PDA

View Full Version : This Job sux right now!!!

iPurple_Misfit!
04-18-2007, 11:40 AM
So who out there like me are doing a job they are just not liking?

I Usually like my job as a billing Clerk, but this week everything has been going wrong. Woke up late. Loaded with tons of work(+ side, never bored) and the machines are jammed.

anyone out there have problems with their jobs?

sleepy_s13
04-18-2007, 11:50 AM
lol. I used to when I worked at Stater Bros, and at the real estate office. Im at work right now just waiting for DHL to come pick up some packages. just pretend like your working or you can paint eyes on your eyelids and go to sleep and still look like your awake http://www.brooklynrecord.com/archives/12pirate.jpg

iPurple_Misfit!
04-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Hahahahahaha

swift_style
04-18-2007, 12:13 PM
ooohhh yeahh. the job sucks big time right now. Can't wait to get out of that dump. Oh yeah, SBC call center, by the way, sometimes the Hispanic comes through the english line and starts yelling at you in spanish. The only thing I'll understand is "me llamo es Juan." and then after that it's all curse words in spanish. And I'll say "hang up, numero dos!"

arkive43
04-18-2007, 12:20 PM
sometimes i hate my job. i just wana chunk my keybord through the window.
other times it can be fun and the money is good. i guess some people get to have jobs they love no matter what.and others get stuck. if i felt that way id find a new job...but little shit, dont let it get to you. another day another dollar.

iPurple_Misfit!
04-18-2007, 12:27 PM
True!!! my job is cool but this has just been hectic.and yea the money is good, so that usually gets me by.

theicecreamdan
04-18-2007, 12:30 PM
I love my job, I work three days a week. I watch TV, listen to music, serve beer. The worst part about my job is my lower IQ customers, but I can just laugh at them. Generally there are a bunch of cool people, and a few dumbasses. The rest of the week I try not to spend money, I go outside a lot, spend a lot of time at the gym and goofing around.

The past 3 months have been the closest I've ever felt to the summer right after I graduated high school. Amazing.

Kaotik25
04-18-2007, 12:55 PM
My job is to sit around and basically wait for whatever shits the boss gives me. 75% of my working hrs is me online perusing zilvia posts. It's super boring but the job pays well so i'll stick with it til the car is done.

iPurple_Misfit!
04-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Thats sound cool to get paid good and do nothing but idk, boredum gets to me quite quickly.i like to keep busy. my day goes by quicker.

PITCH
04-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Butcher in traning. Everyone I work with is awsome except the assistant supervisor. Geez that guy needs to change or go somewhere. This dude i work with was going to put a cleaver to him one day. :eek3:

arkive43
04-18-2007, 01:20 PM
hey pitch, do you ever get the urge to go in the meat cooler and "tenderize" sides of beef like rocky lol. that would be the ultimate stress reliever.

s13speeddrft
04-18-2007, 01:55 PM
My job at school ain't too bad. I drive public transit busses run by the school, so it is actually pretty fun.

Buffalo Daughter
04-18-2007, 01:59 PM
can't say everyjob is gonna be all kittens and lollipops everyday. My job is currently coo, but hey as the wrench turns is what we say when shit goes down at work. You live and get on with it. Just handle that shit.

LB.Motoring
04-18-2007, 02:06 PM
yeah,

Bleh its life, if it wasnt work. It wouldnt be work.

I enjoy my job.

azndoc
04-18-2007, 02:28 PM
^^^^ True that

Well I can't say I hate both of my jobs.

One I wake up at 9am get to work, do work for an hour, hang out with my uncle, and go to lunch.

Then I go to my second job where I talk about cars and parts all day. Sometimes it can be pretty hectic dealing with noobs but it's a cool job. Plus I'm on zilvia all day everyday.

opticfilms
04-18-2007, 03:16 PM
work is not cool i sale cars. I'm done with it

sleepy_s13
04-18-2007, 04:59 PM
hey pitch, do you ever get the urge to go in the meat cooler and "tenderize" sides of beef like rocky lol. that would be the ultimate stress reliever.

I used to work for the meat dept at staters. I did that a couple of times It was funny. Screw that job though

DRavenS13
04-18-2007, 08:41 PM
As a QA tester, it's fun when you get cool games to test. But when you have to test crap like Sims 2 Pets or Tetris over and over, you do wanna shoot yourself.

That and the drama that runs rampant in this place is enough to wanna become completely anti-social.

s13rookie
04-18-2007, 09:27 PM
my job is decent most of the time, the biggest problem is the politics. i dont know why people go out of their way to complicate things. i mean, go to work, punch in, do your work, go home and at the end of the week get handed a check-its pretty simple to me. Nothing fucks up my day more than office politics.

My last job though was altogether shitty. I worked in an ice cream distribution center. it was -35F all day, Everyday

ManoNegra
04-18-2007, 09:45 PM
My job is awsome, the people and office politics can be a major downer at times though.

s13gold
04-18-2007, 11:50 PM
im a server at a restaurant....rude asss customers is all i have to say.

theicecreamdan
04-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Thats sound cool to get paid good and do nothing but idk, boredum gets to me quite quickly.i like to keep busy. my day goes by quicker.

Boring jobs suck. I have always been pretty good at keeping busy wherever I've worked. I've only had one job ever that I actually didn't like, I lasted 2 months there. I don't feel bad for anybody that hates their job. 40+ hours a week is way too much time to spend hating my life. What's the point of having a lot of money, and only having a few hours every evening, weekends, and 2 weeks of paid vacation a year?

I've been super busy just goofing off and having fun just about every day the past 2 weeks, there's still SOOO much stuff I want to do. A full time job will never give me the time to live life.

If you don't like what you're doing you seriously need to look at what you DO want to do. Find a way to make your passions part of your everyday life, instead of just a hobby. Its impossible to understand until you start down that road. I used to not have any passions in life, and I still don't have a clue what I REALLY want to do for the rest of my life. But I know plenty of things I don't want to do. Working 80 hours a week just to come home to a nice house in a nice car in a nice area doesn't sound appealing to me.

Are all your customers rude? If its all of them either you need to change the way you're treating them or get out of there.
Everyday before you go to work, think positive thoughts about work. I really liked my last job, besides the fact that I was working 45 hours a week because that's what I thought I had to do to make enough money to be happy. But on days when I had to open I had to wake up pretty early. Every day for the first couple months the first thing I thought was "fuck I have to go to work..." and when I realized how I was setting myself up for a bad day, I changed it. So first I forced myself to stop saying "fuck work." and it got better, so I got to the point where I could be happy about going to work, and it made my whole day so much better.

I guess I've been saying the same thing over a couple different ways in this post. The simplest way to say it is "If you don't like it change something."

sleepy_s13
04-18-2007, 11:59 PM

I know how it is. I would always get rude customers when I worked the market. Some people would get mad at me because I dont speak spanish and I didnt understand what they were saying.