PDA

View Full Version : Apparently having TB is against the law now

Phlip
04-07-2007, 12:15 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17915965/wid/11915773?GT1=9303

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
04-07-2007, 12:26 PM
if he's not gonna wear his mask then fuck him. i wouldn't want him infecting my family. otherwise let him out in one of these for the rest of his life!
http://www.absoluteamusements.com/gamepic/inflatable/bubble_boy.jpg

chmercer
04-07-2007, 12:31 PM
hmm, kill him? hah

throttle body

Replicant_S14
04-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Wow! I love ethical dilemmas .....and that one is awesome.
http://web.grinnell.edu/resnet/new/images/biohazard.gif
It's also lovely to learn that there's a new, virtually untreatable form of TB. If it goes pandemic, I'm going to take up smoking again (because I miss it).

Phlip
04-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Jason, weren't you dying of ball cancer already?

Matej
04-07-2007, 01:39 PM
My mom was vaccinated against TB as a kid in Europe, and the vaccination causes TB tests to come out positive, so when she was tested for it last year they thought she had it, and they treated her like an animal and made her take all kinds of cancerous pills, until my dad had proof sent from her old hospital.

fliprayzin240sx
04-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Shiet most filipinos will test positive for TB if you've been back in Philippines. There no real cure for TB, all you can do is keep it dormant and under control. I had to take INH medication, all it does is encase the TB germs in a calcium coffin. If i ever get sick enough that my immune system goes to poo, theres a chance that TB will kill me.

Phlip
04-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Shiet most filipinos will test positive for TB if you've been back in Philippines. There no real cure for TB, all you can do is keep it dormant and under control. I had to take INH medication, all it does is encase the TB germs in a calcium coffin. If i ever get sick enough that my immune system goes to poo, theres a chance that TB will kill me.
Then I guess it is a good thing you're married now, you won't get the AIDS.

mrmephistopheles
04-07-2007, 03:05 PM

:rant: Filipinos! :rant:

:keke:

:love: Ray :love:

..and on that note, I'm on the very last week of my INH regimen. YAY me.

unwed_transient
04-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Then I guess it is a good thing you're married now, you won't get the AIDS.
that's still no guarantee.

Phlip
04-07-2007, 03:35 PM
that's still no guarantee.
It is a good enough slimming of the chances, which is about the best anyone can hope for nowadays.

Farzam
04-07-2007, 05:25 PM
This is a scary world.

midnight zenki
04-07-2007, 05:33 PM
This is just like Typhoid Mary. If the guy won't actively take steps to protect other he is knowingly endangering others. Isolate this fool until we can implant some sort of filter that he can't rip out so that his irresponsible ass can't expose anyone else.

articdragon192
04-08-2007, 02:46 AM
I had that TB process too. Yay for no more TB exams.

Replicant_S14
04-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Jason, weren't you dying of ball cancer already?

Nah, I only have it on the one. The other four are fine.

azndoc
04-08-2007, 05:51 PM
I had to take INH because I tested positive for PPD which was due to the fact that I had the vaccination when I was little in Taiwan. Yeah taking INH everyday for six months sucked. They told me not to drink alcohol while I was on it and one night I did. Wow never been sicker and felt like poop for the next day or two. Don't miss that moment in my life.

Tenchuu
04-08-2007, 06:22 PM
The VA decided that i wasn't "100% positive" after quasi positive results from the PPD, and the anti-alergenic PPD tests. left scars and a pig red spot, but i thiink that they just diddn't wasnt to treat me.
But then again i had 3 prior regular PPD tests that had no results before i came back from Iraq.

Who wants TB?

eastcoastS14
04-08-2007, 07:33 PM
that story disgusts me...we are not communist Russia. I mean i guess i can see the need to quarantine this guy if he really is that much of a health threat, but give me a break no contact with his family,TV, phone, computer or even a mirror? for godsake they wont even let the guy take a shower....you gotta be kiddin me even ppl in maximum security prisons for killing their whole families get to watch TV and shower (even if it is the last shower youd ever wanna take) this guy already has an untreatable disease im sure is life is bad enough without being locked in a prison...hes sick not a criminal, and hes a human being not cattle. Seriously this story has Orsen Wells 1984 written all over it, whats next imprisoning ppl with AIDS? we'll be loading ppl onto trains before you know it