PDA

View Full Version : For the Business minded people!

chlatboy
04-16-2007, 01:22 PM
okay so my sisters friend needs help in determining what they can import that can sell well here in the US. I need the strong minds of zilivians to help me come up with ideas for products they believe can sell well here. Looking for something that people use every day or people need on a daily basis.

Some things ive gone over that arent good.

FOOD! (hard to get here/spoils)

Anything dealing with homes since people are selling them like crazy
furniture (not alot of people buying)

Things i think would be good

Transformer toys
CAR PARTS

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Wahl 136
04-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Transformer toys
CAR PARTS

I think a lot of different toys would be popular but the language barrier and over all lack of knowledge concerning the product could effect sales.

s13gold
04-16-2007, 01:37 PM
JDM RIMS...check this months "Super Street" magazine.

everyone knows all the crap we buy is DIRT cheap in japan, we pay for:
-the guy searching,
-the guy removing the crap,
-the guy packaging the crap,
-shipping to get here, not to mention fees,
-and the cost to cover your businesses overhead costs.

chlatboy
04-16-2007, 03:54 PM
My sisters friend speaks the language his contact speaks. So there really is no language barriers. Ill see what i can do about the rims and stuff. Anything else?

s13rookie
04-16-2007, 05:40 PM
I would suggest forgeting about food. anything that is a consumable is a pain in the ass. I work for a pharmaceutical company and we export a lot of items to japan. It would be almost impossible to import food legally with out assistance from the manufacturer. You need items such as cert. of origin, cert. of analysis, etc that only a manufacturer can provide.

go with small items such as toys and squash scented air fresheners. find a small, easy to ship novelty not available in the US.

sw20>>s14
04-16-2007, 05:48 PM
mma (mixed martial arts i.e. pride fc and k-1) toys such as HAO figures, mma apparel, kubricks, vinyl toys, car parts and accessories (VIP), stationary stuff, periodicals, japanese girlie products (such as hair dye or eye tapes), sake (according to my japanese friend, its a good idea), cigarettes (hope, mild sevens, etc.) and other small useless things that ppl including myself just cant stop buying...however, i dont know the first thing regarding importing alcohol or tabacco products, just throwing it out there...

theicecreamdan
04-16-2007, 11:41 PM
So you want us to tell you what to sell? If you want to run your own business that's up to you. A random thread on an internet forum is not going to give you a very good market survey. Your question is REALLY vague.

So far both of your "business" threads have been asking other people to come up with an idea for you. If somebody has great ideas about what should come over here from Japan to be sold, then they should work on that themselves and reap the benefits. All the "business minded people" are going to want their business ideas for themselves so they can make the money they deserve.

chlatboy
04-17-2007, 01:34 AM
oh the exporting thing is not for me. They just asked me if i knew anything. Just wanted to kno what you guys thought. Man asking questions sure is getting people angry now a days.

SochBAT
04-17-2007, 03:00 AM
How about we just tell em to Import Japan.

That'd be fun.

eastcoastS14
04-17-2007, 04:13 AM
lol hmm well your sister needs to look at her situation...she needs to look at what there is a demand for, what people are willing to pay, costs to import those things and then take into consideration the profit she will be making. for example if she wants to import toys then she will have to decide what kind of market there is for japanese toys. If she can get them cheap and anime shops and toy collectors over here are willing to buy them at a greater price than it costs for her to purchase package and ship them then its worth it. however, she also needs to figure out if theyll actually sell...you dont want to import a bunch of japanese toys over here for $15 each shipped and then have american kids scratching their heads cause they dont know what they are and only be willing to pay $5....that being said if it were up to me Id first find customers/stores...work out some kind of deal (so that you know you will make money) and then fill their orders. Id go for the easy stuff like toys and clothing first, see if you can sell to boutiques/shops or on ebay generate some revenue and then pick up bigger more high demand items that people are willing to pay for car parts japanese electronics etc thats just my 2cents

^^ sorry for the book i just wrote

Oh yeah just remebered im sure asia exclusive sneakers like all the asia release dunks/clothing like bape, original fake and other stuff would go super quick stateside

yokotas13
04-17-2007, 04:55 AM
JDM RIMS...check this months "Super Street" magazine.

everyone knows all the crap we buy is DIRT cheap in japan, we pay for:
-the guy searching,
-the guy removing the crap,
-the guy packaging the crap,
-shipping to get here, not to mention fees,
-and the cost to cover your businesses overhead costs.
yep

you hit the nail ont eh head

theicecreamdan
04-17-2007, 12:08 PM
oh the exporting thing is not for me. They just asked me if i knew anything. Just wanted to kno what you guys thought. Man asking questions sure is getting people angry now a days.

I was trying to help you look at a better way to ask the questions. I don't think anybody is getting angry about this. "What should my business be?" is a poor question unless you plan on paying people for making all of your decisions for you. "Hey guys I've been doing some thinking, what do you think about selling ______ over here? Here's some details on _____ here (insert link,pictures etc.) Do you think $X is a fair price? Do you know of other people who would buy from me?"

Nobody wants to come up with a business plan for somebody else. Just like an inventor doesn't want to give away his inventions for free.

pbcstylez
04-17-2007, 12:50 PM
do you honestly think ppl are going to give up their trade secrets or their own ideas on how to make money to somebody that they dont know or will be able to reap the benefit of telling you such ideas?

anyways gluck, i highly doubt you're going to get a valid answer from anyone that will truly work out for you.

everybody is on the grind these days, and money is getting harder and harder to come by

theicecreamdan
04-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Money isn't getting harder and harder to come by. The exact opposite is true, hello inflation.

I'll never be worried about our economy as long as there are still homeless people making more money than I do.

chlatboy
04-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Thnx alot dan. I understand where you are coming from. Imma be looking into what trends they have here and will be getting better questions for you next time. As of rite now, my sister's friends are selling plastic wrap for shipping stuff and i think jewelry. And to everyone else who has given input to the thread, thank you for helping me brainstorm ideas.

Ca_laurier
04-17-2007, 04:17 PM
a friend of mine made a shit load off of selling blank cd's on ebay. he would buy them in bulk and sell them for dirt cheap (still making some profit) but in the end he was able to buy a rx-8 and put a down payment on a house.

its thinking about stupid shit that people use everyday that could sell easily