PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder the movie

opponheimer
04-14-2007, 08:56 AM
What will you do?

... Kill as many as I can...

http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/premiere_photo/20050906/10/385035406.jpg

Saw this movie the other night, it absolutely sucked, totally predictable and cheesy as all hell. There were so many points in this movie where Karl Urban had his eyes squinted and his lips puckered just like Brad Pitt in Troy, it made me sick.

My major complaint, and if you guys see this movie, you will agree with me too, half the action scenes are almost impossible to make out because of all the gloom and dark armor. There were so many times when I didn't know when who got stabbed with what. Then this movie used slow-motion for every death blow, which also sucked... they took the slow mo way too far.

Then the avalanche scene... You know that video clip of the avalanche coming down a mountain slope with a bunch of pine trees? Everyone's seen it, its been in every "Wild Disaster" tv show ever..... Well they chopped that in as the avalanche that kills all the bad guys.

So somehow the main character Karl Urban falls in a freezing lake, and swims around like Ariel from a little mermaid for five minutes under the ice, then jumps out and proceeds to walk 20 some miles to a mountain where he somehow lives through an avalanche, and my friend put it best:

"He came hobbling back to the village like the dog from homeward bound." And everyone lived happily ever after in their little wigwams.

Anyways, i really wish i spent my money on shooter or disturbia, i wouldn't recommend seeing this movie guys!

(Sorry for ruining it for any of you)

20 til 3
04-14-2007, 11:29 AM
hmm, maybe i wont go see it tonight... i hate movies like that

opponheimer
04-14-2007, 11:58 AM
wise choice my friend

mRclARK1
04-14-2007, 12:00 PM
It looked cheesy to me from the moment I saw any previews. Not to mention the lead is played by a horrible actor IMHO. lol

opponheimer
04-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Careful,. you may hurt his feelings

oh yeah here is the imdb movie review for anybody considering going to see it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446013/usercomments?start=10

My Favorite:

This movie was very inspiring, 30 March 2007
1/10
Author: hensocr from United States

*** This comment may contain spoilers ***

This movie really inspired me to find whoever made this movie and kill them. Let me just lay out what you need to know about this movie. An Indian woman stumbles upon a young viking child who was abandoned by his dad for not killing some Indian children. As he grows older, he somehow becomes an excellent swordsman while the rest of the Indians don't know what a sword is. Then, after the vikings return to kill his tribe, he decides that he is going to "kill as many of them as he can"..."there will be no afterwards".

LB.Motoring
04-14-2007, 12:21 PM
You couldnt tell it sucked just by the previews lol,

Wait, Maybe it will suck soo bad it will be good?

Im Ron Burgandy?

eastcoastS14
04-14-2007, 01:09 PM
ha saving my money to go see blades of glory lol...and yeah seriously, there is nothing about pathfinder preview that makes that movie look remotely decent lol

lol and i think ill stay away from shooter and disturbia too...shooter is bourne identity starring mark walberg, they even bit that "ill bring the fight to their door step" line...and disturbia is like a rip off of the simpsons episode when bart thinks flanders kills his wife lol

ThatGuy
04-14-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm not worried about seeing ANY movies until May 25th. POTC: AWE :rawk:

Everything else I can wait until it hit's Pay Per View. Pathfinder doesn't look a movie I'd watch even if it was free.

opponheimer
04-14-2007, 01:15 PM
28 weeks later looks like its going to be good... I loved 28daysl8r!

swift_style
04-14-2007, 04:07 PM
will the preview for Pathfinder wasn't too persuading, so i'm still debating on it.

diomedes
04-14-2007, 05:18 PM
ha saving my money to go see blades of glory lol...and yeah seriously, there is nothing about pathfinder preview that makes that movie look remotely decent lol

lol and i think ill stay away from shooter and disturbia too...shooter is bourne identity starring mark walberg, they even bit that "ill bring the fight to their door step" line...and disturbia is like a rip off of the simpsons episode when bart thinks flanders kills his wife lol
lol... so true. And I like how you caught Disturbia being the same as The Simpsons.

unwed_transient
04-14-2007, 06:02 PM
has karl urban ever done a decent movie?

i'm glad i nixxed the idea early. saved 7.50.

azanprophet
04-14-2007, 10:01 PM
That Simpsons episode is actually a rip off of an old Twilight Zone episode with the exact same story. So if you think about it Disturbia is a rip off of a rip off.

ThatGuy
04-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Disturbia and The Simpson's both ripped off Alfred Hitchcock's The Rear Window.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047396/

This conclude's our Cinema History class.

S14DB
04-15-2007, 07:48 AM
oh, like any teen has seen rear window.

300, Pathfinder, 300, Pathfinder, 300, Pathfinder, 300, Pathfinder, 300, Pathfinder, 300, Pathfinder, 300, Pathfinder, 300, Pathfinder...

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

BC240
04-15-2007, 05:14 PM
I really hate that guy, I hate his face

ManoNegra
04-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Not surprised. Pathfinder was slated to be released almost a year ago. Never a good sign when a movie's release dates gets pushed back a few times.... Ghostrider *cough*.