PDA

View Full Version : what camaros are thinking about us

RJayS.
04-24-2007, 10:37 PM
So long story short i bought a 85 camaro V8 for 300 bucks to drive why i was doing my swap its in decent shape. So anyways i was on a camaro forum because i needed a part. In my searching around the forum i found this post and that is was one of the best things i have seen this week

title:My ss is getting owned by ricers!

Post:I have a 2001 ss with bolt on's. I am getting owned by this black 240sx on a regular basis. He blows me away and then flips me off and tells me he is beating with half the displacement. Is there anything I can do?

kouki_s14
04-24-2007, 10:41 PM
wow that was hard to understand

mrmephistopheles
04-24-2007, 10:45 PM
holy lack of punctuation & capitalization, batman.

-1, would not read again.

RJayS.
04-24-2007, 10:45 PM
yeah my bad got into a rush fixed some of it

kouki_s14
04-24-2007, 10:51 PM
needs a lot more work

even your 2nd post needs some work

mrmephistopheles
04-24-2007, 10:58 PM
yeah my bad got into a rush fixed some of it

Yeah - my bad, (I) got into a rush.
(I) fixed some of it.

chibo
04-24-2007, 11:06 PM
I honestly see more Japanese hate in domestic forums than I see domestic hate in Japanese car forums. Kinda odd, oh well.

95zilvia
04-24-2007, 11:06 PM
i understand you just fine :P
yeah, some import cars can be pretty fast.
i went to the drags last week, and well, it was good to see a bit of everything

C. Senor
04-24-2007, 11:18 PM
lol maybe because i speak like that every once in a while, i understood it now after some revisions. but yeah, domestics really do hate less than imports. haha i'd tell that guy so supercharge that sucker.

mRclARK1
04-24-2007, 11:23 PM
I honestly see more Japanese hate in domestic forums than I see domestic hate in Japanese car forums. Kinda odd, oh well.

That's true IMO... but I dunno why anyone hates on any type of vehicle. I like everything; muscle cars, imports, hotrods, classics/antiques... hell I even have an interest in vintage airplanes. It's almost like appreciating art. It's not good or bad, it's taste and style and the effort someone has put into a project.

wootwoot
04-24-2007, 11:26 PM
I'd rather have a Camaro SS then a 240sx in a long shot. Better car in every way stock. Same gas mileage too but the SS runs low 13's

95zilvia
04-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Camaros look like shit.
I'd rather have a corvette.
But I dont know much about american cars...

Farzam
04-24-2007, 11:50 PM
WOW THIS THREAD IS AWESOME YOU ROCK.

Camaros r00l.

I've rebuilts more than enough of em.

theicecreamdan
04-25-2007, 12:04 AM
I miss my camaro. www.thirdgen.org probably my first carforum ever.

eastcoastS14
04-25-2007, 12:17 AM
not a big fan of camaros...my uncle used to have one and he got rid of it to get a corvette, i definitely like the corvettes better and remember being young and him takin me for a ride and thinking it was the coolest thing ever.

I dont hate domestics, im just unimpressed for the most part. I think american cars today are mostly super generic econo-boxes even top end models do nothing for me...the only thing that bothers me is the muscle car guys who put down japanese cars ...talk about "fart can" exhaust like its the only thing we do to our cars and dont think any of our cars are capable of putting out real power, then talk about how much HP their putting down...Ive heard ppl brag about 500whp out of a V8 which to me isnt very impressive since there are plenty of 800hp supras and skylines etc....old muscle cars are great works of art but as i said their HP numbers and such dont impress me

ranger240
04-25-2007, 12:46 AM
not a big fan of camaros...my uncle used to have one and he got rid of it to get a corvette, i definitely like the corvettes better and remember being young and him takin me for a ride and thinking it was the coolest thing ever.

I dont hate domestics, im just unimpressed for the most part. I think american cars today are mostly super generic econo-boxes even top end models do nothing for me...the only thing that bothers me is the muscle car guys who put down japanese cars ...talk about "fart can" exhaust like its the only thing we do to our cars and dont think any of our cars are capable of putting out real power, then talk about how much HP their putting down...Ive heard ppl brag about 500whp out of a V8 which to me isnt very impressive since there are plenty of 800hp supras and skylines etc....old muscle cars are great works of art but as i said their HP numbers and such dont impress me

800hp supras arnt as common as 500ish hp domestics...

domestic stuff can put out way better hp/$ than any supra or skyline.. for most of us thats what really matters..
7 grand put into a 99 mustang gt netted the kid at my school 550+hp..

its easier and cheaper to get decent power from a domestic v8 compared to any rb or 2jz.. 300hp+ outta a $1000-1500 lt-1 cant be beat..

too bad domestics are overweight

eastcoastS14
04-25-2007, 01:01 AM
i agree but thats part of the reason why im not impressed V8 compared to V6 you should be putting out more power....then look at an FD thats 1.3L rotary and reliability aside they can put out some serious power...it may be easier and cheaper to get more HP but thats how it should be when your motor is twice the size, and im willing to bet that if the japanese wanted to build a huge 8cyl motor with tons of displacement going for for straight hp numbers it would have much more potential than any USDM motor

american muscle vs. japanese technology

BusBOy
04-25-2007, 01:17 AM
how many domestic cars are good for the tracks?? not that i what one but im just curious.

Jon Michael
04-25-2007, 01:41 AM
I like muscle cars, but they just don't impress me as much. You take a 4-cylinder engine and produce just as much hp as a big V8, but you're lighter still. That being said, I will say the Saturn Sky and the Pontiac Solstice are two domestics that I DO like...never thought I'd like a Saturn or newer Pontiac.

Bad example I know, but...It's like the scene in 2F2F, Paul Walker is worried about the muscle car's hemi pushing out 400hp. All the while I'm thinking, you have an Evo that is OBVIOUSLY highly tuned, that thing should be putting out just about as much hp and it's lighter and has awd. WTF!!

chr0nik_sm0k3
04-25-2007, 06:18 AM

this is what ive noticed about domestics and their v'8s. they usually run better times with less hp than imports. torque plays a huge part.

Jon Michael
04-25-2007, 06:19 AM
Hp sells cars...torque wins races.

chibo
04-25-2007, 06:22 AM
Hp sells cars...torque wins races.

Tell me how an F1 car wins races then? :wavey: I prefer the saying 'Build for HP, gear for torque.'
this is what ive noticed about domestics and their v'8s. they usually run better times with less hp than imports. torque plays a huge part.

More like the overall power curve (and thus, area under it).

Farzam
04-25-2007, 06:30 AM
This thread is almost like stepping into a high school classroom.

Tons of bullshit.

You can't beat a V8...no matter what.

But I love my stupid slow 4 bangers anyways.

Jon Michael
04-25-2007, 06:34 AM
Tell me how an F1 car wins races then? :wavey: I prefer the saying 'Build for HP, gear for torque.'

I was, actually, just quoting Enzo Ferrari and Carroll Shelby...since they both said it at one time.

eastcoastS14
04-25-2007, 06:48 AM
This thread is almost like stepping into a high school classroom.

Tons of bullshit.

You can't beat a V8...no matter what.

But I love my stupid slow 4 bangers anyways.

yeah...im not thinking of this as more of a ratio tho IMO 450hp 1.3L FD is more impressive than 500hp 5.0L...i was just trying to say that im not impressed by the numbers domestics lay down or domestic guys brag about cause our cars can do the same with an engine half the size...sure way more money...but still half the size...im talking strictly hp numbers not track times etc

chibo
04-25-2007, 06:50 AM
I was, actually, just quoting Enzo Ferrari and Carroll Shelby...since they both said it at one time.

I know, just messing ;)

Jon Michael
04-25-2007, 06:54 AM
I know, just messing ;)

That's cool, it's all good it's nice to see there are some here who share love for imports and domestics. BTW, I like the Wangan Midnight sig. You keeping up with the series, anime is gonna be out in June.

I'm also surprised that we have 4-cylinder drag cars that are getting up there with drag times and top speeds. Just a matter of time before we see a 4-cylinder drag car compete and beat all the v8's.

Farzam
04-25-2007, 06:55 AM
yeah...im not thinking of this as more of a ratio tho IMO 450hp 1.3L FD is more impressive than 500hp 5.0L...i was just trying to say that im not impressed by the numbers domestics lay down or domestic guys brag about cause our cars can do the same with an engine half the size...sure way more money...but still half the size...im talking strictly hp numbers not track times etc

Honestly, i'd rather have a 500whp LSx than a 13b/sr20det/k20z/3sgte.

Same power, more reliable, cheaper, and it'd have a warranty.

I'd probably want a RB26 or 2jz over a LSx though, just depends on the application and my mood, honestly.

Jon Michael
04-25-2007, 07:00 AM
Incidentally, is anyone here aware to the fact that there are 1000hp ca18det drag cars in Japan?

Farzam
04-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Link to some specs on one of those things.

It's probably upped to like a 2.5L or something, running a big wet shot, alky/meth injection, etc.

IIIXziuR
04-25-2007, 07:06 AM
I do agree with what EastcoastS14 said, alot of good points.
I like all types and styles of cars but I just dont enjoy when assholes feel the need to brag and speak down about other cars.

Don't get me wrong, the American autos are just as cool as the Imports (most of the time) but they usually are all able to do one thing, only go straight.

Jon Michael
04-25-2007, 07:11 AM
Well, it is a drag car not exactly a street car. The ca is the drag engine of choice over the sr in Japan. I read about them last year, I'll be damned if I still have the link. But, I know it's out there just go to google and search for yourself. Even if they did raise it to 2.5L...that's still 1/2 the cc's and cylinders of Mustangs and other v8's making that much.

Again, I like muscle and a few current domestics. But, you have to give credit where credit is due...imports are just more impressive imo.

Farzam
04-25-2007, 07:13 AM
V8s have been making 2000+whp daily driven, man.

No matter what, displacement will overrule.

But that doesn't a small displacement motor is worthless.

And doesn't mean to give up on life.

Just do whatever, comparing apples and oranges is pointless.

Jon Michael
04-25-2007, 07:27 AM
A 2200hp daily driven car...can anyone say $500 in gas a day... O_O

But yea, I know they're different. I have likes and dislikes on both sides, back in highschool I was close to buying a Camaro myself at one point.

Farzam
04-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Well you put it to low boost....

But yeah. I've done more work on domestics than imports but I like imports more. I'm just in the south where it's predominantely Detroit territory.

wootwoot
04-25-2007, 09:46 AM
CamaroSS's were kicking ass in the SCCA world champion stock class ahead of m3's and shit back in the day. This thread is some of the most stupid opinionated bullshit I have heard on here recently

'90RPS13
04-25-2007, 09:57 AM
^~~haha, agreed.

Only insane DD as far as domestics that i have seen is the Ford GTTT. Other then that, where are these 2xxxhp cars?

Yuri
04-25-2007, 10:17 AM
I have an appreciation for all cars.
Just liking cars from one country is foolish.
It's like eating hamburgers for lunch every day, instead of mixing it up with some awesome baked tuna roll or Shepard's pie once in a while.

Myself, I'm diversifying my portfolio. I'm giving my Supra to my little brother to free up some space (and he needs a car) and replacing it with a muscle car.
Maybe a Duster, Fairlane, or non-Chevrolet GM A-body.
That way I'll have my 240, my Jag XK, and a musclecar.
Representing two trifecta at the same time. Japan, Europe, and America, as well as tuner, exotic, and muscle.

Treat your automotive life as a buffet. It's fun to sample, and you're more likely to find something you absolutly love.

ls180sx
04-25-2007, 10:18 AM
no replacement for displacement, thats all there is to it
o whats that you say, Boost? I'll take a v8 with 400hp over a boosted i4 or i6 anyday, it's all about the curve. Go over to ls1tech.com, lots of people are running twin turbo setups on there ls1 with 1xxxhp AND daily drive it

IIIXziuR
04-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Man if only I had that kinda loot hahaha.
I've always been a fan of the LS series especially the LS7.

chmercer
04-25-2007, 10:38 AM
why has noone mentioned the fact that camaros have ass suspension

other than that, yeah id rather have a c4 on bags with a huge wing and an imsa body and chrome dipped bbs than my car

also the american aftermarket parts market is ridiculous. full fiberglass body for camaro is like 3k dollars. doors roof bumper hood all fenders everything.

http://www.zoompics.com/2000o-11.jpg

*bow**bow**bow*

Baka Sama
04-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Wow... This thread is a flash back from 2000. Same thread different screen names. There is no such thing as import/domestic anymore. Half of domestics these days are created by foreign companies. Who cares how much HP your car has? Drive it! Have fun with it! Ive had more fun in light sub 200hp cars than I have in Heavy +300hp V8's. And if I had the time I would throw a freakin Ls1 in a S Chasis like that! Its all about the mix.

mRclARK1
04-25-2007, 11:08 AM
4 Banger, V6 or V8, or whatever; what the most important thing is in determining what kind of numbers an engine is going to put out is how much $$$ is willing to be spent on it.

Originally posted by: Yuri

I have an appreciation for all cars.
Just liking cars from one country is foolish.
It's like eating hamburgers for lunch every day, instead of mixing it up with some awesome baked tuna roll or Shepard's pie once in a while.

Quoted for truth. Like I said in my previous post; I view cars as art, everyone has there tastes and style... but all kinds should be appreciated.

s13gold
04-25-2007, 11:26 AM
well if people put cash into their motor and some brains...it will be fast no matter what you drive.

Yuri
04-25-2007, 11:48 AM
well if people put cash into their motor and some brains...it will be fast no matter what you drive.

True, but american V8's do it for much less.
Have you looked at a summit catalog lately?
When was the last time you bought a brand-new cam for your S-chassis for $100, or headers for $150?

$1000 on a 240 will get you exhaust, intake, and a boost controller. (and that's assuming you already have an SR or KA-T)
$1000 on a US V8 will get you exhaust, headers, intake,cam, and a 600cfm carb.

chibo
04-25-2007, 11:52 AM
^~~haha, agreed.

Only insane DD as far as domestics that i have seen is the Ford GTTT. Other then that, where are these 2xxxhp cars?

TT Vipers, Turbo Fox Body Mustangs, and Turbo Fbodies. Decent amount out there... all things considered.
I don't think anyone can deny that domestics are capable of insane horsepower numbers.

speedstar01
04-25-2007, 05:51 PM

truer words were never spoken :)

there is just so much hate between import and domestic guys. someone should just start going around, handing out cute lil kittens to all the drivers...then i believe the world would be a slightly better place to live :love:

staygold24
04-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Ls1s are very good sr20s are very good.

I like older Japanese cars in terms of lightness though overall.

a s14 with an ls1 with bolt ons would be my dream daily car.

cobras are bad ass as well. my friend has one that will always own my ass... in a straight line at least.

98koukile
04-25-2007, 08:48 PM
You can't compare forced induction to NA. A twin turbo corvette will stomp on a twin turbo supra all day long. Don't forget that those big lazy 500hp V8's will still have 500hp in 20 years with regular maintenance. I'd love to see a 450hp SR with a flat torque curve like any muscle car. Regardless an import chassis and a domestic motor can always be better than the domestic

drift-it
04-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah - my bad, (I) got into a rush.
(I) fixed some of it.

Yeah(,) my bad.

ONYX S-13
04-25-2007, 11:58 PM
I love all cars from different places.. But for me american cars are always last.. Z06 (c6) on the other hand dominates a lot of cars that I love for way cheaper then they are worth.. Other then that I like Japan>German>British>American (usually).. Z06, Sky, and a couple others are exceptions.. I love the older american cars more then the newer ones though..

mRclARK1
04-26-2007, 12:38 AM
A twin turbo corvette will stomp on a twin turbo supra all day long.

How do you figure that? It all depends on what has been put into it. A highly tuned track only TT Supra with $100K+ under the hood will probably smoke any TT Corvette all day long. There is one that does it right where I live. It all comes down to how much $$ is spent on a car.

cnichols
04-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Problem solved...

Best of both worlds...

http://www.streetelite.net/pics/570/DSC02120.JPG

Haha...I'm still in shock that an SS owner would actually admit being thrashed constantly by an import. Good stuff.

chr0nik_sm0k3
04-26-2007, 12:54 AM
How do you figure that? It all depends on what has been put into it. A highly tuned TT Supra with $10K+ under the hood will probably smoke any TT Corvette all day long. There is one that does it right where I live. It all comes down to how much $$ is spent on a car.

sorry but that wont happen. a TT supra with10k under the hood will not smoke any TT vette...

chibo
04-26-2007, 12:54 AM
How do you figure that? It all depends on what has been put into it. A highly tuned TT Supra with $10K+ under the hood will probably smoke any TT Corvette all day long. There is one that does it right where I live. It all comes down to how much $$ is spent on a car.

Sorry dude, but those Supras you see over 1000rwhp have $100k+ in them. That shit is NOT cheap.

chr0nik_sm0k3
04-26-2007, 01:08 AM
i know this isnt a tt vette but oh well. heres a supra with over 1300hp vs mustang with a chevy motor. not sure what motor he has exactly but it makes no where near 1300hp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrs84V8TuXs

mRclARK1
04-26-2007, 01:15 AM
Sorry dude, but those Supras you see over 1000rwhp have $100k+ in them. That shit is NOT cheap.

That's a typo in my OP... there should have been another 0 on it. *edited*

I'd like to find out how much $$ is under the hood of the Supra that lurks around here. I've seen it smoke turbo vettes with ease.

chibo
04-26-2007, 03:23 AM

I'd like to find out how much $$ is under the hood of the Supra that lurks around here. I've seen it smoke turbo vettes with ease.

Details on the Supra? There aren't too many in that range, and those that are probably post on SF.

chr0nik_sm0k3
04-26-2007, 04:42 AM

so youre comparing extremely modified cars to near stock. i like supras and all but in most cases turbo vettes> supras all day everyday. find me a supra that runs 7.90's on radials and il be convinced.

ls180sx
04-26-2007, 07:30 AM
it's simple math everyone
8>6>4

Baka Sama
04-26-2007, 07:39 AM
... I cant believe this is turning into another domestic v. import, V8 v. TT4 banger thread... Ahhhh1!!!1! The internet raped my mother and killed my father!

swift_style
04-26-2007, 09:06 AM
That's nice to hear that Camaros are getting owned!

chmercer
04-26-2007, 09:15 AM

hahaha. boost logic supra (fastest one) did NOT have 100k. at all.

Matej
04-26-2007, 12:25 PM
They're just jealous because their motors perform better in our cars. :)

mRclARK1
04-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Details on the Supra? There aren't too many in that range

I talked with friend of mine shortly after I posted last night and he informed me it has an engine swap of some kind. So for all I know it may be a TT V8 in there as well. I'm also 99% sure it's a track only car.

Domestic motors and muscle cars are what I know the least about... I grew up around them, but was always more into imports and european exotic and classic/antique vehicles. I'll be the first to admit that I have learning to do on the subject of american muscle cars. I kinda want to start a muscle car project of my own for that reason. lol

vanish1
04-26-2007, 01:08 PM
If only all new american cars were rwd + low liter w/ boost....sigh....

ls180sx
04-26-2007, 01:25 PM
If only all new american cars were rwd + low liter w/ boost....sigh....

like this

http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/986/thumbs/X07ST_SK069.jpg

wootwoot
04-26-2007, 01:34 PM
I'd rather have that with the motor in your sig though.

Farzam
04-26-2007, 01:50 PM
I want a cheap rwd car thats not a box..

Jon Michael
04-26-2007, 02:14 PM
OMG, the Saturn Sky...I never thought I'd want a Saturn. But, give me a silver Sky with that slick red interior...sex on wheels.

wootwoot
04-26-2007, 02:28 PM
I want a cheap rwd car thats not a box..

Get a Miata or an MR2

chibo
04-26-2007, 03:42 PM
hahaha. boost logic supra (fastest one) did NOT have 100k. at all.

Why don't you enlighten me as to how much is in Wang's car?
Going rate of a stock TT - $25k
GT47-88 - 2.2k
Boost Logic TH400 Conversion - 4.6k
3.4L Stroker Kit of Unknown Brand (SF Search is down) - crank, rods, pistons only - ~10k
Boost Logic Extreme Race Engine Build, I have no doubt there is more in his engine than this - 9k
Cams - ~800
4" Turbo Back w/ Vbands - ~2k
AEM - $2k

Hell, this article says he had 30k in mods on it back in 2001... when he was running 11's.
http://media.www.dailytexanonline.com/media/storage/paper410/news/2001/09/11/Focus/Life-In.The.Fast.Lane-492344.shtml

Just off the top of my head. If you total up labor, parts, tuning/dyno time, broken shit, builds, etc there is a lot of money in that car... but hey, maybe you know something I don't.

Farzam
04-27-2007, 03:47 AM
I wouldnt' count TOTAL money in a car, if it doesn't affect the current state IMO it shouldn't count.

And it's all how you build it, I know a guy who's shooting for around 1000rwhp stock block, which is taking chances but it'll probably run for a hot minute.

In the end it's self evalation. Wanna spend enough to get a house on a car, or you wanna be happy with enough to pay your kid's tuiton.

Jon Michael
04-27-2007, 04:59 AM
I'm surprised no one is bringing up the European-Muscle in this thread, at all. I share much love for those Bavarian driving machines, in particular.

kawika219
04-27-2007, 05:50 AM
Why don't you enlighten me as to how much is in Wang's car?
Going rate of a stock TT - $25k
GT47-88 - 2.2k
Boost Logic TH400 Conversion - 4.6k
3.4L Stroker Kit of Unknown Brand (SF Search is down) - crank, rods, pistons only - ~10k
Boost Logic Extreme Race Engine Build, I have no doubt there is more in his engine than this - 9k
Cams - ~800
4" Turbo Back w/ Vbands - ~2k
AEM - $2k

Hell, this article says he had 30k in mods on it back in 2001... when he was running 11's.
http://media.www.dailytexanonline.com/media/storage/paper410/news/2001/09/11/Focus/Life-In.The.Fast.Lane-492344.shtml

Just off the top of my head. If you total up labor, parts, tuning/dyno time, broken shit, builds, etc there is a lot of money in that car... but hey, maybe you know something I don't.
fail- when you say 100K went into the car, you dont count the car...

this import vs. domestics stuff is ghey because it turns into a turbo vs. N/A...my take, if an N/A car gets beat by a turbo car, dont say "its because its forced induction"...in reality its the OWNERS fault because they fail at building a car that can beat their opponent.

Jon Michael
04-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Lol, $100k into a car. Don't mess with Johnny Tran, I hear he has atleast $100k under the hood of his s2k. >.>

mehsilvia
04-27-2007, 08:43 AM
So long story short i bought a 85 camaro V8 for 300 bucks to drive why i was doing my swap its in decent shape. So anyways i was on a camaro forum because i needed a part. In my searching around the forum i found this post and that is was one of the best things i have seen this week

title:My ss is getting owned by ricers!

Post:I have a 2001 ss with bolt on's. I am getting owned by this black 240sx on a regular basis. He blows me away and then flips me off and tells me he is beating with half the displacement. Is there anything I can do?

Im not surprised at all. Its usually the uninformed that get blown-away about the horspower that some of us have achieved.

I myself have been approached at every track event from guys in domestics asking what's under the hood and what kind of car it is. Mostly Camaro and Corvette owners. The conversation usually goes: "hey, you know i spent two entire laps trying to shake you, damn that thing is fast" or my favorite, "i spent the entire time trying to catch you".

At my last HPDE i got that first comment from a guy in a brand new Z06. Felt pretty good to hear that he was only worried about me and another guy driving an SS Camaro.

chr0nik_sm0k3
04-27-2007, 12:36 PM
fail- when you say 100K went into the car, you dont count the car...

this import vs. domestics stuff is ghey because it turns into a turbo vs. N/A...my take, if an N/A car gets beat by a turbo car, dont say "its because its forced induction"...in reality its the OWNERS fault because they fail at building a car that can beat their opponent.

600hp na is always going to beat 600 turbo.

chmercer
04-27-2007, 12:58 PM
lol diesel truck lol.

Brian
04-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Camaros don't think.

what the fuck

wootwoot
04-27-2007, 03:05 PM
600hp na is always going to beat 600 turbo.

what in gods name are you talking about?? n/a generally produces less tq then turbo. You are being way to fucking general for that statement to have any meaning

ls180sx
04-27-2007, 03:39 PM
ok maybe if he said 600hp na v8 is going to beat 600hp turbo it would make more sense, given that both cars weigh the same. the na v8 is going to have a way better tourqe curve and the tourqe with kick in near 2-2.5k rpms where as a turbo making 600hp will kick in later

wootwoot
04-27-2007, 03:41 PM
ok maybe if he said 600hp na v8 is going to beat 600hp turbo it would make more sense, given that both cars weigh the same. the na v8 is going to have a way better tourqe curve and the tourqe with kick in near 2-2.5k rpms where as a turbo making 600hp will kick in later

I'm still not buying into that. Vagguueeeeee

Jon Michael
04-27-2007, 05:08 PM
600hp na in a domestic that weighs over 3000lbs isn't going to beat 600hp turbo in an import that weighs around 2000lbs. There's more variables to "fast" than just hp.

kawika219
04-27-2007, 06:11 PM
600hp na in a domestic that weighs over 3000lbs isn't going to beat 600hp turbo in an import that weighs around 2000lbs. There's more variables to "fast" than just hp.

hahhahahaha amen my friend...this is why i hate it when people compare the 2...too many variables, a fast car is a fast car...PERIOD...the end

chr0nik_sm0k3
04-28-2007, 06:32 AM
yeah i kinda fucked up on my last post there. but this is what ive seen way too often. 600hp v8 beating up on a 600hp turbo import. one example ive seen is a 600hp ls1 stomping a 600hp supra then the same camaro barely walking away from a 700hp supra.

g6civcx
04-28-2007, 07:30 AM
And this is the reason why I have a Chevy 350 small block in my S13. Out-accelerate imports and out-handle domestics. It's the best of both worlds.

I can slap on a supercharger and have even more power very easily. The Chevy 350 is the most popular engine ever used, and they're still in production. Great value for the performance as well.

Unholy S14
04-28-2007, 08:28 PM
hahaha I do love beating assholes that drive muscle cars

like beating a 6.0 gto with a 1.3 ;)

Yuri
04-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Musclecars are so much fun.
Picked up this little guy this weekend.
2600lbs. Same as an S-chassis, but it has a V8.
And no handling or braking.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Yurikaze/Duster/MyDuster34.jpg