PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about RHD. converted?

opticfilms
04-15-2007, 01:54 AM
tell me if you would buy one. and if you have one send some pic's.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/opticfilms/rhd.jpg

mrmephistopheles
04-15-2007, 02:10 AM
not me.
If I drive a rhd car, it'll be because it came from the factory that way.
I have zero desire to convert a 240 to RHD.

Gumballf355
04-15-2007, 02:13 AM
I'd drive one if I got it cheap... intresting, but no thanks.

Dutchmalmiss
04-15-2007, 04:13 AM
Fly to japan and rent a car there. Same price. Not really, but what I'm tryin to say is it's a waste of money unless it came like that, stock.

yokotas13
04-15-2007, 05:38 AM
that dash is baller

i dont give a fuck what anyone says

ThatGuy
04-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Unless you're a mailman, it's fucking stupid.

jdizzy204
04-15-2007, 07:23 AM
that dash is sick but the glove box has to be covered too. id do a rhd swap if:
1) it wasnt a daily driver
2) i had a rb26 in it with upgraded twin turbos (so i wouldnt have to worry about dowpipe clearances)

that is all

opponheimer
04-15-2007, 09:31 AM
that dash is sick but the glove box has to be covered too. id do a rhd swap if:
1) it wasnt a daily driver
2) i had a rb26 in it with upgraded twin turbos (so i wouldnt have to worry about dowpipe clearances)

that is all

Dash is sick but the glove box would have to be converted too? The glove box is part of the freaking dash lol. And they make large diameter downpipes that clear the steering column for LHD Rb26 240s. RHD is all personal preference, it is pretty useless, and one could say its going a little beyond cosmetic (body kit, wheels, etc) but its all a matter of personal opinion. I wouldn't do it.

Edgar
04-15-2007, 09:34 AM
that dash is baller

i agree

shit is luxury but i hope the rest of the interior is like that
some tv's and he better be on dubs

Cash
04-15-2007, 10:10 AM
I think it would be awesome to convert something really small like a ford fiasta or geo metro to center drive. Just have one seat in the middle of the car and the rest stripped out. Unfortunately that would be a gigantic waste of money, and I will never even dream of having the fab skills to do that.

godzillarb
04-15-2007, 10:28 AM
RHD conversions are simply rice

!Zar!
04-15-2007, 10:39 AM
RHD is only needed if you are pimping hoes on the corner.

Or the occasional ass grab of your desired sex.

s13gold
04-15-2007, 12:21 PM
nah. its more of a hassle if u dd a rhd car. i would only buy it from the factory rhd.
conversions are only as good as those who worked on it.*

Ian
04-15-2007, 12:28 PM
driving a rhd car sucks ass...i wouldn't even do it in japan...

I'd do a LHD conversion on my silvia

opponheimer
04-15-2007, 12:36 PM
driving a rhd car sucks ass...i wouldn't even do it in japan...

I'd do a LHD conversion on my silvia

Yep i guess it would be pretty annoying for Tolls and drive throughs

Cash
04-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Yep i guess it would be pretty annoying for Tolls and drive throughs

Yea, you're kinda limited to Checkers for drive-thru fast food.

nissan240syan
04-15-2007, 03:00 PM
its a waste of money unless your building a showcar..........

Matej
04-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Converting to RHD is dumb, and tearing up a firewall is even dumber.

Not_Nissan
04-15-2007, 04:04 PM
they look cool...but if you like going through the drive-thru backwards than get one...And defintly couldn't have a DD RHD....to much hassle

mRclARK1
04-15-2007, 04:15 PM
RHD is fun for awhile, but it's a pain in the ass eventually. I borrowed a friends Skyline for a couple days, when my car was down, and after awhile it was getting on my nerves. I would never convert a car. In Japan, or anywhere else that is opposite, I would own and daily a RHD. In North America I'll stick to a LHD.

But to each there own...

swift_style
04-15-2007, 04:59 PM
I've always wanted to convert mines to a rhd, but it's not worth it anymore. I have better use for my money, like building my sr!!

Chasmoore04
04-15-2007, 05:00 PM
dash is sick, converting is stupid.

chmercer
04-15-2007, 05:03 PM
that dash is stupid. the LV print isnt even facing the right way. not to mention its ghetto as fuck. fucking hip hop bullshit.
http://www.laist.com/attachments/la_carolyn/louisvuittoncar.jpg

mrmephistopheles
04-15-2007, 05:30 PM
that dash is stupid. the LV print isnt even facing the right way. not to mention its ghetto as fuck. fucking hip hop bullshit.
You're just mad because they stole your idea.
:keke: :keke:

Seriously that interior looks retarded with stock shift knob and glovebox.
Big pimpin requires no hanging wires and covered interior painted body parts.
How can you have bling when you look like a garbageman?

jkjunior
04-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Haha thats great

drift freaq
04-15-2007, 05:42 PM
convert to RHD in a LHD country= dumb+gay+rice+Bandwagon=Typical Honda kids and 240 kids of late. Yup I said it! In other words its pure crap. If the car did not come that way and you want to do it please sell your 240 and leave. Your wrecking it for everyone.

Phlip
04-15-2007, 05:45 PM
I have no desire for a RHD car on this side of the Pacific, unless my career is to deliver mail.

ALTRNTV
04-15-2007, 05:48 PM
http://www.csh.rit.edu/~mickey/Things/images/mailtruck.jpg
They see me rollin... they hatin, all I'm doing is tryin' tah deliva yo dirtay dirtay (http://www.adrants.com/images/penthouse_cover_022005-thumb.jpg)...

mRclARK1
04-15-2007, 05:52 PM
BUHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

Farzam
04-15-2007, 06:46 PM
If I ever did RHD it'd be cause i'm left handed and i'm tired of being in a right handed world.

!Zar!
04-15-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm ambidextrous. So should the shifter be between my legs?

bwahaha.

mRclARK1
04-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Same with me... I do some things like a lefty and some things like a righty. I can write with both hands....

:keke:

Farzam
04-15-2007, 08:18 PM
I use scissors with my right hand...
That's about it.

SiI40sx
04-15-2007, 08:40 PM
that dash is baller

fuck yeah, that thing looks great

DUFFM4N
04-15-2007, 08:50 PM
converted RHD cars are pointless...and it compromises the structural dexterity of the car...if it were strictly a show car and didnt see the road, then hell...why not...but its not for me, because i track and daily drive my car...so i wouldnt want to worry about how safe it were, especially if the welds were shitty and caused the firewall to collapse

ranger240
04-15-2007, 11:06 PM
the only time it could possibly make sense is to aleviate clearance issues on a rb26 car as previously stated.. and arnt most racin series (besides nascar) clockwise? if so rhd would be helpful.. though it might not matter too much

sleepy_s13
04-16-2007, 12:57 AM
rhd cars are cool converted or not. How is the fire wall going to collaspe?

HKsilvia
04-16-2007, 01:02 AM
just give me a reason why you need to convert a originally LHD to RHD?
will it make u go faster? since the weight can now shift to your right side?
will it give u aerodynamic? since your bald spot is on the right side of your head?
will it improve your stability? since your stomach is place on your left and your liver on your right.

you can do a lot more other stuff with the money of such pointless conversion

that180guy
04-16-2007, 01:15 AM

that isnt hiphop bullshit homie.

oh yeah, that dash print is pretty fucking dope too, even if the print isnt on point.

Kn1ves
04-16-2007, 01:20 AM

haha man that car is right near my area, that place is at vons @ 3rd and vermont. will post proof when i get out my camera

ALTRNTV
04-16-2007, 01:23 AM
It's ghetto-hop.

DUFFM4N
04-16-2007, 01:37 AM
rhd cars are cool converted or not. How is the fire wall going to collaspe?

bad welds....vibration from motor...body flex....a lot of things could come into play

1Via!
04-16-2007, 01:58 AM
RHD cars are cool if youre driving on the left side of the road.

theicecreamdan
04-16-2007, 02:17 AM
converted RHD cars are pointless...and it compromises the structural dexterity of the car...if it were strictly a show car and didnt see the road, then hell...why not...but its not for me, because i track and daily drive my car...so i wouldnt want to worry about how safe it were, especially if the welds were shitty and caused the firewall to collapse

Integrity man, integrity.

:gives:

DUFFM4N
04-16-2007, 02:54 AM
yeah that too -____-...lol didnt realize that, i had just woken up from a nap...reason why im up so late right now X_x

opponheimer
04-16-2007, 06:08 AM
If i ever did rhd it'd be because I'm totally deaf in my right ear which totally sucks when im driving a passenger, my every other word is what!? Friggen hate that...

jdizzy204
04-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Dash is sick but the glove box would have to be converted too? The glove box is part of the freaking dash lol. And they make large diameter downpipes that clear the steering column for LHD Rb26 240s. RHD is all personal preference, it is pretty useless, and one could say its going a little beyond cosmetic (body kit, wheels, etc) but its all a matter of personal opinion. I wouldn't do it.

:hammer: u lose at reading. i never said "converted" i said "covered." like in the LV fabric. id still do the rhd conversion cuz i think its a head turner.

tacotacotaco
04-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Priority list: stock fastback
1. sil80 conversion
2. rhd conversion

driving on the wrong side on a stock chassis with a hacked front end for the sake of being jdm priceless.

whatever floats your boat.

Cash
04-16-2007, 08:26 AM

Buick: the poor toaster's Cadillac

azndoc
04-16-2007, 11:24 AM
RHD is where I learned to drive a stick, plus I'm right handed and so that was a plus to drive like that in Japan. But here in LA with so many unprotected left lights here it's just stupid to get one here. It is kinda cool for a moment if your pulling up to some chick and she's like wow what are you doing on the wrong side. Then I make an unprotected left and get t-boned.......**sigh**

Brian
04-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Oh man, I wish my car was Right Handle.
That would rule so hard.

AFSil80
04-16-2007, 07:31 PM
I have no desire for a RHD car on this side of the Pacific, unless my career is to deliver mail.

+1.

I'll be honest, the only thing worse than driving RHD in the US, is driving LHD in the UK.

CKAMC
04-16-2007, 10:18 PM
RHD if the car is only available that way.

converting = fail (see posts above about flex and shit)

LHD and then crash? man you need to look around and pay attention some more!

...besides if your passenger was your main lady in your LHD car... wouldn't you be concerned?

drive thru... go lose some weight and cook, eat right.
toll booth/security check point? ok yeah it sucks.

Slip&Sliden 240
04-17-2007, 11:55 AM
My car is RHD converted, I did it like 3 years ago.

First, "cost":
I bought a clip to due my SR motor swap. If you already have a clip then it isnt a "waste of money" if buying some gas and wire for your welder is hard on your pocket book, then maybe this shouldnt be your hobby.

Second, "compromises the structural dexterity of the car":
I can sit here and honsetly tell you that my car is no weaker being rhd then it was LHD. When I did my conversion had the car cross braced. I then took alot of measurements. Once the firewall was out we removed the braces and had a couple of people try pusing and pulling on the sides. Guess what? No movement, not alot of stuctural strength is based on the firewall. Once we had the new firewall in double checked the measurements, dead on. With the new firewall fully welded in I consider it stronger then the factory spot welds. If the factory spot welds are the ultimate, then why did I "waste money" stich welding the chassis?

Third, "stupidety"
I am right handed and I am more comfortable with my right hand on the steering wheel and my left hand shifting. I would rather have my dominate hand controlling where the vehicle is traveling other then what gear the damn thing is in. Drive throughs I usally always have someone with me, and if not thats why Nissan gave us a reverse gear. I have had no problems backing through. Passing is another issue that gets brought up alot, if you dont tailgate then one is easily able to see oncoming traffic past the right side of the leading vehicle.

So conculsion am I glad I did it? Yes Would I do it again? Yes. I will most likely be doing it to my Q45 before to long. Should you do it? If your gonna argue these stupid points with out no first hand experience then... NO!

godzillarb
04-17-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm glad you like it man, but time is money so it still cost you even if you didn't pay anything out of pocket.

theicecreamdan
04-17-2007, 12:39 PM
If you're worried about whether your "dominant" hand is steering, or shifting, then you need to work on coordination. If after a week of driving LHD your left hand can't handle the simple task of holding the steering wheel steady then your brain is not competent enough to handle driving in general. Shifting is a more complicated movement than steering is. My left hand sucks at any sort of coordinated task, but it does great at steering in any situation that only needs one hand to steer.

Its stupid because the highway system in the United States is built for LHD cars. When you're driving on a narrow road, look at where you are concentrating to make sure you're in your own lane. If you're in a RHD car and checking the white lines on the right side of the road then you are not concentrating on where other cars are going to be. Ever drive on 2 lane roads and feel like passing the truck, old person, slow CHP car. Have fun pulling out in front of another semi truck and testing your "structural dexterity."

The only good thing about RHD is not being able to go to drive thrus by your self. The worst consequence you people can come up with is being forced to eat healthier?

I'm not saying that everybody with RHD sucks or isn't cool. I just don't feel like listening to everybody's rationalizations that they use to justify the conversion. "I wanted to" is all you need.

axiomatik
04-17-2007, 01:34 PM
pointless waste of time and money. that is all.

Just yesterday I looked at the car in the lane next to me and it was a RHD Cherokee. Must have been an old postal truck.

theicecreamdan
04-17-2007, 01:44 PM
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/6089/structuraldexteritywn2.jpg

I couldn't find very many structures that had a lot of dexterity, so I made one.

Slip&Sliden 240
04-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Ever drive on 2 lane roads and feel like passing the truck, old person, slow CHP car. Have fun pulling out in front of another semi truck and testing your "structural dexterity."

If you have taken the time to read the rest of the thread you would see where I got that rediculous term "structural dexterity" Now if you would have also taken the time to read my whole response, you would see where I described the correct way to approach the situation you just mentioned.

Passing is another issue that gets brought up alot, if you dont tailgate then one is easily able to see oncoming traffic past the right side of the leading vehicle.

pointless waste of time and money. that is all.

read the thread before you respond. If the you cant afford the wire and gas for a welder then like I stated above you need a new hobby. Now time yea it takes time, so if one enjoys working on cars then whats the loss in spending quaillty time working on your car?

In the end the only reason I did it WAS because I wanted to. Im now typing these justifications because society lacks the maturity to accept something different.

bamaboy
04-17-2007, 08:26 PM
that conversion would be simply for show. I personally think that would be a waste of time, money, and the natural resources it would take to ship that shit over here.

bardabe
04-17-2007, 08:48 PM
I daily Drive a RHD Converted car. I don;t see what;s wrong with it other than being a bitch to go throught eh Drive through backwards. its amusing butyes after a while it gets old. it's personal preference. I have RB, im going RB26 soon. that was the main intent / excuse.

Brian
04-17-2007, 10:13 PM
I can't believe what lazy piles oh shit you guys are complaining about difficulties in drive thrus. (yeah thrus because they spell it that way)

Try getting out of the car and walking.

oh edit: sorry, that was crude.... but I'm leaving it.

SimpleSexy180
04-17-2007, 10:18 PM
DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneoneone

because well...rhd is better.

qwikspool
04-17-2007, 10:52 PM
nah, i wouldnt drive one in here because everything is on the left side.

SimpleSexy180
04-17-2007, 11:48 PM
what dah heeeyal? who would drive one IN ZILVIA?

AN89HATCH
04-17-2007, 11:57 PM
I think rhd is cool.

I dont see how you guys can argue rhd is looks only, when most guys that spend 2+ g's on "jdm wheels" never even go to track to use them. Same goes for the guys with the body kits. But I guess it is different when you have hard wheels for looks, or the kits?? I do not think every one wants performance only. If so all cars will look the same. Also whats the point; especially living in california?? I do not want to go to the state ref every week. I would go rhd since I do not want to deal with the poilce for an illegal motor or modds.

Slip&Sliden 240
04-17-2007, 11:58 PM
that conversion would be simply for show. I personally think that would be a waste of time, money, and the natural resources it would take to ship that shit over here.

If you are going to continue arguing this stupidety then choose a new point. Those have all been covered to many times. The natural resources statement now there is something new... I guess when my sr's were sent over then that was a waste also? You must be one of those KA boys.:ghey:

not hating on the KA guys, some people have their own preferences I can respect that.

DoriftoPnoy
04-18-2007, 12:12 AM
haha rhd is mad tyte jdm yo!

imho its pointless...

DRavenS13
04-18-2007, 02:45 AM
What does it matter? Everyone has their own POV of what they want their car to look like.

ThatGuy
04-18-2007, 04:14 AM
The thread starter asked for opinions. If he had his own point of view, he wouldn't need us to tell him anything.

topsecretgold
04-18-2007, 05:09 AM
definately would only drive factory rhd...safer that way

opponheimer
04-18-2007, 05:31 AM
:hammer: u lose at reading. i never said "converted" i said "covered." like in the LV fabric. id still do the rhd conversion cuz i think its a head turner.

woops my bad

axiomatik
04-18-2007, 07:28 AM
read the thread before you respond. If the you cant afford the wire and gas for a welder then like I stated above you need a new hobby.

oh, I read the whole thread. And who said anything about affording welding supplies? In my opinion, even the small amount of money spent on wire and gas to do a conversion is a waste. I think it's just a stupid attempt to shout "HEY!!! LOOK AT ME!!!!!" like painting your car flourescent green or installing LED windshield washers.

However, I don't know why you feel the need to continually defend your position to everyone. You've already stated that for some bizarre reason, you think it's cool. You are not going to change anyone's mind. If they think it's dumb, your arguments won't convince them otherwise.

bardabe
04-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Alright let's stop arguying here. we all know better than this (specially us) so just get it downt o the point

it realy comes down to personal opinion, some ike it some don't its pointless to argue. because like brindley said. your statements wont change other's opinions.

mRclARK1
04-18-2007, 11:07 AM
IMHO if you want RHD, and you own a LHD car. Sell it and buy a RHD. You can in no way make an arguement that RHD improves performance any over LHD. So it's all about looks, and that's a lot of work just for a "JDM" look. And when it comes down to it, a USDM 240 with a silvia conversion, RHD conversion and SR swap... is still a USDM 240.

If you're that concerned about looking JDM, why not just buy the real thing?

Again though, to each there own...

iPurple_Misfit!
04-18-2007, 11:21 AM
So true. I like the look of RHD 240's but i have no arguements for LHD cars.Just as nice. But plus side on RHD cars-Rodeo Donuts.Hahahaha

Alright let's stop arguying here. we all know better than this (specially us) so just get it downt o the point

it realy comes down to personal opinion, some ike it some don't its pointless to argue. because like brindley said. your statements wont change other's opinions.

sleepy_s13
04-18-2007, 11:28 AM
So true. I like the look of RHD 240's but i have no arguements for LHD cars.Just as nice. But plus side on RHD cars-Rodeo Donuts.Hahahaha
LOL. So all there good for is "rodeo donuts" shit, everyone do that on the left hand side of the car. they are also good for when you go to an "in n out" drive thru and the pay window is on the right:duh:

iPurple_Misfit!
04-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Not saying RHD is just for rodeo donuts! just saying its easier than smashing your sack on a LHD car. You of all people should know that Josh.:fruit:

LOL. So all there good for is "rodeo donuts" shit, everyone do that on the left hand side of the car. they are also good for when you go to an "in n out" drive thru and the pay window is on the right:duh:

opticfilms
04-18-2007, 02:52 PM
josh in and out your fat

iPurple_Misfit!
04-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Hahahahaha, i was thinking the same thing, just didnt say it!!!!

josh in and out your fat

UfoZ8myCow
04-18-2007, 11:09 PM
I wonder if people in Japan on their forums argue about converting their Silvias to LHD ever? :keke:

sleepy_s13
04-18-2007, 11:15 PM
josh in and out your fat
I was hungry at the time :fawk:

bamaboy
04-19-2007, 06:02 PM
If you are going to continue arguing this stupidety then choose a new point. Those have all been covered to many times. The natural resources statement now there is something new... I guess when my sr's were sent over then that was a waste also? You must be one of those KA boys.:ghey:

not hating on the KA guys, some people have their own preferences I can respect that.

hmmm.... I missed the part where I mentioned anything about a motor. I think I was commenting on the idea of doing a RHD conversion, but then again I'm arguing with this stupidity (<<<notice the correct spelling). Also, I guess I missed the year when 350Zs came with KAs. I really wish I could have gotten one of those.

next time please use some tact when deciding who you want to try and insult.

Farzam
04-19-2007, 06:11 PM
It's personal preference.

You guys need to shut the fuck up, whiny bitches.

It's completely pointless to modify an economy vehicle, but people do it anyways.

It's pointless to waste money on a car that'll just lose value, but it happens anyways.

FUCKKKKK.

chlatboy
04-20-2007, 12:31 PM
well if it comes on your front clip mite as well.

And Farzam is right about waste money on a car that will become useless. At least we enjoy what we do. But yea, RHD if you got the parts go for it.

SimpleSexy180
04-20-2007, 01:49 PM
You can in no way make an arguement that RHD improves performance any over LHD. .

why are they better drivers g damnit.

bardabe
04-21-2007, 12:14 AM
he he yeah I do drive better in RHD.... is that just me?

cleantune
11-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Right hand drive is convinient for JDM engine swaps, but I like driving on the left side: better for left corner drifts : )

axiomatik
11-14-2007, 12:14 PM
hey, I recognize that interior. I've got the same one in my '98 jeep cherokee.

jesuchristo
11-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Converting to RHD is for people who line their engine bay with carbon fiber.

:ghey:

steve shadows
11-14-2007, 12:21 PM
i think its fucking gaytarded

jackjack
11-14-2007, 12:22 PM
i'd rock the shit out of it. gea.

luisgonz
11-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah I got carbon fiber coming out of my ass. LOL hahaha

used240sxparts
11-14-2007, 12:32 PM
I have a 1998 180sx and its not bad... for the people complaining about drive thrus and tolls blah blah blah its easy, just have a sun pass for tolls and keep a friend in the car to pass you your food... duh. or lean over it isnt to hard!

on a side note I wouldnt convert a lhd to rhd...

luisgonz
11-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Most people wouldn't convert one, Because they cant get all the parts. Its going to lookall fucked up. But each to there own.
Enough of this old ass thread....:lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: