PDA

View Full Version : Gindhouse - Nuff Said

ManoNegra
04-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Anyone catch it last night?
Those fake previews and trailers ruled! MACHETE!!
Awsome take on the zombie genre with Planet Terror and even Fergie couldn't f**k it up - the payout from her character was gnarly. Rose's peg legged bad-ass character... wow
Death Proof was a bit cornier and the lesser of the two films imo but Kurt Russell as Stuntman Mike ruled.

First 300 and then TMNT followed by Blades of Glory.. and now Grindhouse. Gotta say 2007 movies haven't dissapointed so far and with Spiderman and Transformers soon to come...

smokins14
04-07-2007, 11:57 AM
I didn't see it but I think it looks like the stupidest thing ever. Definately won't waste $9 to go see it.

santacruisin
04-07-2007, 12:05 PM
^^^you just can't appreciate fine cinema. I can't wait to see it.

SNC240SX
04-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the review. Ill most likely go see it today. Any movie that Fergie with all her failure cant ruin has to be awesome.

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
04-07-2007, 12:29 PM
i wanna see the movie but what failure are you talking about?
http://thebosh.com/upload/2007/04/02/Fergie.jpg

ManoNegra
04-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Don't want to give away spoilers so I won't go into details.
I'm not a fan of Black Eyed Peas nor Fergie music wise so I wasn't too pleased knowing she had a part in Planet Terror but after seeing it I'm actually glad.
Think Drew Barrymore in Scream.

Helghast
04-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Fergie fails in the face department.
Go ahead, stare closer.
It's as detailed as a baseball glove.

Irukandji
04-07-2007, 04:00 PM
butterface .

theicecreamdan
04-07-2007, 05:01 PM
i wanna see the movie but what failure are you talking about?
http://thebosh.com/upload/2007/04/02/Fergie.jpg

those abs... mmmm

midnight zenki
04-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah her face is jacked, probably from the meth back in the day:aw:

eastcoastS14
04-07-2007, 05:40 PM
:tweak: i am convinced youre all smoking crack shes possibly one of the hottest celebs body and face she has that ill fuck you up badass bitch look rather than that pretty girl hollywood look so fuckin sexy... girls with attitude FTW makes shit interesting no quiet salad eatin bitches for me lol

kdashy
04-07-2007, 06:00 PM
:tweak: i am convinced youre all smoking crack shes possibly one of the hottest celebs body and face she has that ill fuck you up badass bitch look rather than that pretty girl hollywood look so fuckin sexy... girls with attitude FTW makes shit interesting no quiet salad eatin bitches for me lol

I had to read this 6 times.

Twice to figure out what was said. Four times because of its absudity.

True story.

I probably wont be watching this movie.

LB.Motoring
04-07-2007, 06:03 PM
those abs... mmmm

damnit,

according to this i have girl abs. :keke:

ManoNegra
04-07-2007, 06:08 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LB.Motoring again.

lol...

Can't believe people are passing on this movie. This one is up there with 300, not in theme or style but in that also a rad (yeah, I'm down with the 80s) guys movie.

BOROSUN
04-07-2007, 06:14 PM
rose mcgowan is hot, thats why i watch charmed sometimes.

SNC240SX
04-07-2007, 08:48 PM
I had to read this 6 times.

Twice to figure out what was said. Four times because of its absudity.

True story.

I probably wont be watching this movie.

I second. And Fergies body is good but the face.......and her singing makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

P.S Kdashy youll see this movie wether you want to or not!!:axe:

Brian
04-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Awesome "movie"
movies..?

SUPER long!!!

ManoNegra
04-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah, 3 hours was a bit long but I honestly didn't feel it.

SimpleSexy180
04-08-2007, 12:12 PM
what movie is GINDhouse? lol.

EvilRB
04-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Fergie + Paper Bag = Problem solved!

devonkyle77
04-08-2007, 05:27 PM
i have yet to see blades of glory. pam from the office looks pretty hot in it, judging by commercials. lol

FaLKoN240
04-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Saw it last night.

2 girls that I formally had no attraction to I now like.

Rose and Fergie.

Mmmm hmm.

s13gold
04-08-2007, 09:31 PM
butterface .
i second that!!!

Helghast
04-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Finally saw it on Saturday.

Machete MUST be made.
Planet Terror was better.
Machete MUST be made.

Dutchmalmiss
04-09-2007, 01:40 AM
i loved the "trailers" more than anything. although rose had one leg, she rocked it mighty finely haha! don't tell me you wouldn't HIT IT!!!!!

SiI40sx
04-09-2007, 01:29 PM
lol...

Can't believe people are passing on this movie. This one is up there with 300, not in theme or style but in that also a rad (yeah, I'm down with the 80s) guys movie.

most of us were born in the late 80's so yea maybe thats why we dont wanna see it

exitspeed
04-09-2007, 01:51 PM
(yeah, I'm down with the 80s) guys movie.

Werd. There was nothing better then a bad Van Damme, Bruce Willis, Arnold, Kurt Russell, Stallone action movie back in the day.

Unfortunately people seem to bee to sensitive for that shit today.

Remember Tango and Cash. Nothing but one liners. Great stuff.

Yuri
04-09-2007, 02:35 PM
I loved it. Especially Zoe, that Kiwi stuntwoman who played herself in Deathproof.
I am so going to buy a muscle car now, anyone want to buy my Supra? ;)

I really hope they end up making Werewolf Women of the SS! Nick Cage as Fu Manchu? YESS!

ManoNegra
04-09-2007, 03:55 PM
No! It's all about Machete Yuri! "They f**ked with the wrong Mexican..."

Dutchmalmiss
04-09-2007, 06:16 PM
"IF...YOU'RE....THINKING........OF.......OPENING... ..THIS......GATE...............DONT."

I wish they'd actually make films they made their trailers for haha!

And for "Thanksgiving", was it me or was that guy raping the turkey right at the end?!

swift_style
04-09-2007, 10:37 PM
damnit,

according to this i have girl abs. :keke:

lol!!! I just can't picture a guy with some sexy looking abs.

Yuri
04-10-2007, 10:41 AM
No! It's all about Machete Yuri! "They f**ked with the wrong Mexican..."
They're making "Machete."

!Zar!
04-10-2007, 11:00 AM
That movie was great. I loved how most of the people left out after the first half thinking it was over.

LOL. It would've been worth it even if it had be.

The trailers were win.

OMG.

So great. Not much I can say. Just see it.

Damn. I feel like watching it again.

I think I will.

Motherfucker was straight bangin the turkey hell yeah!
WHOOOOO!

FaLKoN240
04-10-2007, 11:09 AM

I think I will.

Let's watching again tonight with the less fortunate. :)

ManoNegra
04-10-2007, 04:58 PM
They're making "Machete."

Oh S**t! I'ts on!! (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985694/)

IMDB description claims the priest is being played by Benicio Del Toro but wasn't it Cheech Marin in the trailer? Regardless, can't wait.

If you hire him to take out the bad guys, make sure the bad guys aren't you!

A Spec Products
04-10-2007, 07:11 PM
I enjoyed Grindhouse.

It wasn't like a ZOMG this movie was soooo awesome kinda deal, but enjoyable and I'd probably watch again on DVD.

The commercials were dope tho. I want to see Machete.

kdashy
04-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Glad you guys liked it, cause it did a pathetic 11.5 million opening weekend.

See it before it goes to dvd or they split it until two movies.

But I wont be, this movie just doesn't look appealing. And it seems like many people agree.

Ghostdrifter
04-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Grindhouse is truly a man's cinema experience. If didn't see it or saw it and didn't like it, you're a pussy and a straight sissy boy.
End of story

Dutchmalmiss
04-11-2007, 01:42 AM
It didn't make much opening weekend because since it was such a long flick, there weren't that many showtimes throughtout the day = less sales.

SNC240SX
04-11-2007, 02:00 AM
Glad you guys liked it, cause it did a pathetic 11.5 million opening weekend.

See it before it goes to dvd or they split it until two movies.

But I wont be, this movie just doesn't look appealing. And it seems like many people agree.

You cant base everything on box office figures. Lots of great movies didnt do well in box offices and were still great films.

kdashy
04-11-2007, 02:16 AM
You cant base everything on box office figures. Lots of great movies didnt do well in box offices and were still great films.

Are you talking about cult films? Usually those films have little to no advertising, so nobody really knew about it. Or there just so bad they're good. Grindhouse has tons of media coverage, with all major actors hitting up every late night talk show.

SNC240SX
04-11-2007, 02:21 AM
Are you talking about cult films? Usually those films have little to no advertising, so nobody really knew about it. Or there just so bad they're good. Grindhouse has tons of media coverage, with all major actors hitting up every late night talk show.

Cult films are in that group but there are big hollywood movies as well. Children of Men i thought was a great movie but not successfull, and that movie had Clive Owen. And i never saw most of the actors for this movie before it actually came out. The week after it seemd people were making the circut which seemed odd. Almost like to little to late for good promotion for the movie.

FaLKoN240
04-11-2007, 02:44 AM
Kdashy sounds like you have some personal vendetta or you're reading into something that we have not seen.

I saw both movies and sat through the three and a half hours and enjoyed myself.

ixfxi
04-11-2007, 12:33 PM

like weekend at bernies..? :-)

SNC240SX
04-11-2007, 01:16 PM
^haha i cant think of a better example.

unwed_transient
04-11-2007, 10:43 PM
unfortunately, the best part was the previews.

the male lead in planet terror did a good job. he was much better in "harsh times". but i'm glad to see him getting work. rodriguez made the story watch-able. jeff fahey cracked me up.

tarantino needs to stop. death proof was absolutely awful. too much meaningless dialogue, super lame story, and the worst ending to a movie i've seen in a while. the stunts were great, but the movie was far too predictable.

unwed_transient
04-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Kdashy sounds like you have some personal vendetta or you're reading into something that we have not seen.

I saw both movies and sat through the three and a half hours and enjoyed myself.

the popularity of the cult/b movie scene really took off with pulp fiction, which is obvious.

these two movies were purposefully written to be crap, because it's hip.

it's the whole anti-establishment thing.

BOROSUN
04-12-2007, 01:54 AM
funny interview [email protected] yeah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JITvu6GpKOE

agh. i wish i can go see it but, its too long for my son to stay put and my wife doesnt get it with movie like this. so, its dvd for me.

g4tv they said they plan to split the movie in europe cause it was to long. its kind of too late to split it here (US). with length of time of the movie and easter holiday drew off appeal to ppl/families, so box office hit wasnt so great.

FaLKoN240
04-12-2007, 02:30 AM
funny interview [email protected] yeah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JITvu6GpKOE

agh. i wish i can go see it but, its too long for my son to stay put and my wife doesnt get it with movie like this. so, its dvd for me.

g4tv they said they plan to split the movie in europe cause it was to long. its kind of too late to split it here (US). with length of time of the movie and easter holiday drew off appeal to ppl/families, so box office hit wasnt so great.

If you took your kid to the first movie, I think you'd screw him/her up.

This movie really is only for adults.

I wouldn't take my girlfriend either, unless she said she was dying to go.

ManoNegra
04-12-2007, 11:55 AM

Tarantino was on KROQ today and said that aswell. Thanksgiving may possibly be done also.

A writer at work mentioned that Machete is going straight to video or could possibly be an extra on the DVD.

To reiterate/answer a previous post, box office does not equate to awsomeness... F&F made a shit load of money, so did Are We There Yet?, The Pacifier, and Happy Feet.

SimpleSexy180
04-12-2007, 01:50 PM
you didnt like happy feet? im goin to kick your ass. <3

BigVinnie
04-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanksgiving was hilarious!!!! I was down a couple of mini bottles of JACK, and 2 mini bottle of crown royale and almost threw up looking at the dead body on the dinner table with something stuck up the twat... Fucking great movies for sure.

The couples that were in front of us at the theater left from how disgusting it was. It was sooo good though I couldn't stop laughing!!!!

Sorry I'm the sick demented humor type, terantino film sucked ass though he needs to give up on the dialogue movie scripts bullshit, and Kurt Russel went out like a sore loser.....

n2n2i
04-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Glad you guys liked it, cause it did a pathetic 11.5 million opening weekend...

The reason it did so poorly is because this country is filled with a bunch of pansy ass metrosexuals that wouldn't know a good movie if it ran up to them and snatched away their gucci man purse.

Helghast
04-14-2007, 09:51 PM
are you the asshole that took my gucci Murse?

SNC240SX
04-14-2007, 09:55 PM
n2n2i i agree completly.

s13rookie
04-15-2007, 03:41 PM
they have to make a movie out of machete--Danny Trejo is the MAN!! tarantino dissapointed me this time though, i may have been expecting too much after planet terror though....

psychoblue23
04-15-2007, 05:54 PM
That movie was great. I loved how most of the people left out after the first half thinking it was over.

LOL. It would've been worth it even if it had be.

The trailers were win.

OMG.

So great. Not much I can say. Just see it.

I think I will.

Motherfucker was straight bangin the turkey hell yeah!
WHOOOOO!

I have yet to see it.. Lets go!

ManoNegra
04-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Did anyone else laugh when the kid blew his head in the car?

Neither, did I...

BustedS13
04-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Grindhouse is truly a man's cinema experience. If didn't see it or saw it and didn't like it, you're a pussy and a straight sissy boy.
End of story

quoted for truth. it's got zombies, boobs, and an amazing car chase with no CGI whatsoever. what else could you want? Zoe, the chick on the hood of the Challenger, was Uma Thurman's stunt double in Kill Bill. so yes, she did all her own stunts. and apparently, Kurt Russell did most of his own driving as well....

and did anybody notice that in a few scenes, they removed the rear windows from that civic hatch, so what's her face could stick her legs out the window?

ixfxi
04-16-2007, 11:17 PM
The reason it did so poorly is because this country is filled with a bunch of pansy ass metrosexuals that wouldn't know a good movie if it ran up to them and snatched away their gucci man purse.

true that.

the movie rocked, saw it sunday.. fuckin great.

i actually liked the tarantino movie more than i thought i would. the girls talking though, jesus.. really pushes my patience and makes me want them dead. the second set of bitches, also talked a lot.. but atleast made more sense. i still wanted them dead though. i honestly wish everyone died at the end of that movie.