PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoffs

RJF
04-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Well, after going 15-2-2 over the last 19 games my team came up 1 point short of making the playoffs, so for the duration of the season I'm rooting for the team that we lost to on Saturday night eliminating us.

Who are you all rooting for?

BTW, Detroit is going to kill Calgary. :D

s13speeddrft
04-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Well personally the Avalanche are my favorite team, but since they did not make it i will have to root for minnesota Wild as my nest choice.

kouki_s14
04-09-2007, 11:14 PM
it kind of seems like hockey is dying out, is it me or no on really noticed that NHL players went on strike for like 300 days

BC240
04-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Hockey is better then ever in my opinion, if other people don't like it thats fine. Players are still making tens of million dollars and where I live my Arena has been sold out every game for years.

I think my Canucks have a very good shot with Luongo in net. They just need Naslund to wake up and a bit of help from the 4th liners like Burrows and Bulis who are generally useless.

Needless to say, I can't wait till wednesday

Agent_S13
04-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Well, after going 15-2-2 over the last 19 games my team came up 1 point short of making the playoffs, so for the duration of the season I'm rooting for the team that we lost to on Saturday night eliminating us.

So if San Jose takes out Nashville, will you change your signature? :bigok:

-Aaron
'91 240sx coupe

keroto
04-10-2007, 01:07 PM
not really fans of the NHL

Wahl 136
04-10-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm a Sens fan but you have to respect the Sabres this year. Especially against the Islanders in the first round.

sbanzer123
04-10-2007, 02:40 PM
i got high hopes for the sabres this year. ive been a fan my whole life and this year really seems like the one that they could take it home. they have the talent and all there injured players are back in the lineup again.

RJF
04-10-2007, 10:18 PM
So if San Jose takes out Nashville, will you change your signature? :bigok:

No chance that San Jose will beat Nashville, but in the off chance they do, I'll consider it.

Only team I won't root for during this years playoffs are the Calgary Lames :rl:

I think my Canucks have a very good shot with Luongo in net. They just need Naslund to wake up and a bit of help from the 4th liners like Burrows and Bulis who are generally useless.

Granted Luongo is good, but any team with an 8' goaltender would win. :D

I think the Canucks don't have the offensive depth to go deep into the playoffs. If the Dallas defense can shutdown the Twins, the Canucks are going to have problems.

it kind of seems like hockey is dying out, is it me or no on really noticed that NHL players went on strike for like 300 days

Aren't the LA Kings still on strike? :)

240Driver39
04-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Sigh...flyers...still havent decided who i'd want to root for in the playoffs this year..just hoping for some good hockey to watch

Wahl 136
04-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Did anyone have a chance to see the Penguins get whooped on by the Sens tonight? You know it's bad with Neil gets a break away and scores.... :tweak:

punkz
04-12-2007, 01:22 AM
The Avs are my team, so it's tough to see the not in the playoffs this year :( There's a lot of teams I wouldn't mind seeing make it through, and as long as Detroit or Dallas are not hoisting the cup at the end I'll be happy.

RJF
04-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Well, I'm 0-2 on picking teams so far this season. I might have to go back to my roots and support the Rangers, since I grew up in NYC.

Matej
04-21-2007, 08:41 PM

Who are you all rooting for?

BTW, Detroit is going to kill Calgary. :D
Are you a fan of a team, or do you play for a team?

Hockey and football (as in soccer) are the only real team sports. :)

Agent_S13
04-22-2007, 06:02 PM
No chance that San Jose will beat Nashville, but in the off chance they do, I'll consider it.

Well I was going to ask you to change your pic to a Sharks logo, but if you're 0-2, you might be bad luck! :bigok:

J/K...

I just hope the 2nd round is much cleaner... watching the end of the Calgary/Detroit game.... not cool.

Nashville and San Jose also had their share of ugliness too with "questionable hits" -- but that's all a matter of perspective and its already over.

Sad to say, I don't keep much track of the Eastern Conference, but Atlanta didn't even show up.

I think if San Jose plays the same way they did in Game 3/4, clean hits all 3 periods, cycling, grinding/fighting for loose pucks, and rolling their 4 lines, then they can beat anyone.

-Aaron
'91 240sx coupe

P.S. I don't think the Bay Area has had both local hockey and basketball teams (Warriors) in the playoffs at the same time.... EVER. Haha

Wahl 136
04-23-2007, 10:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmMgUZBusHs

Video replay of the Flames taking cheap shots on Detroit. I didn't get to catch the game on center ice but as you can see it was pretty bad.

BC240
04-23-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm going to game 7 of the canucks-dallas series tonight! Canucks will win 3-2, no overtime. D. Sedin will get the winner.

pinkarrowsnow
04-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Lets go rangers, but hopefully vancouver wins tonight.

punkz
04-24-2007, 12:32 AM
The Stars are out and I'm happy, next up if the Sharks can play down the Red Wings like they did against the Preds it'll be nice to see.

In the east, the Sabres vs. the Rangers should be a good series but I believe Buffalo just might be a little to much for the Rangers. I hope the Ottawa pulls it out against New Jersey as well.

Wahl 136
04-24-2007, 06:54 AM
The Stars are out and I'm happy, next up if the Sharks can play down the Red Wings like they did against the Preds it'll be nice to see.

In the east, the Sabres vs. the Rangers should be a good series but I believe Buffalo just might be a little to much for the Rangers. I hope the Ottawa pulls it out against New Jersey as well.

The rangers are hot right now, so I think your right the series should be interesting. I have mixed feelings about the Sens and Devils. I think solid goaltending will be a huge part and Brodeur is way more consistant than Emery.