PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth headsets, reviews, preferences?

S14DB
03-22-2007, 02:26 AM
I got a new phone and have found the need to use a Bluetooth headset with it. What does everyone use and think about it?

I was looking at Plantronics first. Then I saw the Jawbone video. But my dad said his co workers bought 2 and both didn't saw they were up to par.

Other options are the Jabra which gets good reviews for fitment but bad for quality. There is also Motorola.

C. Senor
03-22-2007, 02:41 AM
i use that little motorola one, its works great and i can hear great, loud and clear, but after wearing it for like an hour it starts buggin me...its the motorola h500 or somwthing similar to that, sorry i dont know the exact model its been a while since i've had it.

mRclARK1
03-22-2007, 10:47 AM
My phone didn't come with the headset like some do.. but I can buy it seperately. Would you say it's worth it?

S14DB
03-22-2007, 01:42 PM
I had a flip and everyone I know with a flip doesn't have one. Bars, Bricks and sliders I think you need one.

Looking at the cheapest Motorola one or one of last years Plantronics.

turtl631
03-22-2007, 04:08 PM
I just ordered a Motorla H700 (? something 700) on ebay, like $20 shipped. It got decent reviews on CNET. I'm just gonna use it for when I'm driving so I don't really care if its the best one out there. Driving manual in the city in traffic and talking on your phone where there are laws against using cell phones really sucks, I usually end up just tossing my phone down when i see a cop, and letting go of the steering wheel when I need to shift. Corded headsets aren't worth the hassle of getting tangled up in my experience. I'm pretty excited to get this thing actually, too bad its shipping from China.

azndoc
03-22-2007, 06:03 PM
I had a motorola one which I bought for $75. It worked fine at first then it just started falling apart. Then the battery life sucked on it. It was cool because my arms didn't fall asleep anymore while I was on the phone. But damn I got some crazy looks from people walking by thinking I was talking to myself.

jrmiller84
03-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Are you looking for a pair to just talk on the phone?

I have the Motorola HT820 wireless headphones. They are actual stereo headphones though, not just the earpiece. They do have a mic built into them so you can talk. I use them for jogging and listening to music off of my phone, very awesome. I highly recommend them if you want more than just an earpiece. Make sure they work with your phone first though, I had to hack mine kinda. :bigok:

I will warn that they can hurt your ears after a while, I've had to get used to them.

Ricks15
03-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Here's one- wear that shit when you're driving, not walking around in public unless you wana get laughed at:bow:

turtl631
03-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Truth^^ I love the people who walk around with it on, in anticipation of all the calls they're gonna get. You're so important!

95Blue240sx
03-23-2007, 01:06 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000GFJEPQ.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._SCMZZZZZZZ_V59470628_.jpg

This one is pretty compact.

S14DB
03-23-2007, 01:38 AM
looking at this:
http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/75-978-012-02.jpg
http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/75-978-012-05.jpg

The Riot Hero
03-23-2007, 03:45 AM
jabra jx10 is what i have, i owned like 5 different seats and returned them all until i got this one. works super well.

klohiq
03-23-2007, 08:39 AM
I have one similar to that, it came with my sony w810i phone. So far my plantronics headset has been awesome, I use it rarely though. I will say that in the car it is really nice to have sometimes...especially since you can use the button on it to hang up or send the calls to voice mail...makes it so you aren't trying to find the right button on the phone while driving...anyone with a sony phone understands they have way too many small buttons...

Battery seems to last a long time and you get no interference with the headset. My only problem is I can't listen to music with it...for some reason you have to use the headphones...otherwise it's great.

Anyway, what phone did you get?

EDIT: I hate motorolla anything...they seriously make crap that breaks and wears out fast. Looks and works great at the store and then 6 months into your phone contract the thing sucks...after the warranty is up it's even worse.