PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1986 Toyota MR2 Blacktop Swap --So Clean!--

modestmouse
03-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Hello all,
Up for sale is my 1986 AW11 MR2 with a blacktop 20V swap done by yours truly. I purchased the car in early 2006 in hopes of restoring it as it was already in fantastic shape but the motor spun several bearings and so the car got a 20V swap instead. I have done motor swaps before and I have very high attention to detail. The car pulls hard, handles awesome, sounds amazing, and looks great. It won’t dissapoint. I’ve had it up on Deal’s Gap multiple times and it always made the journey without a single hiccup. Anyway, the pictures really speak for themselves and I will try my best to describe the car as true to life as possible but if you have questions after I'm done, my email is [email protected]

Here's the specs!

Body-
-1986 AW11 Sunroof
-Body has just under 90,000 original miles but the speedo cable broke recently. The car has been driven under 500 miles since this.
-Engine has about the same amount of miles(just coincidence). Purchased with roughly 85,000 miles.
-Body is extremely straight with a tiny dinglet in the drivers door and a push in the gas cap cover itself.
-Paint job still shines up well but not perfect. Prev. owner had it painted.
-Two spots of superficial rust that could be sanded off. NO PERFORATION at all. No rust anywhere else AT ALL. I've been all over and under and through the car and it is very impressive how clean it all is.
-Car comes with brand new unmounted side skirt seals.

ENGINE-
-20V Blacktop Swap
-Refresh including NGK Iridium plugs, timing belt, dist cap, rotor, thermostat (all Toyota)...etc.
-Checked condition of all bearings (perfect, plastigauge showed no wear)
-Everything on car and engine torqued to Toyota specs.
-Running Full Synthetic since owned.
-recent motor mounts
-Runs Absolutely Fabulous
-Stock 16V exhaust
-Very cleanly fabricated cooling system. Nicer than any I've seen.
-Running a 25% Toyota red coolant mix with distilled water and Redline watter wetter. You can place your hand on the radiator after a run at Deal’s Gap.

Transmission-
-Stock 16V tranny with Redline gear oil. Shifts fantastic and butter smooth. I suspect it had a rebuild at some point in its life. 20V blacktop tranny included in sale.
-Brass shift bushings
-91+ shifter included not installed. Didn’t feel right. I like my shifter closer to the wheel
-Delrin drop plate
-New Clutch master and slave
-Running OEM Blacktop flywheel and clutch
-New throw out bearing

Interior-
-near MINT stock seats. I removed the covers, washed them, reglued and replaced some of the stock seat foam, and then reassembled. They look and feel terrific.
-Good factory carpet
-New jet black Toyota floor mats
-Perfect dash
-TRD shift knob
-Leather boot
-Gauge surround has some adhesive on it. Will come off with patience and goo gone.

Suspension-
-New F2 Coilovers
-New Polyurethane bushing kit (new steering rack bushes not installed but included)
-New Ball joints
-Stock front sway bar with 85 rear sway bar and links.
-All control arms and links were stripped, degreased, and painted Rustoleum gloss black. Looks great under there!
-Handles obscenely well!

Wheels-Brakes-
-16x7 Bronze Rota GT3's excellent shape
-205/40/16 BF Goodrich G-Force Sports with lots of tread left
-Muteki lug nuts
-ATE Superblue running in the brake lines
-Stainless Brake lines
-Stock front rotors installed
-87+ rear rotors
-87+ front rotors included just need caliper bracket to install!
-Newer front and rear brake pads
-E-Brake cables are sticky

There are numerous other parts that I have replaced and not accounted for. No worries, I have receipts for everything down to trips to the hardware store.

PICTURES!!! http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/cbates1/Project%2020V%20Blacktop/

The price I am looking for is $5000 obo. It’s easily the nicest 20V Blacktop MR2 that I’ve seen for sale (don’t mean to offend anyone, it’s just my opinion) so I know it’s worth it. I have far more than that in the car. With that said though, I know you can't always pick your price so I will be considering reasonable offers. Again, if after reading this you have more questions please feel free to email me (intelligent) questions at [email protected] Thanks!

Justin Bernstein
03-26-2007, 02:55 PM
pics dont work

modestmouse
03-26-2007, 03:24 PM
They do now.

SNC240SX
03-26-2007, 04:30 PM
This is a beautiful car. I wish i had the money for it. Good luck with the sale.

modestmouse
03-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks SNC240SX. To everyone...I'm open to reasonable offers.

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
03-27-2007, 10:02 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/cbates1/Project%2020V%20Blacktop/IMG_2005.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/cbates1/Project%2020V%20Blacktop/IMG_2049.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/cbates1/Project%2020V%20Blacktop/IMG_2023.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/cbates1/Project%2020V%20Blacktop/IMG_2035.jpg
a little help for you.

LookOut Nick
03-27-2007, 10:35 PM
super clean fair price...this would make a great DD

modestmouse
03-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey thanks for posting those pics for me!

modestmouse
04-09-2007, 12:29 PM
The sale continues. It's ready to go drive some mountain roads! Buy it!