PDA

View Full Version : For those who've taken off their rear spoiler...

AKADriver
08-07-2002, 06:18 PM
I want to take off my spoiler to examine the rust underneath.  Once it's removed, will it go back on properly?  In other words, will removing the spoiler damage any clips or other plastic fasteners?

240Driver39
08-07-2002, 08:19 PM
alright, i recently dealt with my hatch rust problems, and when i took mine off, all the plastic clips that were used, all the connections to the hatch were rusted and they could no longer be used.  the 4 bolts in the front were okay, and i could use them again along with a lot of double sided tape to reattach temporarily.  Most likely u will have a similiar problem if u have a significant amount of rust.  And the clips are in the hatch pretty good so i never bothered to take them out even.  If u have ne more questions about it, PM me, i have experience iwht the whole deal. hope that helps

240Dori
08-07-2002, 08:29 PM
I hear you man...I was gonna look under mine but I then realized that it is gonna be fucked so i better get it fixed before it got any worse...i had two surface rust spots that had bubbled the paint under my brake light on the hatch and i could see that it was much worse under the spoiler.  So i saved a few bucks and ordered a bomex whale tail style spoiler that would cover it in case there was extreeme damage that would look shitty even after i got it fixed by the body shop...so here i am about to take my car to the shop have them eliminate the rust then repaint the hatch (debadging it) and painting and installing my new spoiler..I cant wait to get it back

srJOEYdet
08-07-2002, 11:57 PM
I took the screws out of mine and reefed the thing all to hell. Plastic scrap was all over the ground. My spoiler is full of rust, and it crackles when you flex it, So the white clips are useless to me. they are what holds water on the body and created the rust anyway.

I need a new spioler though. I'll check out that whale tail.

Joey