PDA

View Full Version : Any Jacky Cheung fans here?

Jon Michael
04-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Just wondering, anyone here that's a fan of Jacky Cheung and listens to his music? I didn't get a single result when I searched, lol. I love him, and he's one of the people I listen to the most (along with Andy Lau, Alan Tam, Jordan Chan, Andy Hui, etc). If you do, what's your favourite song of his? I'd have to say mine's "I Waited Until the Flowers Withered/我等到花儿都谢了". Although, I also really like "Goodbye Kiss/吻别", the MLTR cover was decent.

BOROSUN
04-20-2007, 09:24 PM
i saw couple of his movies, he's okay but, i never listened to his music. why, is he that good of a singer?

better then jackie chan...?eh

btw im a huge jackie chan fan.

s13silvia123
04-20-2007, 09:34 PM
yea he can sing he was a oprah student when way back then. his last name is spelt Chan

Jon Michael
04-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Oh yes, he's better than Jackie Chan. He was named one of the Four Heavenly Kings along with Andy Lau, Leon Lai, and Aaron Kwok. He is one of the most popular singers in China and HK.

Although, I love Jackie Chan too. Whenever I tell my friends I listen to Jackie Chan they always look at me so weird, and they are surprised he can sing. I always tell them, he went to the Peking Opera School. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to his duet with Kim Hee Seon, "Endless Love" from The Myth soundtrack, right now.

Do you listen to much cantonese music?

Edit: Two different people S13silvia123. Jacky Cheung (Hok-Yau), and Jackie Chan (Sing Lung). Kinda like how there's two Tony Leungs, Tony Leung (Chiu-Wai) and Tony Leung (Kar-Fai).

azndummie
04-20-2007, 11:03 PM
yeah haha hes old school though my parents liked him

Jon Michael
04-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Yeah, most of my friends parents like it, too. They joke about it a little, I have musical taste like old people lol. But, I have a few friends who like it just as much as me. I was at the mall the other day parking, my friend and I were listening to some older love song. This old chinese lady looked at us as we drove by slowly, then she got this look on her face like "Hey, I know that song!" and looked back at us, lol.

Although, I really enjoyed Andy Lau's newer album "Voice". My favourite song from that album would have to be "Tired vs Tired/累鬥累"

NervGS
04-21-2007, 02:10 AM
He was great in Bullet in the Head.

-glenn

Jon Michael
04-21-2007, 02:29 AM
Indeed, it's up there with some of the best HK films ever made. Tony Leung was also great in it. Although, Jacky Cheung started out as a singer that turned into an actor. Unlike some actors that also sing, like Jackie Chan and Ekin Cheng.

Future Cops is still my favourite Jacky Cheung movie ever made, lol.

s13silvia_R
04-21-2007, 02:30 AM
jacky cheung rocks, his movies are hilarious and his singing is good. seeing him perform live is awesome.

Jon Michael
04-21-2007, 02:36 AM
jacky cheung rocks, his movies are hilarious and his singing is good. seeing him perform live is awesome.

Oh, I am so jealous of you. Me and my friend have been talking about taking a trip to HK and see someone perform. We'd love to see Jacky Cheung, Andy Lau, or another cantopop legened. All I have now are the live performance videos, and those aren't the same.

SochBAT
04-21-2007, 02:39 AM
Indeed, it's up there with some of the best HK films ever made. Tony Leung was also great in it. Although, Jacky Cheung started out as a singer that turned into an actor. Unlike some actors that also sing, like Jackie Chan and Ekin Cheng.

Future Cops is still my favourite Jacky Cheung movie ever made, lol.

BROOM HEAD !

Jon Michael
04-21-2007, 03:19 AM
Lol, I still laugh when I see Andy Lau using him as a broom. That scene where he's crushed between the cars and he gets his power refilled becuase Charlie Young Choi-Nei (I think it was her) kisses him is great.

91CRXsiR
04-21-2007, 03:25 AM
my bros got like over 100 of his songs.. some are good if u can sing they are good karaokee songs

Drift Motion
04-21-2007, 11:48 PM
张学友?
man i dont know their english names

alot of chinese people here huh...

Jon Michael
04-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Yeah, Jacky Cheung is his English name.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/ColdMNTeg/JackyCheung.jpg

I love to sing his songs when me and my friends sing karaoke, or when we're in the car singing along.

swift_style
04-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Jacky Cheung is cool! I remember seeing him in a movie with Jet Li. Forgot the title for the movie though.

Jon Michael
04-22-2007, 09:45 AM
It was probably High Risk, aka Meltdown in the USA. Jacky Cheung plays a drunken Bruce Lee parody, even wears the yellow and black stripe uniform. That was a pretty funny movie at times, too.

Anyone seen Jiang Hu? It's one of his more recent movies, a triad/cop drama. I'm getting that right now.

Apossiblehybrid
04-22-2007, 01:01 PM
do you listen to sam hui too? haha

Jon Michael
04-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Can't say I ever have. I do listen to Andy Hui (許志安), tho. He's a great singer, and was named one of the new "Four Heavenly Kings". He was taken under the wing and mentored by Anita Mui (梅艷芳).

SochBAT
04-23-2007, 08:58 PM
I win.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Aba6hqif_U&mode=related&search=

Jon Michael
04-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Lol, I own it. I just wished they had made that sequel that they led up to in the end. Anyone seen City Hunter? They do a pretty funny Street Fighter parody in that, too. Ends with Jackie Chan dressed up as Chun Li. XD

oOdextaOo
04-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Lol, I own it. I just wished they had made that sequel that they led up to in the end. Anyone seen City Hunter? They do a pretty funny Street Fighter parody in that, too. Ends with Jackie Chan dressed up as Chun Li. XD

haha yeah that's olddddd school. that's a sweet sig from SPL too. bad ass movie.

and lol @ whoever brought up karaoke. i <3 karaoke...especially with alcohol :w00t:

Jon Michael
04-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Hell yes, SPL is a great movie. It's awesome that Donnie Yen and Wu Jing are FINALLY getting the exposure they deserve. Donnie went on to Dragon Tiger Gate, and now he's making Po Jun (the next SPL type movie from Wilson Yip and Donnie Yen). And, Wu Jing went on to make Fatal Contact, OMG that was a brutal fighting movie I loved it. Twins Mission was a little weak, tho.

Lol, karaoke is great. Especially, when your friends' parents get home from parties drunk and join in singing.

oOdextaOo
04-23-2007, 10:27 PM
dood, anything with 'twins' is weak xP

i still need to see 'dragon tiger gate.' i heard it was a very good watch.

as for the parents coming home drunk only to join in your singing...man, that is awesome ahahahahaha.

Jon Michael
04-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Some movies with just one Twin (Charlene's hot) are ok. Leave Me Alone was pretty good, and My Wife is 18 was decent. Both of them together being all bubble gum cutie pie...is horrid and makes me want to hit them.

Dragon Tiger Gate is a comic book-based movie, so it's not as deep as SPL. But, the action in it is definately top notch. It's kind of exaggerated fighting, but it's not too entirely over the top. I enjoyed it a lot, it entertained the hell out of me.

SochBAT
04-24-2007, 03:51 PM
There was one Twins movie i can't put my finger on.

Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, 2 cuties, and that one badguy from PoliceStory2, the Young Kid.

Damn those chicks are hot.

kouki_s14
04-24-2007, 03:56 PM
i have most of his song on my computer, all the old and good ones. Old school chinese music(jacky, andy, alan, jordan, sammi, aaron kwok, ekin cheng, leon lai, etc) is awesome after a stressful day

Jon Michael
04-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Ah, you mean Twins Effect II, with Daniel Wu. Daniel Wu has got to be one of the most badass guys in HK movies right now. He's like the younger, gen-x version of EKin...always playing some cool assassin it seems. Has anyone seen Protege, Daniel Wu alongside Andy Lau. I have to borrow it from my friend, it looks great.

Yeah, I have soo many of his songs. They're the best to relax to, and just drive and cruise to. I love the classic love songs, sooo much. I wish I had more of Ekin's music, tho. Been listening to more Hacken Lee (李克勤), lately. Just curious, who here had a day of rememberance on April 1st for Leslie Cheung (張國榮)? It's so hard to think that he's been gone for 4 years now.

What do you guys think about Jordan Chan (陳小春)? I have to say I like his music just as much as his acting, but some of my friends don't like his singing. I have most of his songs, I really like the slow ones like "She Doesn't Love Me" and "One Sentence Till the End". But, I also like some of his songs that are kinda hip-hoppish like "Heartless You". I know some critics didn't like the fact that he was "acting too black" on some of his albums. What do you guys think? Like him, or just stick to acting?

keroto
04-25-2007, 08:38 AM
yeah, he is the one of the best singer in HK. i love his voice, try to use foxy or kugoo to d/l songs.

Eternal_240Sx
04-26-2007, 11:13 AM
snow wolf lake > all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW3ZUGFKvXY

how about this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPRKnL-EquM

brings back lots of memories

Wei240
04-26-2007, 11:33 AM
i actually went to his concert a while back, over 5 years ago when he was touring the states,

his music are good, not sure if i like his acting though, a lot of corny movies,
much like jacky chan but opposite, his movies are good, not sure about his singing...

Jon Michael
04-26-2007, 02:27 PM
how about this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPRKnL-EquM

brings back lots of memories

I LOVE "Love is Eternal", but I only have the karaoke version with the choir in the background. I wish I could find the version with just him singing and a little more emphasis on piano. Anyone heard the Michael Learns to Rock song "Take Me To Your Heart"? It's a cover of his song "Goodbye Kiss/吻别". Jacky's lyrics are 10x better, tho.

One of my dreams is to see Jacky Cheung in concert, one day. I am always really jealous of everyone I meet that has seen him already. XD