PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Dunn competing in NOPI drift

whitefro
04-07-2007, 01:20 AM
i guess dunn is going to compete this year.
http://www.rightcoasttuners.com/flash/

unwed_transient
04-07-2007, 03:41 AM
this will turn out like hogan's attempt.

anything to revive a dying career huh?

sepulchral
04-07-2007, 09:10 AM
ryan dunn is pretty funny

i wish him the best

SilvStylin45s
04-07-2007, 10:02 AM
...and its a mustang. I wish that shops would spend less time/money supporting celebritys that are just looking for whats trendy and a quick amusement ride style fix, and spend more time/money searching for drivers at the lower ranks. The drivers that put their hard earned money and time into perfecting their own skills. Find a driver that has worked so hard and can absolutely drive the wheels right off of his busted car and pick him for your sponsored ride. If a driver can drive really well and compete/win with sub-par equipment, imagine what he could do with a sponsored, pro-built car. Im tired of seeing celebritys put in theese top-ranked, full-race teams and cars only to absolutely struggle and fall on their face. If they really want to be a part of the drift or even any race scene, buy your own car, compete in the smaller events, and work your way to the top. Its almost sickening how many absolutely amazing drivers go "un-noticed" but dont worry if a celebrity wants to drift we will just hand him a drift-spec car and see what he does. The novelty wears off after the first event and then what? Thats my rant for the day

04-07-2007, 12:33 PM
rustang :fruit:

PhilthyS13
04-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Everything Dunn does is a joke. Why would you think that this is any different? If he wraps the "sponsored, pro-built car" at least he will laugh about it instead of crying like Nick Hogan. Think about it: he got famous by getting pushed in a shopping cart into the bushes in CKY videos. And have you seen any CKY videos? All they do is trash cars. Usually rental ones.

And it's a business move. If they sponsored up-and-coming Joe Schmoe, we wouldn't 1) be talking about it right now and 2) visit their website. Mission accomplished.

Frosty_spl
04-07-2007, 05:36 PM
I haven't heard of him being seen at any prelims or the first round of the season.

Full-Lock
04-07-2007, 05:40 PM
he is a licensed scca driver and drove for over 6 years w/ bimmerworks racing

from what ive heard he is real into cars, specifically bmws

04-07-2007, 05:49 PM
^Yup. That's why I am kinda confused that he went with a mustang.

drift-it
04-07-2007, 06:22 PM
lol
l;aksdjf;ladkfj;adlskfj

S13-Silvia
04-07-2007, 07:00 PM
I remember when Bam Margera fucked his his nice sport bike on that show.

Farzam
04-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Ryan Dunn races man...

Quit assuming cause he's famous that he's an attention whore.

You're worse than them.

On that note I met him once and he was cool.

sepulchral
04-08-2007, 11:52 AM
and he put a toy car up his ass

unwed_transient
04-08-2007, 05:00 PM
and there was that....

tim allen races too.

should he be given a turn-key drift car?

i don't know, i could see the amatuers being a little pissed. it probably won't go anywhere.

azndoc
04-08-2007, 05:48 PM
I think he is a pretty funny guy even if he does ride other people coattails alot. I think that if those particular companies want to give him a car and sponsor him that's good for him. If his choice. Who knows he might actually do good. I mean I don't think anyone on here would turn down a full sponsorship and car to drive in a drift series. You would be stupid to do so. I mean I would rock a domestic on the track if they paid me well and all I had to do was drive and go home to my nissans. I wouldn't say no that fo sho.

Farzam
04-08-2007, 08:02 PM
and he put a toy car up his ass

And made more money than either of us will ever see in 3 lifetimes.

s13gold
04-08-2007, 09:27 PM
DUNN is a clown!!!!

azndummie
04-09-2007, 12:07 AM
this should be hilarious, be better say or do something funny after he crashes

LB.Motoring
04-09-2007, 12:15 AM
lol

NOPI?

http://images.quizilla.com/F/freakoftheweek/1039895349_dunn.jpg

I think id rather see WEE MAN DO IT!

240trainee
04-09-2007, 09:15 AM
I think id rather see WEE MAN DO IT!

Oh hell yea!!!!

Nick Hogan is a spoiled asshole kid who has shit handed to him

Dunn made his own celebrity, whether you like it or not, seems to have some driving background, and as a celebrity, makes a good investment for the company, and might actually make something of the opportunity, unlike Hogan.

Who gives a damn

exitspeed
04-09-2007, 09:42 AM
WTF is Ryan Dunn?

SimpleSexy180
04-09-2007, 10:41 AM
^ban

<3<3<3<3

S13-Silvia
04-09-2007, 12:28 PM

Thats true for about 90% of Zilvia's members, including me. :squint:

sepulchral
04-09-2007, 02:43 PM

i wasn't dissin him... im just saying hes got what it takes!

but i dont know about the money thing, im just 21 now... i hopefully will have a lucrative life ahead of me...

but then again i do have alot of negative rep which obviously must mean i suck at life :D

arkive43
04-09-2007, 02:56 PM
he is a licensed scca driver and drove for over 6 years w/ bimmerworks racing

from what ive heard he is real into cars, specifically bmws

wrd....that episode where he was racing the lambo in the limo surprised me. he actually sounded like he knew what he was tallkin about. :coolugh:

Yuri
04-09-2007, 02:59 PM
pro-drifting is dead to me, but it has been for a long time.
I really don't care if pro-drifting series fall flat on their faces at this point.
Any sport that is a spectator sport doesn't even register as a sport anymore in my opinion. A sport is something you do, not something you watch. And the more something focuses on the watching part and less on the participating part, the less it has any right to interest me.

1Via!
04-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Thats some solid logic right there.

FaLKoN240
04-09-2007, 03:59 PM
pro-drifting is dead to me, but it has been for a long time.
I really don't care if pro-drifting series fall flat on their faces at this point.
Any sport that is a spectator sport doesn't even register as a sport anymore in my opinion. A sport is something you do, not something you watch. And the more something focuses on the watching part and less on the participating part, the less it has any right to interest me.

I've been thinking that for a while now. Maybe that's why I was never into professional sports.

I'll reserve my judgment for Dunn, until I see him drive.

Edgar
04-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Let him drift. Who cares. Can people stop hating? I mean let the dude do whatever he wants. He wants to compete! Who cares! Negativity at its best.

Yuri
04-10-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm not hating on Dunn. He has a motorsport background, and a car guy is a car guy in my book. I honestly have no idea who Ryan Dunn is.
All I've been saying is Pro Drifting is lame, and it's not getting any better.
Unfortunatly, we seem to live in a celebrity based society. Get out and live your own lives people, rather than just watching others and living through them vicariously..

PBucch
04-10-2007, 11:26 AM
I've been thinking that for a while now. Maybe that's why I was never into professional sports.

Eaaaaasy there bro, drifting and REAL professional sports have nothing in common. You never got into pro sports because you either dont understand them or dont appreciate athletic accomplishments, lots of people do not.

As far as Dunn Drifting, like Yuri said, it doesnt matter, pro drifting is so damn whack, Id rather watch local kids in a parking lot anyday.

opticfilms
04-14-2007, 05:06 PM
must be nice to be a jackass!!!!!!!!!!!!

diomedes
04-14-2007, 05:11 PM
^Yup. That's why I am kinda confused that he went with a mustang.
yep, was wandering the same thing. A bmw would've been better on the drift tracks anyways.

Not_Nissan
04-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Eh...I Like Dunn, and he seems legit...It'll be funny to see him out there though

FaLKoN240
04-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Eaaaaasy there bro, drifting and REAL professional sports have nothing in common. You never got into pro sports because you either dont understand them or dont appreciate athletic accomplishments, lots of people do not.

As far as Dunn Drifting, like Yuri said, it doesnt matter, pro drifting is so damn whack, Id rather watch local kids in a parking lot anyday.

I understand professional sports fine. I'd just rather play sports with some friends than watch them on a TV.

Don't patronize me.

Farzam
04-15-2007, 06:11 PM
I don't see why people need to be so competitive.

I live my life to enjoy things, not spoil myself with it until I can thing i'm the HNIC...cause i'll always be the HNIC.

Casse
04-16-2007, 11:56 AM
...and its a mustang. I wish that shops would spend less time/money supporting celebritys that are just looking for whats trendy and a quick amusement ride style fix, and spend more time/money searching for drivers at the lower ranks. The drivers that put their hard earned money and time into perfecting their own skills. Find a driver that has worked so hard and can absolutely drive the wheels right off of his busted car and pick him for your sponsored ride. If a driver can drive really well and compete/win with sub-par equipment, imagine what he could do with a sponsored, pro-built car. Im tired of seeing celebritys put in theese top-ranked, full-race teams and cars only to absolutely struggle and fall on their face. If they really want to be a part of the drift or even any race scene, buy your own car, compete in the smaller events, and work your way to the top. Its almost sickening how many absolutely amazing drivers go "un-noticed" but dont worry if a celebrity wants to drift we will just hand him a drift-spec car and see what he does. The novelty wears off after the first event and then what? Thats my rant for the day
Well said Sir, these are my exact thoughts

Brian
04-16-2007, 12:04 PM
BUSINESS

A majority of people are going to know a celebrity rather than Johhny BallSack from Nuthumpsville, USA.