PDA

View Full Version : de la hoya vs. mayweather

loosesocksdiff
04-28-2007, 09:39 AM
who do you guys think is going win the fight? Me I like mayweather to win by a knockout. But it will be great fight between these two.

qwikspool
04-28-2007, 09:44 AM
+1 for mayweather.

S13SilviaGirl
04-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Can't lie, I am a DeLahoya fan.

IIIXziuR
04-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Mayweather seems like he likes to talk alot of junk.
I kind of would like Oscar to win, but I dont know if he still has what it takes.

PBucch
04-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Mayweather can talk shit all he wants, cause hes the best there will ever be.

Is anyone watchign the show on HBO? the first episode is so god damn great!

"ill be the bad guy, fuck it."

"me and 50 cent get along because real recognize real, and I am as real as it gets, steak and potatoes for life!"

s13gold
04-28-2007, 01:00 PM
oscar de la hoya....

azndoc
04-28-2007, 01:15 PM
+1 for de la hoya, why because I probably will have my money on him.

C. Senor
04-28-2007, 01:22 PM
de la hoya. i think he's going to step it up this fight.

ni$$an_2fortysx
04-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Oscar is gonna kill him, look Mayweather is quick but oscar is gonna wear him out, everyone knows whats gonna happen after Mayweather gets tired. OSCAR IS GONNA TAKE IT.

dat*niz
04-28-2007, 01:31 PM
oscar is a great fighter,but maywether is fukin fast...and he will k.o oscar

IIIXziuR
04-28-2007, 02:08 PM
I just want Mayweather to shut the F up. He dosen't even make sense half the time he speaks. But yes he is fast as hell. I just hope its a good fight.

Kaizen.
04-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Mayweathers going to knock DeLaHoya out in Round 5

PBucch
04-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Oscar is gonna kill him, look Mayweather is quick but oscar is gonna wear him out, everyone knows whats gonna happen after Mayweather gets tired. OSCAR IS GONNA TAKE IT.

hahahhaah please bro! goto youtube and search for Mayweather training videos, he works harder than any man on the planet.

fuck it I dont trust you, so ill just link you to the videos:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HT8BnJhiEbY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xhE6MkaIzaI

suck it.

kandyflip445
04-28-2007, 03:52 PM
+1 Mayweather

I haven't liked De La Hoya ever since one of his fights with Trinidad. De La Hoya got his ass handed to him and the dumb judges scored in favor of him.

Fuck De La Hoya.

eastcoastS14
04-28-2007, 04:07 PM

ha mayweather works out about 4 times a day doubt he'll get tired and boxing is all hes known since he was a kid and his dad is his trainer and used to be de la hoya's trainer...so im bettin mayweather

Unholy S14
04-28-2007, 08:27 PM
I hope Oscar wins

Mayweather is a dick

Skullavera
04-28-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm going for Mayweather. Sure he talks shit but hey, it gets ratings doesn't it?

mayco_86
04-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Oscar de la Hoya all the way.

Kyosuke
04-29-2007, 02:20 PM
is it just me or does mayweather just run around the ring like a clown ? throws a couple of punches and runs away :/

A Spec Products
04-29-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm not into boxing

But there will be guacamole, chips and C-ronas

So its gonna be a fun time

Mayweather all the way

oscars13
04-29-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm going for De la Hoya, pretty boy does not have enough power to knock oscar out.

oscar may be old, but he still has that left hook:]

adrians_s13
04-29-2007, 04:25 PM
I've seen Mayweather fight... and man.. that guy is vicious...
He talks a lot of shit, well... cuz his history backs it up... but then again.... I think he talks too much shit...
he even talks shit about the Chuck Liddell!!! WTF??

I want De La Hoya to kick is ass....

then I want Chuck Liddell to kick his ass right after

ALTRNTV
04-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Mayweather in the 5th round.

ZenkitonS14
04-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Mayweather FOR SURE

chr0nik_sm0k3
04-30-2007, 12:26 AM
+1 Mayweather

I haven't liked De La Hoya ever since one of his fights with Trinidad. De La Hoya got his ass handed to him and the dumb judges scored in favor of him.

Fuck De La Hoya.

de la hoya fucked trinidad up what were you smoking. he had the fight won but decided to run around like a bitch and lost cuz of that.

91CRXsiR
04-30-2007, 12:27 AM
who do you guys think is going win the fight? Me I like mayweather to win by a knockout. But it will be great fight between these two.

de la hoya for the win... knock out

if by some slim chance mayweather wins it will be by decesion.

TheS13kid
05-01-2007, 12:49 AM
The Golden Boy!!!

ManoNegra
05-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Don't like either fiighter.
Always thought Oscar played the Mexican/Latino card too much when the dude grew up a pocho and became Latino once it was convenient for his boxing career. But, I'm not going to front - dude can box.
Mayweather is just a ghetto ass ignorant fool - doesn't make sense half the time he speaks, thinks he's a pimp and does dumb shit in front of his young son - gambling, cussing, etc.
From a boxing standpoint I think Mayweather maybe the better fighter... but... he's going up in weight to fight at Oscar's classs. That could affect his stamina and speed - his two greatest assets as a boxer.
Oscar in 8.

BOROSUN
05-01-2007, 01:06 PM
this the year of the underdog, i have to go with de la hoya.

'90RPS13
05-01-2007, 11:10 PM
After watching the HBO thing, Fuck Mayweather. I dont like shit talkers. I could careless if the fruit can back it up or not. I have respect for Del Hoya and always will. +1 for Oscar. This quite dude is going to rock that fuckstick.

TOMKAIRA93
05-01-2007, 11:47 PM
I hate cocky ass, shit talking fools, so I'm going with the Golden Boy!

Mayweather should quit his jibir-jabar...

Kyosuke
05-02-2007, 09:58 AM
man i cant wait ! almost here and then spiderman 3 comes out friday to kill time till saturday !?!!!! :D

santacruisin
05-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Don't like either fiighter.
Always thought Oscar played the Mexican/Latino card too much when the dude grew up a pocho and became Latino once it was convenient for his boxing career. But, I'm not going to front - dude can box.
Mayweather is just a ghetto ass ignorant fool - doesn't make sense half the time he speaks, thinks he's a pimp and does dumb shit in front of his young son - gambling, cussing, etc.

LOL at the "pocho" comment! I bet you were pissed when Rojas ended up getting his ass handed to him after claiming that he was gonna take the title back por la Raza!!.

Truth be told I am sure De La Hoya does a lot of behind the scenes stuff to help the community. He has a ton of money for charities. De La Hoya don't need to prove shit and I hope he KO's Maryweather before he becomes the next Tyson/Psycho.

But that was funny :D

ManoNegra
05-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate De La Hoya nor am I a hardcore Latino/boxing fan. Just bugged me the way that he played up his 'Latinoness' when he was starting to get popular. Dude didn't even speak Spanish properly and tried to be in Latin soaps and even sing Rancheras in full Charro outfit - wack. He is too good a fighter to need those gimmicks.

Yeah, the HBO series was a good way to hype up the fight.

My buddies site:

Fight Report.net (http://www.fightreport.net/)

He's got a short vid of the weigh in. Oscar looks ready. Can't wait.

street240
05-04-2007, 08:41 PM
I was watching the 24/7 on the fighters and De La Hoya looks like he wants it more. i am going to give this one to him...

JDMS1lv1a
05-04-2007, 10:20 PM
speed and accuracy....DeLaHoya!

street240
05-04-2007, 11:39 PM
He just has that look, like he knows if he looses, he's done... not to take anything away from his previous wins. But he wants it...

Flipzide
05-05-2007, 11:05 AM
de la hoya all the way. mayweather is gonna be running his butt around the ring all night.

TheTimanator
05-05-2007, 11:56 AM
de la hoya FTW!
glad I saw this thread....forgot the fight was tonight. It is tonight isn't it? :x:

loosesocksdiff
05-05-2007, 01:56 PM
de la hoya FTW!
glad I saw this thread....forgot the fight was tonight. It is tonight isn't it? :x:

yes, its tonight

innovation
05-05-2007, 06:32 PM
I don't post much, but I thought it necessary here. I am a die-hard boxing fan and I am also hispanic ( it's basically in my blood to like boxing) Anyways, Lets look at the facts shall we.
These two fighters are NOT brawlers, they are boxers and in that sense it will not be a brawl. The first round will be basically them feeling each other out and trying to set up a rhythm. I predict it go the distance since these two aren't going to bow down to one another. Look to the cards at the end of the night for the victor

Speed:
PBF(pretty boy floyd) is the obvious winner here. Quick as lightning and slippery as grease, Oscar will be hard pressed to keep up.

Strength:
Oscar

Defense:
Floyd

Size:
Oscar

Experience (Main event fights):
Oscar

Although the general features favor Oscar, his Age is another issue. At 35, he is not in the boxing world a 'young' fighter. Quite possibly out of his prime Oscar is fighting for the staple to his legacy. In Contrast, Floyd is fighting for the recognition he deserves as being THE BEST Pound-For-Pound fighter out there right now. As a result, it looks like it is going to be a GREAT Boxing match.

My personal opinion:
Floyd mayweather destroys Oscar with his speed and defense. The Only way Oscar stands a chance is if he makes it a brawl. You can't outbox a boxing great like floyd. The only thing that will get Floyd is a puncher (Zab Judah early rounds) If Oscar can make it a war, he will win. If not, look for Floyd doing what he does best.

Prediction:

Mayweather 120 - 108

Mayweather will destroy De La Hoya

S14Josh
05-05-2007, 06:54 PM
I would really like Oscar to win, mainly because i cant stand mayweathers attitude. His dad comes into work all the time and every time Jr. is with him, Jr. is a complete dick to everyone.

Unfortunately i think mayweather is gonna take the win. Only because oscar is just too old and will wear out a lot faster then mayweather.

We'll see though, i'll be rooting for oscar.

deadpirate
05-05-2007, 10:46 PM
mayweather PWND!!!!!!!!!!!

street240
05-05-2007, 10:57 PM
It was mayweather all day.

cgtdream
05-05-2007, 11:03 PM
that fight was really not worth the attention it got... oscar should've won...oh yeah if you havent seen it, mayweather won :bigok:
good thing i had no money on it....

street240
05-05-2007, 11:06 PM
It was not worth the money thats for sure...

S13SilviaGirl
05-05-2007, 11:14 PM
I thought it was funny that Mayweather's dad even said it should have been De La Hoya that won. :keke: If they had fought when De La Hoya was 27, I think Mayweather would be slinking off into his corner after he picked his ass up off the mat.

s13poop
05-05-2007, 11:31 PM
either way oscar was an active fighter and mayweather was the patient fighter

in the words of a trainer/ father oscar was considered the winner

but if you wanna take down to points i think it was a draw

sleepy_s13
05-05-2007, 11:34 PM
the fight was very dissapointing. ill give it to mayweather, oscar couldnt touch him.

ka24deturbo
05-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Mayweather is quick but I hate his style (if you want to call it a style) of boxing.

I was thinking draw too but I was rooting for Oscar for the win. If they have a rematch I think Oscar can take him on the cards or k.o. if he just throws that damn left jab!

qwikspool
05-06-2007, 01:23 AM
disappointing it was. oscar was aggresive and mayweather was taking his time. it should of been a draw. i think it was favoritism by the judges.

Vision Garage
05-06-2007, 01:37 AM
still waiting on you tube fight leakage!!

SiI40sx
05-06-2007, 02:04 AM
Yea mayweather was a quick one, but it didnt do anything to recieve the win. I think the fight shouldve been a draw.

Ricks15
05-06-2007, 03:16 AM
The fight was pure bullshit that pussy mayweather didnt even do any damage to oscar at all. Oscar got money in the bank to this fight cuz that wack ass mayweather isnt shit and ill bet you any thing next time if there is a rematch and more than likely there will be one Oscar is going to kill that fucker. I mean come on if mayweathers dumbass dad admited to the HBO guys that It was Oscars fight and that he deserved to win than that sums up who really was the man of the night. Next time payback is a bitch. And whats with that fag 50cent and Floyd wearing the mexican colors WTF????? total disrespect to the mexican american community, Mock all you want but next time there going down:rawk:

WERDdabuilder
05-06-2007, 03:23 AM
soo...

the fight that saved boxing?

buahha. hell no. way hyped. won myself 50$.

loosesocksdiff
05-06-2007, 08:12 AM
Do you guys think there will be a rematch? Or Sugar Shane finally become a man and fight Mayweather? I would like to see Sugar Shane Mosley fight Mayweather

iwishiwas-all*
05-06-2007, 09:18 AM
ummm im fairly sure mayweather wore mexican colors because it was cinco de meyo but dont quote me on that yet

exitspeed
05-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Fight was boring and predictable. I feel bad for boxing. THAT was the fight that was going to save the sport? Well it was nice knowing ya.

I'm glad my friend paid for it and I didn't.

ka24deturbo
05-06-2007, 09:41 AM
disappointing it was. oscar was aggresive and mayweather was taking his time. it should of been a draw. i think it was favoritism by the judges.

Mayweather = Las Vegas

There were 2 Las Vegas Judges

I didn't do any research but if the judge that scored Oscar the winner wasn't one of those Nevada judges then he got jacked.

Pretty boy had slightly swollen eyes and a slightly bloody nose....haha I hated it when he was smiling when Oscar had a flurry, but you know he was smiling cause he was surprised that an older guy like Oscar was able to do that to him.

Did you guys watch the ending when that HBO commentator forgot his name said something about MMA compared to boxing. He said something that seemed to me that he thinks boxing takes more skill than MMA, what an idiot!

Flipzide
05-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Like always, Mayweather just ran his butt around the ring. Some massacre that was, hahaha.

De La Hoya wins in my world :)

Ps. iwishiwas-all*, Mayweather was mocking Oscar with that outfit of his. IMO, it was totally inappropriate even if he is the trash talking type.

S13SilviaGirl
05-06-2007, 09:47 AM
ummm im fairly sure mayweather wore mexican colors because it was cinco de meyo but dont quote me on that yet

They said at the beginning of the fight that Mayweathers dad used to fight with them? Or something along the lines of his father and when he was boxing. I didn't catch it all. But, knowing how cocky that ass was, I wouldn't doubt it if it was to taunt DeLaHoya.

lucky7
05-06-2007, 10:51 AM
i think the scoring was bogus. de la hoya was in control until the last couple rounds. all mayweather did was walk backwards the entire time.

adrians_s13
05-06-2007, 10:54 AM
ugh..... that fight was such a dissapointment... 12 rounds of sparring... wtf?

SimpleSexy180
05-06-2007, 10:56 AM
its called a pay day

xcusememisswyn
05-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Mayweather was definitly wearing the Mexican colors to taunt De La Hoya, did u see the size of that sombrero?

kouki_s14
05-06-2007, 01:36 PM
They said at the beginning of the fight that Mayweathers dad used to fight with them? Or something along the lines of his father and when he was boxing. I didn't catch it all. But, knowing how cocky that ass was, I wouldn't doubt it if it was to taunt DeLaHoya.

Mayweather's dad (Mayweather Senior) trained De La Hoya back in the day for years.

I think if Oscar was in his prime he would have taken Mayweather. I hope there's a rematch.

xcusememisswyn
05-06-2007, 02:59 PM
I think if Oscar had kept jabbing he would have taken him... He won every round he used his jab to push Mayweather to the ropes, but whenever he put it away he was back in the hole again.

UNISA JECS
05-06-2007, 03:09 PM
I don't know what fight you all wear watching but Oscar lost all the way reguardless if he was the aggresser in the fight when he threw his little flurys he was barely connecting at all and not much behind them accept for maybe a hand full connected cleanly, Mayweather was way more accurate and super out scored Oscar and thats why he won, Oscar appeared to be way to tence threw out the whole fight as if he was scared whereas Mayweather was just being his natural self, I htink Oscar stoped throwing teh left for fear Mayweather would tag him more with the right. I think Oscar is a great fighter anyhow but Mayweather won if they rematched I think Oscar would do better.

P.S. Atleast Oscar has a fine ass wife, maybe he can go KO that out after the fight, but I doubt from what his ex old lady told me....lol

Unholy S14
05-06-2007, 05:50 PM

sorry if this was mentioned but mayweather sr used to train oscar for 7 years.

UNISA JECS
05-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Roger Mayweather used to call himself the "Mexican Assassin" and dress in mexican wardrobe sporting a mexican sombrero IIRC.

innovation
05-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Roger Mayweather used to call himself the "Mexican Assassin" and dress in mexican wardrobe sporting a mexican sombrero IIRC.

Until Chavez knocked Roger Mayweather OUT! HAHA

Anyways, to those who thought Oscar won, you clearly weren't watching the fight. Mayweather connected and Oscar threw flurries that DID NOT connect.

Like I said before, this fight wasnt going to be a fight, but much rather a boxers boxing match. They dont go toe to toe because thats not their style. All in all Mayweather destroyed Oscar and the judge who gave Oscar the fight was clearly not watching what the other two and the rest of the world were viewing.

eastcoastS14
05-07-2007, 02:43 AM
^^ yeah i totally agree...anyone watching the fight who thought de la hoya won wast paying attention. Mayweather connected with about 90 more punches than de la hoya....it was by no means a blow out but from a numbers stand point mayweather won and the numbers dont lie. Many of de la hoya's shots missed maywather...and mayweather connected a couple good power shots when de la hoya really didnt...fight was ok any one who was expecting a KO is crazy....mayweather won that fight fair and square no matter how you look at it...de la hoya may have come after him but he missed a lot, while mayweather was quicker on his feet and landed shots where it counted....not worth $50 tho :nono:

ManoNegra
05-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Mayweather may have won but he didn't destroyed De La Hoya like he promised he would.
Backpedaling and countering - a good strategy - isn't considered by anyone 'an ass whooping'.
I personally dont' want to see a rematch and more of the same crap.
All said though, De La Hoya took in a lot more money than Mayweather and came out with hardly a scratch on. I think the real losers here were the boxing fans that bought the hype.

azndoc
05-07-2007, 01:30 PM
The fight was pretty much a disappointment to me. Pretty much it was just 12 rounds of let's waste time and just spar each other. Mayweather didn't destroy Oscar. He did connect way more than Oscar even if Oscar threw more punches than he did. Oscar's punches never mounted up to anything. Everything he had Mayweather up against the ropes he would throw a fury of punches that didn't hurt Mayweather except made him smile. Then he would back off and never attacked Maybweather and took advantage of the situation while having him against the rope. The winner was Mayweather by far, but by no means was that an interesting fight at all. I wanted my money back and I didn't even pay to see it.

eastcoastS14
05-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Id say that these guys were pretty evenly matched and when it came down to it neither one of them wanted to risk taking a real beating...they both fought conservatively. Mayweather was talkin a lot of shit so he couldnt risk getting knocked down or knocked out....not to say that that would have happened anyway, but still he played it pretty safe...de la hoya is retiring and wouldnt want to go out in an embarassing defeat...so they both played it safe, neither onet of them came out looking bad, they both got paid ... end of story

kanagawa_kouki
05-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Mayweather was just too quick for De La Hoya... And Mayweather said he was going to retire? What do you guys think? Shit, if I won against Hoya I would certainly stay in the game! BUTTT I do think they need a rematch hahaha, too close of a match!

swiftdrift
05-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Mayweather was just too quick for De La Hoya...

ya he was real quick runnin away from de la hoya and bitch punching him when he could. imo, both of these guys fought like shit. Rematch FTW!... im still all for De La Hoya, been a fan from the womb to the tomb.