PDA

View Full Version : advice for my ohio to california trip...

shigitySxSe
04-24-2007, 11:04 AM
:aw: So i am making a trip with friends to van nuys, ca where our buddy lives... We wanted to get a rental car one way, then fly home. (because we want to enjoy the road trip there then say fuck it and just fly home when we're ready) A friend at work told me that years ago he got in touch with some car-transport-company, that actually "hired" him i guess you could call it, to deliver a car they needed across the country. He signed paper work, they filled it up with gas and told him where it needed to go. So basically he did them a service, and got to use the car as his "free" one way rental that he needed for his one way trip across the country. Has anyone ever heard of this?????????

Im looking for any type of company or info on who to ask....

If you cant answer that, what do you guys know about companys paying you to place advertisements on your car, since we will be driving all the way across the damn country.

Thanks alot for any help!!

s13rookie
04-24-2007, 01:06 PM
i looked into the advertising thing a few years ago. they had a few rules i could not meet. these are a few of the rules i remember

-car needed to be newer than 3 years
-car needs to be driven x amount of miles a week ( i cant remember the exact number)
-it was for a term like 12 months i think
-car had to be driven in a metro area x amounts a month
-and i think they put a gps-type device in the car to track where the car has been driven and even parked.

They were paying like 400 a month though, which is about an average car payment nowadays.

I dont think they would pay for just a one-time trip. may be worth checking out though