PDA

View Full Version : Street racing... why you don't do it.

mRclARK1
04-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Ok, I literally just got to a computer from what I am about to tell you; so forgive me if I seem a little pissed off... cause I am. I don't have any photos because I didn't take any out of respect for those involved, so you'll have to just listen to my story.

As I was exiting off the freeway, behind a couple other cars, I was suddenly passed on the right (on the shoulder, I was in the FAR right lane) by first a Mazda 6 and then a VW Golf. Both doing at least 90mph. The Mazda came to the end of the exit and tried to make a sharp right at the first intersection. It was a corner I wouldn't attempt in a fully built track car, nevermind a stock ass suspension Mazda. He completely lost control, and went into the ditch. However, two other cars that were forced to avoid him were not so lucky, and collided. It wouldn't have been bad if it ended there... the Golf then plowed into these two vehicles at about 40-50 mph. and did the real damage. I was one of the first people to stop. The sole occupant of one of the vehicles was OK. The guy driving the Golf was just shaken up and a bit bruised and bloody. Same with the Mazda driver. The other car had a young couple in it; the guy was OK, I just thought he had a couple broken ribs the paramedics who arrived soon later confirmed that.

His pregnant wife however was was sent to hospital... to give birth to a 2.5 month premature baby.

Because to useless lowlife pieces of shit decided to stroke there damn egos and race each other (stock or built car beside the point, ALL RACING should be on the track) this young couple and their child will likely be paying for it the rest of their lives.

I know most people on here are responsible about this, but if any of you EVER do, have, or think about street racing. Just remember, often someone else besides you will pay as well.

Thanks for reading guys... and drive safe. :bow:

s13gold
04-25-2007, 09:33 PM
what an idiot...especially with his wife and she's fken pregnant...

horrible judgement.

mRclARK1
04-25-2007, 09:36 PM
^^^ They were NOT involved in the race.

Just to clarify if my OP isn't clear enough. The young couple was in one of the two vehicles that was NOT racing. They collided with another vehicle as a result of avoiding the Mazda, and the Golf hit them after that.

Wahl 136
04-25-2007, 09:39 PM
what an idiot...especially with his wife and she's fken pregnant...

horrible judgement.

Maybe I was reading wrong but one of the innocent cars had the couple in it not the street racers. Very tragic, hopefully it all works out ok for them.

staygold24
04-25-2007, 10:02 PM
that fucking sucks. if you are going to do it, do it at a track. If you dont have a track go to someplace safe.

rainier
04-25-2007, 10:23 PM
boo to street racing.

i was driving saturday night on the freeway and almost hit a car that had its front of the car in the 2nd lane to the left and the rear of the car in the fastest lane to the left. i noticed it was a moddified car. i almost hit em but got out of the way. (crashed in the wrong place since it was a at sharpe left curve.

anyway after i see that car i see like 5 other ricer cars on the side of the road.

for some reason i dont think he crashed just driving normally.

SiI40sx
04-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Pretty fucking stupid, I race on the streets but when I say race I say a quick 2nd to 3rd gear pull. Why would anyone attempt to do a full course race from point a to point b (probably 2 miles in distance) and TRY to take sharp turns at an intersection!? SERIOUSLY where the FUCK is the logic in that!! What the fuck are you trying to do??? I seriously hope both those fuckers dont drive a car again for decades.

staygold24
04-25-2007, 10:36 PM
Pretty fucking stupid, I race on the streets but when I say race I say a quick 2nd to 3rd gear pull. Why would anyone attempt to do a full course race from point a to point b (probably 2 miles in distance) and TRY to take sharp turns at an intersection!? SERIOUSLY where the FUCK is the logic in that!! What the fuck are you trying to do??? I seriously hope both those fuckers dont drive a car again for decades.

quoted for the truth. I had some motherfucker in a crx try and invite me to a fucking circuit race on the streets from one gas station to another in a diff county. Such a tool.

Drift Motion
04-25-2007, 10:40 PM
if you HAVE to race on the street, at least find somewhere where there is no one around with in like 1 mile radius.....
but still, why bother...

the other i was driving on the freeway in the carpool lane, minding my own business, and all of a sudden this asian lady in a lancer passed me on the left...but keep in mind the carpool lane was single laned....i was like WTF?!

'90RPS13
04-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Dude, I hope they get charged with vechicular manslaughter if the baby dies. Fucking stupid assholes. I hope they get taxed for everything they are worth for potentially putting a HUGE strain on that couple. Fuck street racers.

mRclARK1
04-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by: SiI40SX

:werd: I'll admit that I do the same as you, but I rarely do that as well. I have nothing against someone giving it a little gas, and some quick and higher RPM shifts for a little fun. But turning public road ways into a race track... you should lose your lisence for a LONG time, and face criminal charges.

Originally posted by: 90RPS13
Dude, I hope they get charged with vechicular manslaughter if the baby dies. Fucking stupid assholes. I hope they get taxed for everything they are worth for potentially putting a HUGE strain on that couple. Fuck street racers.

I called the hospital to check on them. They wouldn't tell me much; but they told the the womans husband that I had called, and he remembered my name and gave me a call back and it sounds like both baby and mom are expected to be OK. But in any case, the baby is now premature.

It's good that I have a lot of self control and that there were a lot of witnesses around, I was seriously tempted to put both those assholes in a body bag. I'll have to settle for my statement to the cops, which I was pretty blunt with. lol

adrians_s13
04-25-2007, 11:00 PM
thats just horrible...

'90RPS13
04-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Glad to hear everything is doing "ok" with the couple. They will get HEAVY charges.

xblack240x
04-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Stupid street racers... I'm still in high school and I know a few idiots who always invite me to go race them down to their house or something... Stupid... I tell them to go f*** themselves and don't kill anyone but themselves... Then they get mad and take off... I admit, I do have some fun every now and then, pulling 2nd gear or 3rd, but I don't do anything as stupid as these people described in this tragedy... Hopefully the stupid racers never get to drive for the rest of their lives... And to mrclark1, I don't know how you demonstrated so much self control... I know I would have lost it especially after finding out that the women was pregnant...

mRclARK1
04-25-2007, 11:09 PM
They will get HEAVY charges.

I'm in Canada, they're lame here with punishment on this kinda shit, but it is getting better lately. We'll wait and see I guess.
I swear if by chance I recognize one of them behind a wheel in the near future, I'll bust his window, remove the keys, knock him out and lock him out of the car and leave some $$ for the cab and tow truck I'm gonna call. :keke:

SimpleS14
04-25-2007, 11:13 PM
OMG.....that is so terrible and sad. I hate to be negative, but that baby might not survive. :/ Those two reckless drivers will pay heavily for the damages they've caused. I just don't get why the f**k you would drive like that ON THE SHOULDER.

mRclARK1
04-25-2007, 11:22 PM
I did some reading on premature births, and it sounds like any child born 2 months, or more, premature is likely to have serious problems (immature lungs, not enough fat etc.) This baby falls right in there at the roughly 2 month mark, but he told me on the phone that the doctors seemed optimistic about the babies condition, and things looked OK. But it will likely remain in intensive care for a long time. Maybe if I get the chance I'll go pay them a visit and update you guys when I can.

ONYX S-13
04-25-2007, 11:29 PM
the other i was driving on the freeway in the carpool lane, minding my own business, and all of a sudden this asian lady in a lancer passed me on the left...but keep in mind the carpool lane was single laned....i was like WTF?!

Now that's just retarted cause tehy have the whole rest of the freeway to pass you yet they choose the shoulder to potentially show off their "racing" skills.. Wow, I'm glad I've never encountered anything like that.

Maybe if I get the chance I'll go pay them a visit and update you guys when I can.

Good man.. Let us know .

SNC240SX
04-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Storys like this show how stupid people can be.
On the way home from Long Beach Grand Prix i came to traffic that was dead stopped and from behind me a crx racing a motorcycle came by me real fast. The motorcycle went threw the stopped traffic but the Crx who could not cut through traffic managed to spin out and avoided crashing he just scratched a M3 that was by it.

spinitsidewayz
04-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Those fuckers would be dead if i was the father... seriously.

And then theres the issue of people stereotyping other car enthusiests with these lowlifes...

C. Senor
04-25-2007, 11:53 PM
for of all +1 for stopping and getting the couple's number to see if they are ok. there is nothing better than having suport from people to help you pull through tough times. and yes like a couple others on here i will admit that i from time to time race others, i personally do it in a straight line because turing at such speeds, i dont care who you are, is dangerous and stupid. here in riverside i think within a two month time span a disabled woman and a very young kid like 13-14 died from street racing. it just sucks to hear that innocent people have to suffer for some one else's idiot decisions.

mRclARK1
04-25-2007, 11:55 PM
And then theres the issue of people stereotyping other car enthusiests with these lowlifes...

I was kinda thinking when I was stopped that I probably would have been guessed to be most likely guilty of street racing, from the cars that were present. lol... and here I was the first person stopped to help out.

KA-T_240
04-26-2007, 12:04 AM
That is just dumb. I will admit, I screw around on the streets. But I always make sure to go into the middle of who knows where at 3am where there is nobody else around to see, hear, or possibly be affected by it.

People that injure someone street racing should get some nasty fines and punisments.

Irukandji
04-26-2007, 12:07 AM
They'll get what they deserve... let's leave it at that.

ixfxi
04-26-2007, 03:11 AM
i dont want to sound like a jerk (even though most of the time I am), but this isnt an example as why not to street race - this is an example of why people shouldnt be stupid.

if you're going to mess around on the streets, just do it with practicality and SOME form of limitations. too many people get cought up in the hype and adrenaline - thats the type of stupidity and bullshit that gets you into trouble.

i love playing around in the canyons and sometimes on the freeways or streets, i think we all do. but to pull off stupid shit like this and cause injury, is just plain stupid.

anyway, sorry to hear about what happened to the soon to be mom - no one ever wishes for stuff like that to happen.

godzillarb
04-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Sounds a little more like road rage than street racing per se, unless someone knows otherwise it was probably a matter of one car cut the other off and then tried to get away ect. Regardless, the key ingredient here is sheer stupidity... driving considerably faster than other traffic plus making erratic moves can never have a good outcome.

ThatGuy
04-26-2007, 07:10 AM
I wish stupidity were only fatal to the unintelligent individual.

ls180sx
04-26-2007, 07:24 AM
thats awesome of you to get the guys number and follow up on how them and the baby are doing. I don't know a lot of people who would do that with a complete stranger, truly a good guy.

swift_style
04-26-2007, 09:05 AM
Man, that blows. Will, they got what they deserve for being reckless. It's a lesson to be learn by all that street racing is prohibited at all time.

qwikspool
04-26-2007, 09:17 AM
:down: street racing is just stupid. sorry to hear about it. hopefully those two wannabe street racers gets what's coming to them.

ManoNegra
04-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Man, what a sad story. That poor kid will have nothing but problems the rest of his life. What a way to come into the world.

Farzam
04-26-2007, 10:11 AM
The other day we went to get some booze and some REALLY FUCKING PREGNANT BITCH was trying to bum a cigarette and a beer and I just kinda laughed.

Sucks to be that baby.

But yeah if you street raced and fucked up my shit/my friend/my family, I would lay you out executioner style, cut off your hands, beat you, let you bleed for 8 hours, and then wake you up with my friend's guard dogs. By wake up I mean feed you to them.

mRclARK1
04-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by: godzillarb

Sounds a little more like road rage than street racing per se, unless someone knows otherwise it was probably a matter of one car cut the other off and then tried to get away ect. Regardless, the key ingredient here is sheer stupidity... driving considerably faster than other traffic plus making erratic moves can never have a good outcome.

I'm 98% sure they were racing; they seemed to know each other, and the guy driving the Mazda was more concerned about the guy driving the Golf then anyone else. He kept asking the paramedic who was looking at him, when he was still in his car, if he was OK etc... leads me to believe they were friends. Even IF it was a just a little fun between friends, they took it way to far. Passing on the right, on the SHOULDER, at 90+mph is stupid (unless you're talking life or death or a police emergency) no matter how you look at it.

s13silvia123
04-26-2007, 10:56 AM
damn man what more idiots on the streets. this is what happen wen you are careless and dont think taking it to the tracks.

azndoc
04-26-2007, 12:26 PM
That really sucks to hear bad things happening to innocent bystanders when other people are doing stupid acts on the notion that they will never hurt anyone or themselves. If I was the couple I would sue for so much money so that those two people will never be able to afford a car nor car insurance for the rest of their lives.

mRclARK1
04-27-2007, 09:38 PM
UPDATE:
Well I made a quick stop at the hospital this evening to visit them like I said I might. Both of them are OK and on there feet. They had a girl, and she's in intensive care right now. She's only about 4lbs IIRC and her breathing is the main concern, as her lungs were not matured fully and she's on a machine to help her breathe for now. The mother told me that the docs seem very optimistic though, and that she is doing better then usual for a birth like this. Right now it's just a matter of waiting and praying I guess...

As far as the racers (aka shitheads) go, I haven't heard anything yet.

speedstar01
04-27-2007, 11:13 PM
man that is terrible the baby got involved :(

speedstar01
04-27-2007, 11:15 PM
damn :( it just sucks to hear about these jackasses on the road. luckily the idiots and the others involved escaped with their lives and hopefully those two guys learned a valuable lesson...

people need to realize that they are endangering others on the road when they make stupid decisions in their rides :(

Jon Michael
04-28-2007, 12:17 AM
I quit because I had some close calls. I only did it on open roads at like 12-4am. But, after one close call I just realized it wasn't worth it...And, I took the fact that I don't have any tickets and got away as an act of god telling me to STOP. Haven't street raced, or done anything stupid on the road since highschool...so, 4 years.

pignose4life
04-28-2007, 02:58 AM
fuhhhhh thats horrible, either way whats the point of racing on streets you never know what others cars on the road are going to do. thats why i stick to open parking lots late at night =]

EDacIouSX
04-28-2007, 03:13 AM
man fucking people. honestly i hate people who race on the street, my friend does it and i fucking hate it. A little spirited driving is fine when you don't endanger anyone but yourself but when you start racing someone in traffic... give me a fking break. When people do that kind of crap I usually get pretty pissed off. Especially in the night. Usually I just let them pass me and roll up behind them with my high beams. Fuck, I hate street racers.