PDA

View Full Version : Tmnt!

BustedS13
03-23-2007, 11:27 AM
who's going? i'm seeing it at midnight. wonder if my pajamas from when i was like 7 still fit :d

exitspeed
03-23-2007, 11:32 AM
It came out today, so you can go see it at any time today.

I'm going at 6:30 with my wife and a friend of mine. We're wearing bandanas around our eyes. I'm debating about bringing my sword.

No. Seriously.

BustedS13
03-23-2007, 11:37 AM
It came out today, so you can go see it at any time today.

I'm going at 6:30 with my wife and a friend of mine. We're wearing bandanas around our eyes. I'm debating about bringing my sword.

No. Seriously.

right, but the later you see it, the less obnoxious preteens you'll be seeing it with.
and that sounds pretty hot. maybe i should break out the flea market katana!

exitspeed
03-23-2007, 12:02 PM
right, but the later you see it, the less obnoxious preteens you'll be seeing it with.

Thats what the sword is for. It's sharp too. I like to throw potatoes up in the air and slice then in half.

Hmm, maybe I'll bring a potato or two also for intimidation.

LookOut Nick
03-23-2007, 12:06 PM
i plan on seeing tmnt this weekend...but the HOST just launched here and richmond and that is my top priority

arkive43
03-23-2007, 12:09 PM
im going tomorrow morning with my son yeaaaaaaaaahaaaawwww!!!! i cant wait. he's 2.

BustedS13
03-23-2007, 12:14 PM
i plan on seeing tmnt this weekend...but the HOST just launched here and richmond and that is my top priority

oh, shit, i saw a preview for that like three days ago when i saw pan's labyrinth.. yeah i think that came out here today, too. guess it's a two movie weekend :d

Edgar
03-23-2007, 12:32 PM
i made a thread about this a while ago.

movie is going to kick ass

exitspeed
03-23-2007, 12:47 PM
i made a thread about this a while ago.

movie is going to kick ass

IGN gave it a really good review too. Saying it was the best movie int eh series. Now that is a big statement.

kodama
03-23-2007, 01:03 PM
the previews made it looke childish... im gonna wait till this one comes out on video.

ManoNegra
03-23-2007, 01:19 PM

Word, HOST looks crazy! Looking forward to checking it out too.

Gonna try to catch TMNT on IMAX early Sat. Wasn't too keen on it but I saw the material on the EPK and it got me goosed. Interviews with the main cast, director and producers mentioned that it was darker, picked up after events of the first two movies and will be closer in tone to the comic book.

theicecreamdan
03-23-2007, 01:25 PM
the previews made it looke childish... im gonna wait till this one comes out on video.

Its Ninja turtles!

If it wasn't childish I wouldn't be on my way to the movies in an hour. Hello youth!

exitspeed
03-23-2007, 01:25 PM
mentioned that it was darker, picked up after events of the first two movies and will be closer in tone to the comic book.

Thats what I read. And THATS what I wanna go see it.

I still remember the day I went and saw the first movie at the theater. I waited in line with my dad for like 2 hours. There was a HUGE line for the movie. The theater I saw it at doesn't even exist anymore. I believe that was 17 years ago. Some people on this forum were probably not even born. :bowrofl:

ManoNegra
03-23-2007, 01:28 PM
^ so true... stuff like that happens more and more often now. Getting old ftl!

exitspeed
03-23-2007, 01:30 PM
^ so true... stuff like that happens more and more often now. Getting old ftl!

I'm sure those same kids don't know what my sig and avatar are either. :w00t:

I always know someone's old school, when they say, "Hey Exitspeed. Nice Abobo avatar!". Oh yea, you're old school. :cool:

dopeyx27
03-23-2007, 01:31 PM
dude i love tmnt. I used to have the costume shell and I would wear it everyday at school. hahahahah

Yuri
03-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Anyone remember the cassettes you could get at Pizza Hut after the first movie came out and the turtles went on tour as a band? (yeah, wtf?)

We're the turtles! You can count on us...

Usagi Yojimbo rocks, even if he is a crossover into the TMNT universe.

During the ninja turtle explosion in the late 80's, my elementary school had a bulletin sent out that said "no more ninja weapons are allowed to be brought to school"
haha.
kids were making bo's and nunchuka out of broomsticks and really thick dowel rods.

exitspeed
03-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Anyone remember the cassettes you could get at Pizza Hut after the first movie came out and the turtles went on tour as a band? (yeah, wtf?)

We're the turtles! You can count on us...

Usagi Yojimbo rocks, even if he is a crossover into the TMNT universe.

During the ninja turtle explosion in the late 80's, my elementary school had a bulletin sent out that said "no more ninja weapons are allowed to be brought to school"
haha.
kids were making bo's and nunchuka out of broomsticks and really thick dowel rods.

I remember those. I actually went to their concert. That shit was dope when I was a kid.

I also used to to big ass drawings of them for kids in my class. I got pretty good at drawing them. Though I'm sure those drawing suck now. IIRC I was in like 4th or 5th grade.

I had the Soundtrack too. T-U-R-T-L-E Powa!

SilentSamurai8
03-23-2007, 02:37 PM
My lady and I BOTH loved the TMNT and now we can go see it together and act stupid/childish again. I always think, damn kids are lucky now a days. Shrek and all these movies are good, and have jokes in them for adults and shit...but our old showes would be just as great if they re-did them.

NOW we have TMNT and shortly coming.........TRANSFORMERS! Cant wait.

going to see TMNT tonight. YES ;)

ManoNegra
03-23-2007, 03:52 PM
lol... I usually find the my youthful obsessions don't stand up well to the test of the time. Teddy Ruxpin anyone?

and btw Exitspeed, anyone that doesn't about the goodness that was Mike Tyson's Punch Out needs to be dragged out to the street and shot.

EvilRB
03-23-2007, 05:06 PM
Teddy Ruxpin! LOL !!! not thats old skool!

Yuri
03-23-2007, 05:17 PM
My cousin would play Snoop Dogg tapes in his Teddy Ruxpin.

ThatGuy
03-23-2007, 05:31 PM
I played "Thriller" in my Teddy Ruxpin once. It shot sparks out of it's mouth and never worked again.

No lie. :(

TMNT looks good. :rawk:

Bryants95240sx
03-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Haha, i had a teddy ruxpin but i lost all the tapes i think its still in the atic.

But yeah im deff going to see TMNT.

theicecreamdan
03-24-2007, 01:12 AM
Such a great movie. i Loved it.

sequel coming!!!!!!

SochBAT
03-24-2007, 01:42 AM
Teddy Ruxpin was teh SHIT.

Rap cassettes in Teddy FTW.

EDacIouSX
03-24-2007, 02:06 AM

Yea, i had my set of Bo's..... haha. like 3 or 4 actually. they were so bad ass. anyway the movie was ok... little slow but yea...

"Look it's Mr. Winters!.It looks more like fall. Get it? Fall." hahaha, best line. :P

exitspeed
03-24-2007, 08:05 AM
The movie was great! It rocked out with it's green turtle cock out.

If you were a fan as a kid, go see the movie. It does the series justice.

ALTRNTV
03-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Sig- Super Punch Out?

lol

A Spec Products
03-24-2007, 07:10 PM
I watched TMNT Fast Forward this morning

I never watch cartoons but eh nothing else was good on during breakfast

It's pretty much the same cartoon as before, just more exaggerated style animation

Nostalgia never gets old

ThatGuy
03-24-2007, 07:13 PM
I watched TMNT Fast Forward this morning

I never watch cartoons but eh nothing else was good on during breakfast

It's pretty much the same cartoon as before, just more exaggerated style animation

Nostalgia never gets old
Were they fighting regenerating robots with a knock-off Justice League? If so, I was waching the same thing. :rawk:

SilentSamurai8
03-24-2007, 07:22 PM
The movie was great, and the corny one liners were right on point. I LOVED the fight between Raph and Leo. Best out of the series really...sequel?!? hints at shredder but I would rather see something new...Unless it has CRAIN/Brain dude.

SNC240SX
03-24-2007, 07:31 PM
I hope to go see the movie tonight. Back in the day i had a T.M.N.T. pizza shooting wagon. It rocked until the batterys leaked batter acid all over it.

A Spec Products
03-24-2007, 07:38 PM
I hope to go see the movie tonight. Back in the day i had a T.M.N.T. pizza shooting wagon. It rocked until the batterys leaked batter acid all over it.

I had some pizza shooter TMNT toy as well, but it wasn't the wagon. It was this big bulldozer type thing.

Those things shot fast tho, was bad ass. Toys were more simple than, people weren't crying about getting hit in the face with Nerf darts.

Were they fighting regenerating robots with a knock-off Justice League? If so, I was waching the same thing. :rawk:

I caught the tail end of it, it was about Michelangelo having to pass some tests to become some rank that the other guys were, but his video game playing was holding him back. It was super lame.

I was at Hollywood Video the other night, they were playing the original TMNT movie there, that was a dope ass movie. Shredder had the baddest costume, and April in the yellow jumpsuit... :naughty:

SNC240SX
03-24-2007, 08:36 PM
I had some pizza shooter TMNT toy as well, but it wasn't the wagon. It was this big bulldozer type thing.

Those things shot fast tho, was bad ass. Toys were more simple than, people weren't crying about getting hit in the face with Nerf darts.

Yes toys back in the day were awesome. I used to chase my brother around the house shooting him with plastic pizzas. Theres no toy out now that can offer the same type of brother abusing action.:bigok:

theicecreamdan
03-24-2007, 08:41 PM

Just to re-iterate... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Really, what are you expecting?

FRpilot
03-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Just to re-iterate... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Really, what are you expecting?

word.. this is a kid movie. i just watched it. i enjoyed it. dont expect a sophisticated story line. expect a kid movie that brings you back memories of your childhood heroes.. movie down well.. i felt the story was kinda lame.. but i enjoyed it because i love tmnt. haha

fliprayzin240sx
03-25-2007, 02:27 AM
Honestly, I liked it. I wanted to watch it for the same reason as everybody else did (duH we grew up on that shiet). I was expecting it to be really watered down since that seems to be the trend for this generation. I was actually surprised cuz i actually enjoyed it. I liked how they made sure the characters live up to exactly how we remember them. Raphael is still the hot head hes always been...just weird this time around. Ralph didnt get kidnapped or got jumped...

FRpilot
03-25-2007, 11:45 AM
at times, at certain scenes, it looked so realistic.. like when ralph and casey were running from the bad guys.. i noticed ralph's shell looked 3d. haha.. also when leonardo and ralph were fighting in the rain and the camera focused on them.. it looked like leonardo was a real life giant turtle we were standing a few feet from.. maybe it was the rain and the CG effects that made his skin more shiny and appear more 3d.

EvilRB
03-25-2007, 12:16 PM
I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but funny thing happend that made me think of it, I was helping my mom move some stuff yesterday and at the bottom of an old box I found an unopend set of TMNT OG sheets!! They were just like i rememberd them. They even still smell the same! I wonder how much I can get for them on e-bay?! lol

A Spec Products
03-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Yes toys back in the day were awesome. I used to chase my brother around the house shooting him with plastic pizzas. Theres no toy out now that can offer the same type of brother abusing action.:bigok:

http://www.nesbuckle.com/images/buy_belt_s.gif

Oh, I disagree.

EvilRB
03-25-2007, 01:42 PM
^^ Rofl!!!!!!!!

DRavenS13
03-25-2007, 02:05 PM
I went to see it yesterday with my son, and since my sleep habits are erratic at best, I thought I would just take a nap while he posted up watching the movie. DAMN was I surprised. I was just as into it as he was. The fight scene with Raph and Leo- F.T.W. That was a really well written story. At least when it comes out on DVD i'll be able to watch it the first 438109283 times with my kids and not get tired of it.

Sequel? I think so. Remember what happens at the end.....

SNC240SX
03-25-2007, 06:22 PM
http://www.nesbuckle.com/images/buy_belt_s.gif

Oh, I disagree.

Yes you make an excellent point..........:rofl:

I saw the movie today and i thought it was great. Makes me remeber why i liked TMNT in the first place.:werd:

ThatGuy
03-25-2007, 06:27 PM
I got a small poster for TMNT today when I went to see 300. I just told the ticket counter girl that I was a semi-celebrity on Zilvia.net and she handed it right over.

It was either that, or me jumping up down yelling, "I want one, I want one, I want one!"

Yeah, it was definitely Zilvia that did it for me. :angel:

bardabe
03-25-2007, 07:17 PM
saw it, loved every second of it. Does justice to the series, can't wait for transformers.

Frosty_spl
03-25-2007, 09:15 PM
lame

I am 100% positive that the first trailers said it was rated R. Its cool for a kids movie i guess, but if you didnt see it, wait for it to come out on DVD.

TheWolf
03-26-2007, 05:23 AM
yes a kids movie will be rated R...

great flik.. perfect kids movie.. already telesyncd as well...

swift_style
03-26-2007, 08:14 AM

I always know someone's old school, when they say, "Hey Exitspeed. Nice Abobo avatar!". Oh yea, you're old school. :cool:

TMNT are cool. I used to watch them all the time in my younger years. Also had a collection of toys to go with it. But Exitspeed, that is a cool Abobo avatar and I know it's from Double Dragon, with the blue guy Billy and the red guy Jimmy, I think. I love that game. Used to always steal my dad's change to go play the arcade version at our little "Stop and Rob" store.

ManoNegra
03-26-2007, 12:58 PM
It wasn't without it's flaws but considering it was a film for kids I give it thumbs up. The CG animation was top notch.

arkive43
03-26-2007, 01:08 PM
bad ass movie!!!....i loved it my son loved it!....the rain fight was great the cgi was awesome!!!

COWABUNGA CARL!!!!!!

exitspeed
03-26-2007, 01:10 PM
The CG animation was top notch.

Yes it was. There were a few spots that bordered on photorealism. I can't wait til games look like.

Farzam
03-27-2007, 04:30 PM
I was too drunk to really understand what was going on but I liked it.

theicecreamdan
03-28-2007, 11:58 PM
Ralph is not a ninja turtles' character. Raph is.

Yuri
03-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Wow, the rain fight and Foot Clan were both awesome.
And Splinter looks like my pet cat.

Edgar
03-30-2007, 10:57 PM
LOL @ Yuri

I'm going to go to IMAX tomorrow and watch it. I dont care if people dont like it. I use to be a Ninja Turtle back in the day.

FRpilot
03-31-2007, 12:31 AM
2nd time around wasnt so great.. i watched shooter twice and that was better 2nd time around

BustedS13
03-31-2007, 12:36 AM
it was a bit childish, but.. what'd you expect? it's for children. i would have LOVED an adult-oriented version, but this was still cool. hope it does well enough to justify making the heavily foreshadowed sequel. shredder FTMFW