PDA

View Full Version : Tein Garage Sale = Huge Dissapointment

TheS13kid
03-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Woke up @ 4:30am today so i can be one of the first in the Tein garage sale. Picked up my friend, bought breakfast and waited inline for about 5 or 6 hours. Being a TEIN (a suspension making company) garage sale, you would expect to see plenty of coilovers for sale, but there was hardly anything. Most of the coilovers were for non s13, s14 cars. Not even for some of the other popular cars around (EVO, STI, and so forth). It was a huge waist of time. I just ended up getting the front and rear TEIN performance bars for 140 for both (which was not to bad).

But i can guarentee that everyone that went there and waited for ever was greatly dissaponted.

What happned to you TEIN you use to be cool. :coold:

but really...........it blew donkey balls!!:mephfawk:

k0uki
03-25-2007, 09:29 PM
tell me about it man, 5 hr drive to socal, camp out in the cold for 7 hrs. to get a damn license plate, shirt, doll, and keychain.

k0uki
03-25-2007, 09:48 PM
oh yea it was pretty lame that they had a stack of used coilovers for sale, that were not even labeled for what car

jimmytango00
03-25-2007, 09:50 PM
^^ wow!! now that sucks!!

SiI40sx
03-25-2007, 09:53 PM
im SOOO happy i didnt stay the night, i went there late afternoon, good thing i didnt waste my time

SNC240SX
03-25-2007, 10:04 PM
That sucks. And the flier that i saw online made it look like they had Defi and free stuff thats tooooo bad.

lmananT
03-25-2007, 10:05 PM
man wat a waste of time!!!...it was fun skating though haha

!Zar!
03-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Mmm. Figures.

But isn't a garage sale to sell ones junk in hopes for someone else to buy it? Figures. It's not like they have a need to sell their top of the line brand new stuff.

kdashy
03-25-2007, 10:19 PM
I figured it was be pretty crappy, especially when people said were gonna camp out and shit.

The Apex'i sale was just like a huge inventory sale, with a price list and everything in stock.

C. Senor
03-25-2007, 11:59 PM
damn that sucks balls, i guess i'm glad i overslept for this one.

hayaimoto
03-26-2007, 12:28 AM
The reason why these garage sales take place is due to the reason of stock not being able to sell (in most cases) so if you where there expecting to get all the "cool items for cheap", it would surely not result in your way, they know all the hot items that sell, thats why there wasnt any deal on them. I went there just to chill with some of my dope buddies from Jtuned,Super Street etc!

S14DB
03-26-2007, 12:43 AM
Least HKS just eBays their NOS stuff instead of this crap.

akito
03-26-2007, 12:59 AM
damn i thought i recall saying that this sale was a bust.... good thing i made sure and not to send those who knew me out. most of the good stuff or worthwhile stuff was bought before the sale began... which really sucks.

revd34
03-26-2007, 04:56 AM
yeah it did suck. we got there 3 in the morning. it was kinda cool camping out though.

i did come up with a carbing strut bar for $220. i should of picked up that c-west wing for the 180sx.

swift_style
03-26-2007, 08:19 AM
tell me about it man, 5 hr drive to socal, camp out in the cold for 7 hrs. to get a damn license plate, shirt, doll, and keychain.

Damn, I would be hella pissed off if I only got similar items like that. The purpose of it was to get some Tein suspension.

deadpirate
03-26-2007, 10:03 AM
they only had 5 sets of coilovers for sale...one for mr2, one for dc2 integra, one for pt cruiser, one for dodge magnum..and the last one i had no clue. it was the biggest waste of time. i was there at 3 am, waiting with no sleep...only to walk away extremely dissapointed

azndoc
03-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Wow and to think I actually stayed home to clean the house and play basketball instead of going. Which last night I was thinking I should of gone. Thanks guys I feel so much better now.

ManoNegra
03-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Went with a friend. He bought the performance Strut Bar and tie rod outers for a decent price, I was there just to chill. Got there a bit after 9am and waited in line for ~3 hours. Wasn't too bad just shooting the shit with other people in line and checking out rides.
The green shop shirt looked cool but the prices on gear wasn't that great - $10 tees was aight though. Gauges weren't a deal. They had people helping with coils and car parts but like mentioned, not much for the s-chassis crowd.
Overall not a bad way to kill a Sunday morning - would have sucked to camp for it though.

A Spec Products
03-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Just be glad Tein was nice enough to open their doors up to the public and save them money

This time might have not been in the 240sx's favor, but maybe next time will

Win some you lose some

ronmcdon
03-26-2007, 07:59 PM
seems like there's a lot of dissapointing garage sales recently. I heard from a friend that Sparco had a similar event and it turned out to a waste of time. I'd be skepticle you could get a good deal from a place like that, and i almost aways avoid buying parts in CA b/c of sales tax.

How was the Apexi and Greddy event btw? Heard the Greddy event was decent, but havn't heard much on the Apexi event.

TheS13kid
03-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Well i actually herd the Greddy sale was huge. 80 dollar cat back exhaust systems.........nice....wasent there though.

I was @ the APEXi one though. they had good prices on all the shit there. Their N1 dampers where like 700 bux. didn't have enough money to get a set though. but i did get a NI dual catback for 380......NICE!!

koukikat180sx
03-26-2007, 09:20 PM
totally not worth it to go. i got there at 8:30 thinking it would be early enough. boy was i wrong. no more garage sales for me. its not worth it. working in the industry sometimes has its perks. knowing someone or working in the industry sometimes has its perks.

s13gold
03-26-2007, 11:14 PM
the online flyer totally gave the wrong idea......

i thought it was gonna be parts galore but ended up being crap that nobody else wanted...probably employees got everything.

A Spec Products
03-27-2007, 11:42 AM
seems like there's a lot of dissapointing garage sales recently. I heard from a friend that Sparco had a similar event and it turned out to a waste of time. I'd be skepticle you could get a good deal from a place like that, and i almost aways avoid buying parts in CA b/c of sales tax.

Sparco sale is usually good as long as you are one of the first 10-20 people in line

After the first 20, the good stuff like Evo's / Pro2000 and stuff are usually gone

ManoNegra
03-27-2007, 01:06 PM
They should have listed the stuff available on their site or posted it on forums.

Farzam
03-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Tein<OEM.
LOL.

ronmcdon
03-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Well i actually herd the Greddy sale was huge. 80 dollar cat back exhaust systems.........nice....wasent there though.

I was @ the APEXi one though. they had good prices on all the shit there. Their N1 dampers where like 700 bux. didn't have enough money to get a set though. but i did get a NI dual catback for 380......NICE!!

lol, guess i really missed out. wouldn't mind to pick up an apexi power fc or a greddy oil-cooler. maybe next year. that's cool that everyone was happy though.

ronmcdon
03-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Sparco sale is usually good as long as you are one of the first 10-20 people in line

After the first 20, the good stuff like Evo's / Pro2000 and stuff are usually gone

yeah, but is it really worth it to actually camp out the night before to be the first 10-20 ppl in line? Depends on the person i guess, but I know I felt reluctant.

It would make a good difference if we could find out ahead of time what the actual inventory and pricing would be (as another poster mentioned). at least ppl would know what they're lining up for, and maybe even additional incentive for more ppl to show up. I do appreciate very much that the manufacturers are throwing the events for the public. Needless to say, its very nice of them. However, i do think more thorough advertising may work to everyone's benefit.

A Spec Products
03-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Keep in mind that getting the public to come down whether they buy or not is a way for them to interact and meet their customer base.

If they released an inventory list, then that would reduce the number of people who came to the sale.

I agree that an inventory list would be awesome, but just indulge them. If they see a lot of people coming out to the garage sales, then they will continue to do them.

In turn, if they continue to do them, then eventually it will work to your benefit.

If all they hear is people complaining, then it might not motivate them to keep doing a garage sale.

k0uki
03-27-2007, 11:02 PM
they only had 5 sets of coilovers for sale...one for mr2, one for dc2 integra, one for pt cruiser, one for dodge magnum.

damn if they really had coilovers for a dc2, my buddy is gonna be pissed. Since he camped out for those, and we didnt see them.

ManoNegra
03-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Funny to see a bunch of people walking out with 1 wheel. We asked one guy about it and he said: "Coffee Table"... lol
Saw a few people with mufflers though for ~$30 or so, not bad.