PDA

View Full Version : 00 civic for cbr 1000rr

jdm538
04-22-2007, 12:20 PM
i was skateboarding today at school while eating a cinabun, i didnt see this crack in the pavement in front of me. my wheel went in it and sad thing is i fell and my cinabun went down too i only took one bite. so i stood there and looked at it for about 3 min until a friend of mines went up to me and told me he saw the whole thing and laughed. the end..... thanks for reading my useless story.

Phlip
04-22-2007, 12:26 PM
How much would that bike SELL for?
Are you getting any cash back out of this?
Do you have another car to drive when the death missile is not a practical transportation option?
Information given to this point, I would say don't do it, but that is my opinion.

Edgar
04-22-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't think its a good to trade. Salvage title regardless of its inspection condition doesn't mean that it holds it value. Sell the Civic and buy a new bike.

rainier
04-22-2007, 04:28 PM
ride the bike around. see how you like it. but i believe you own another car right? id do the trade, if the civic was a spare. you could prolly sell the civic for about 4,000. a salvaged 1000rr goes for more than that.

the choice is on you really. if its really worth trading

ohspizzill
04-22-2007, 05:47 PM
bike history: salvaged because of fairing rash has been checked by honda dealer and passed inspection, bike has 5k mi.

thanks for the advice...

A bike dose not get a salvage title for farring rash. it gets it for frame or tank dammage. honda has farring over its tank. To sit the real tank, lower in the bike. So take your chances but any bike shop you go to is never on the up and up. Dealer or not thats why you heve friends that work at shops that tell the insurence "oh the bike is totaled" or bent or the motor is dust. unless you know the person your buying it from its not the best thing to do. If you want to buy a salvege bike go to salvage dealer IN so ca fastlane cycles.

s13rookie
04-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Id say dont do it. as was said previously, sell the car and buy a bike.

liter bikes are fun though.....

jdm538
04-22-2007, 10:02 PM
i dont really need the civic because i have 2 other cars so the civic was just a spare car collecting dust. ive been trying to sell it for 6 months, and this oportunity came up. i test rode the bike for an hour trying to look for problems i even took it on the freeway and it rode fine. i was just wondering what your opinions were. i really apreciate everyones feedback and i wouldnt mind more.

wootwoot
04-22-2007, 11:00 PM
ohspizzill is sayin what I was about to...Bikes dont get trashed for fairing damage

tacotacotaco
04-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Idano with as touchy frames on bikes can be. Maybe later down the road it might lead to touchy steering and braking.

pbcstylez
04-23-2007, 06:28 PM
salvaged bikes are a no go, unless its track only, don't put your life in jeapordy on 2 wheels over something so minimal, sell your car and buy a clean title bike. Plus if you ever wreck it you can still get your money back thru the insurance and do it all over again. you crash a salvage, complete loss on your end, insurance wont cover a salvaged bike like a salvaged car

wootwoot
04-23-2007, 06:33 PM
salvaged bikes are a no go, unless its track only, don't put your life in jeapordy on 2 wheels over something so minimal, sell your car and buy a clean title bike. Plus if you ever wreck it you can still get your money back thru the insurance and do it all over again. you crash a salvage, complete loss on your end, insurance wont cover a salvaged bike like a salvaged car

Wait....So its ok to run a scraped bike in an extremely dangerous high performance situation but not on the roads? I know safety gear and all but shit, when Iam racing I want the nicest thing I can have.

eastcoastS14
04-23-2007, 06:39 PM
just out of curiosity do you know how to ride or will this be your first bike?

but yeah i agree with others....sell the car buy a new bike

azndoc
04-23-2007, 06:47 PM
IMHO sell the civic, put the money towards a down payment on a new bike. It's the safest thing to do. Plus salvaged titles scare the crap out of me.

Everyone wants a virgin, no one wants a beaten up passed around girl.

jdm538
04-23-2007, 07:29 PM
thanks for everyones feedback i ended up getting the bike.

Brian
04-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Damn... 1000RR

wootwoot
04-23-2007, 07:40 PM
So you ignored everyones advice, and did what you wanted. Why'd you ask then? To gloat?

s13rookie
04-23-2007, 07:44 PM
good luck with the bike, hopefully it was just the fairings..... i hope you bought a new helmet though just in case. ( not trying to be a smartass, just better to be safe)

jdm538
04-23-2007, 10:13 PM
So you ignored everyones advice, and did what you wanted. Why'd you ask then? To gloat?

i'm sorry did i hurt your feelings? i like to get second opinions...

thanks everyone

mayco_86
04-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Yup I would just sell the car and than buy a bike.

jdm538
04-23-2007, 11:49 PM
thanks everyone for the advice

THE END...

Phlip
04-24-2007, 12:27 AM
For those keeping score at home:
Original poster:
"I have a 2000 Civic, someone I know will trade me for a CBR 1000rr, the thing here is that the CBR has a salvaged title, something about fairing rash or something like that, I am not naming exactly why... Is this a good idea?"
Everyone:
"No, sell the car and buy a newer bike without a salvaged title"
Original poster:
"Thanks for your opinions, folks, I went ahead and traded! I'll go ahead and edit my first post to some unintelligible bullshit and take the defensive now."

PHLIP:
"I'm locking this bullshit now"