year old girl should lose her life because a friend has a heavy foot. I dont know the driver but I can only imagine whats going through her head. She has to live with this for the rest of her life....living with the "what if's" and wishing she could go back in time. I hope this story also helps you realize how short life is and how we never know when our time is up, so dont sweat the small stuff, forget the fight you and your girlfriend had tell your family you love them cause you never know what tomorrow brings

just in case anyone is interested here is the story:
http://www.eagletribune.com/punews/local_story_118014828.html

thank you for letting me vent

ixfxi
04-28-2007, 04:32 PM
thank you for letting me vent

Our condolences to you and her family.

wootwoot
04-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I dont really understand how a Jetta could spin from a heavy foot though....Was she not wearing a seatbelt as well?

lame lame lame

as I always say and one of my favorite people who use to be of this world says, "so it goes"

mRclARK1
04-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Wow... that's tough. Thanks for sharing dude. :bow:

Yeah, you never forget the last time you see someone before they pass away... no matter how they met there end, it just really leaves you thinking.

Condolences to you and her family... RIP

ThatGuy
04-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Sorry to hear. :(

azndoc
04-28-2007, 04:48 PM
condolences to you and her family.

Like the OP said life is short and not worth spending the majority of the time worry about the little stuff.

It really pisses me off majority of the time involving accddents due the the drivers own fault. the drivers walk away fine and it's everyone else's life that gets affected. **sigh**

eastcoastS14
04-28-2007, 05:00 PM
thanks guys.... I dont know how to react because its almost surreal it doesnt seem true, its very sad but I feel almost like "oh ill see her again" since her death was so out of the blue its almost like it didnt really happen

qwikspool
04-28-2007, 05:48 PM
condolences. sorry to hear about that.

s13speeddrft
04-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Hey man,
Sorry to hear about that. I don't even know what that would feel like, so my thoughts are with you.

ixfxi
04-28-2007, 06:16 PM
I dont really understand how a Jetta could spin from a heavy foot though....Was she not wearing a seatbelt as well?

FWD cars dont always understeer, the back end can always come out, especially if the person is quick with the wheel and overcorrects. I've seen a few of my friends mismanage their FWD cars into spins or slides by accident.

Assuming the passenger was wearing a seatbelt, heavy impact on the pass door can be pretty serious stuff...

C. Senor
04-28-2007, 06:19 PM
it always sucks when "nice" people have to suffer from someone's mistake. i extend my condolences to everyone involved.

xblack240x
04-28-2007, 07:22 PM
As everyone said, it sucks when the driver walks away and the others are the ones effected... My condolences to all involved and effected

s13gold
04-28-2007, 07:40 PM
my thoughts go out to the victims and their families

S13SilviaGirl
04-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Wow, that is so sad. I agree with everyone else, it sucks when innocent people have to pay for others mistakes.

Unholy S14
04-28-2007, 08:51 PM
rip............

wootwoot
04-28-2007, 09:25 PM
FWD cars dont always understeer, the back end can always come out, especially if the person is quick with the wheel and overcorrects. I've seen a few of my friends mismanage their FWD cars into spins or slides by accident.

Assuming the passenger was wearing a seatbelt, heavy impact on the pass door can be pretty serious stuff...

Sorry to be arguing driving dynamics, but getting into the gas puts weight to the rear in a car causing understeer especially in FWD. Not talking about sliding on purpose here.

What I envision as happening which is stupid for me to even be talking is going over the crest to the downhill which unloads the front causing understeer/slide, slamming the brakes causing the rear end to come loose and then spin around on it.

again, sorry to be talking about it in such a manner. I feel it is un-appropriate to a degree but I guess its best to try and understand what happened...

so it goes.

and please, give the girl who caused the accident a break. She needs no punishment at all. She just accidently killed one of her friends and critically injured another. She needs no damnation. If for say she was intoxicated in anyway then she deserves much worse but for a pure accident, please.

America needs much better driver training.

!Zar!
04-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Speed doesn't kill, stupidity does.

America is lenient on who can get a license. If they toughened up and started to crack down, on kids as well as the elderly, then we can lower the chances of hearing a sad story like the one posted above.

wootwoot
04-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Speed doesn't kill, stupidity does.

America is lenient on who can get a license. If they toughened up and started to crack down, on kids as well as the elderly, then we can lower the chances of hearing a sad story like the one posted above.

thats more ignorance then stupidity.. Stupid of the legislatures, the people dont know better which is just ignoreance.

I want a drivers license requirement similar to Germany where it costs thousands of dollars and takes months. Driver training in America is a joke. We need to do the thing Germany does and then a high performance driving class like the Bondurant schools where they put them on the skid pad that makes them spin and such to learn control. Bah! I want cell phones illegal for driving too, handless to boot.

speed_racerx
04-28-2007, 09:54 PM
^^^ i second that. so sad...

!Zar!
04-28-2007, 10:18 PM
thats more ignorance then stupidity.. Stupid of the legislatures, the people dont know better which is just ignoreance.

I want a drivers license requirement similar to Germany where it costs thousands of dollars and takes months. Driver training in America is a joke. We need to do the thing Germany does and then a high performance driving class like the Bondurant schools where they put them on the skid pad that makes them spin and such to learn control. Bah! I want cell phones illegal for driving too, handless to boot.

That's where I was getting at. I had Germany's laws in mind when I was doing that.

But most American's aren't up to par. It would be quite hard to change something like that now a days.

Especially when the people who would have to put that law into effect couldn't pass the laws themselves.

street240
04-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Thats very sad. I pass the article on.

Skullavera
04-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend bro. I know what you mean about it feeling like it didn't even happen. That feeling of it only being a dream. It's something we hear about every so often but never think it will happen to someone we know until it does. My thoughts and prayers are with the victim's family and friends.

DreamDriveDrift
04-29-2007, 03:17 PM
That's where I was getting at. I had Germany's laws in mind when I was doing that.

But most American's aren't up to par. It would be quite hard to change something like that now a days.

Especially when the people who would have to put that law into effect couldn't pass the laws themselves.

+1 Almost anybody can get a license today...some people either aren't trained well enough to drive or are not physically capable to drive.

RIP, my teacher's son died that way too :-/

Farzam
04-29-2007, 10:35 PM
RIP, my condolences to all effected.

EvilRB
04-29-2007, 11:39 PM
My condolences, I lost a friend in a similar way in 2002 I'm still kinda in shock till this day. What helped us was we just made sure he had the best funeral that we could give him and that anyone of us would be proud to leave this world with.

HerbReal
04-29-2007, 11:50 PM
My prayers goes to her and her family.

Herb