PDA

View Full Version : Help me Help you! T shirt thread

chlatboy
04-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey everyone, Ive been thinking about this for a while now and I wanna get something set up. I want to get your input on some T shirt designs. If i get enough support, I would like to get some T shirts made with the design or logo or what not that the community of zilvia has come up with.

The plan here is to let the end user show off their skills as well as allowing the community to pick which designs they like the best. I would like the designs to be either one color or two. This will keep the price of the t shirts down. Shirts will range from 20-30 bucks. I really want it to be under 25. I guess we can make this someone of a contest. Winner of the shirt being printed out will receive a free shirt. After the designs are submitted. I will make a poll asking the community which t shirt they would buy and what not.

I really dont konw how well this will go but i might as well give it a shot. To the moderators, if this picks up I will become an advertiser. Once I get my money back from this investment, I will be giving zilvia a break of any further profit i get. This would be a thank you gift back to the community if things work out.

So please PM me with any design you may have that you may be interested in seeing on a tshirt.

A Spec Products
04-14-2007, 11:50 PM
You should come up with your OWN design and make your OWN shirt, then become an advertiser and sell your OWN shirt.

Otherwise then you are just playing middle man.

And really man, foos who sell car shirts for like $30 bucks need to stop tripping, cause this is not a boutique, and a screenprinted tee has no justification being that high, unless it is a real brand.

eastcoastS14
04-15-2007, 12:30 AM
^^ agreed do ur own designs...time for you to start playin around with adobe illustrator

chlatboy
04-15-2007, 12:41 AM
yea, ill be designing some stuff too. I just wanna see if there is a market for designing your own T shirt. Mite as well try it out. And I not really sure on pricing yet at this point. I do not have my own machine to do this stuff so I'm just getting quotes from ppl who do have the machine. Sorry if this angers anyone, just seeing what interest there is.

chmercer
04-15-2007, 01:03 PM
please buy a metropark shirt or something and copy the design. i would prefer to wear a metropark shirt instead of a shirt that has something to do with zilvia

kyoru
04-15-2007, 01:45 PM
You should come up with your OWN design and make your OWN shirt, then become an advertiser and sell your OWN shirt.

Otherwise then you are just playing middle man.

And really man, foos who sell car shirts for like $30 bucks need to stop tripping, cause this is not a boutique, and a screenprinted tee has no justification being that high, unless it is a real brand.

Hi A Spec don't wanna start a fight or anything but as a t-shirt business that sells shirts for $30 i had to jump in. $30 bucks a shirt is far from boutique prices, depending on the quality of t-shirt used and the method of printing used the price range can vary very very differently from $20 to $30. even with screen printing, the number of colors and number of sides printed on greatly affect the price, plus take in the account of lower quantities of shirts printed = greater cost of getting the shirt done. sorry to butt in like that.

azndoc
04-16-2007, 11:34 AM
^^^^ uh... don't know how wise that was....... but hopefully Logan doesn't take offense to that. GL

ManoNegra
04-16-2007, 11:38 AM
blah blah blah.. what ever happened to the Zilvia pit shirts is what I want to know?

'90RPS13
04-16-2007, 11:46 AM
^~~~EXACTLY. Thats what I am talking about. Anyone?

I would be down for a couple black and white Zilvia shirts. Would have to be pimp though. No caracter shit. So pit T-Shirts would be gnarls.

chlatboy
04-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Hahaha. Sorry if this thread starts controversy. Mano ill see what i can do with the zilvia pit shirts. How about people just state what they want on the shirt and i will design it.

ls180sx
04-16-2007, 11:53 AM
You need to find a new company to print your shirts if it cost $30 a shirt. Like logan said, that is boutique prices. I'd rather rock a acrylick shirt with tons of colors with huge designs that cover the whole shirt then something with a picture of a car the size of a peice of paper.

'90RPS13
04-16-2007, 11:56 AM
I dont care what you put on it. Something to rep zilvia would be kosher with me. I will think up some designs tongiht and send them over to you.

Brian
04-16-2007, 12:10 PM
I make my shirts and sell them for $5.

Suck me like a three finger salami sandwich, son.

chlatboy
04-16-2007, 12:14 PM
hahaha. Dont worry guys, on a serious note, t shirts will probably be under 25 bucks. I just said 30 because i didnt have a real quote yet. And brian. You still down to get the kit? What about a zilvia premie shirt? I think i need to make that.

Brian
04-16-2007, 12:15 PM
kit - yes I am.

chmercer
04-16-2007, 02:31 PM
anything more than 15 before shipping is fucking ridiculous for a junk ass hanes screen printed car shirt

ls180sx
04-16-2007, 03:02 PM
^ werd, screen printing is cheap if you find the right places. I know a local place that does 5 colors up to 20x20 for 10 a shirt

FaLKoN240
04-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Hi A Spec don't wanna start a fight or anything but as a t-shirt business that sells shirts for $30 i had to jump in. $30 bucks a shirt is far from boutique prices, depending on the quality of t-shirt used and the method of printing used the price range can vary very very differently from $20 to $30. even with screen printing, the number of colors and number of sides printed on greatly affect the price, plus take in the account of lower quantities of shirts printed = greater cost of getting the shirt done. sorry to butt in like that.

On the real, I would totally bag one of your shirts if it was say half the price.

What you're charging IS boutique pricing. I just recently bought a DIAMOND supply co. tee for $30.

But along with that shirt I bought a name that some if not most urban clothing heads would be familiar with.

If I rocked a random car shirt and told people I bought it for $30 they'd be like, wtf, why don't you just buy shirts 3 for $30 at your local drift event.

sky53line
04-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Heres a T shirt that we could try out

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/slidewayz240sx/white-t-shirt-lrg-736192copy.jpg

azndoc
04-16-2007, 04:56 PM
^^^^ i like that one alot. Do that and I'll buy one for sure.

kyoru
04-16-2007, 06:27 PM
On the real, I would totally bag one of your shirts if it was say half the price.

What you're charging IS boutique pricing. I just recently bought a DIAMOND supply co. tee for $30.

But along with that shirt I bought a name that some if not most urban clothing heads would be familiar with.

If I rocked a random car shirt and told people I bought it for $30 they'd be like, wtf, why don't you just buy shirts 3 for $30 at your local drift event.

totally understand where you are coming from, i cannot really justify the price until people see the product in real life, which is the downer. plus i'm not sure how cheap diamond supply co. started of with their shirts. i thought you guys meant prices companred to brands like diesel and energie.

chmercer
04-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Heres a T shirt that we could try out

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/slidewayz240sx/white-t-shirt-lrg-736192copy.jpg

would you people seriously wear that instead of like a plain white tshirt, i mean, man that is lameo

sorry i have nothing to add to this thread except haterade

Helghast
04-17-2007, 12:51 AM
Nothing gayer than wearing a car shirt.
Unless it's a forum shirt or a band shirt.

I think I'll stick with my threadless and orisue.

KTHXBI.

yokotas13
04-17-2007, 01:49 AM
when i can buy a Volcom/quicksilver/etc etc shirft for 30 bucks
and i know it costs dirt cheap to buy shirts (3 each normally) and for a place to make 20 of them with a 2 color design (5 a piece)

it doesnet justify the 30.00

chmercer
04-17-2007, 09:22 AM
express tshirts are 14.99, and its like, express. and not american apparel with a plastic graphic.

PBucch
04-17-2007, 09:28 AM
^^^^ uh... don't know how wise that was....... but hopefully Logan doesn't take offense to that. GL

Thats a fucking dumb thing to say, hes not some fucking animal. Some of you guys are rediculous, grow up Grover Dill.