PDA

View Full Version : 300zx brake hardware

camppain
03-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Alright, I'm having a little trouble scavenging up the brake hardware for my 300 zx swap on the front. The parts I can't find is the clip and cross retainer thing that goes under the slider pins. I checked autozone and advanced auto. Advance auto had the shims and pins. Has anyone just used cotter pins and not installed the cross retainer?

bo2o
03-18-2007, 05:28 PM
i heard of ppl just using a paper clip

and then twist it

ThatGuy
03-18-2007, 05:32 PM
See if this helps. :bow:
http://www.courtesyparts.com/z32_brakes.html

If you don't want to order from them, just take the part number and price to Don Williamson on Western Blvd. They "should" match the price.

camppain
03-20-2007, 05:30 AM
Only problem is I called the Nissan where I worked at and they don't even make the part no more when I talked to my buddy in parts. But I'll try them I'm sure the results will be the same, can't hurt to try though. Thanks brother.

mrmephistopheles
03-20-2007, 06:38 AM
It's high time you became a premie, Leathernuts.

portion
03-20-2007, 06:43 AM
www.pdm-racing.com

Dopefish
03-20-2007, 07:26 AM
You have to get them from Nissan or a Nissan vendor... I'll look up the numbers for mine tonight as I have all that stuff for my install; still waiting on the slider pins themselves. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/DopefishLives/240sx/brakes/z32_hardware1.jpg

You are talking about the little wire retainers on the left of this pic right?

EDIT: Call Courtesy Nissan and have them look up this part number: 41218-43P00, that should be for the retainers pictured above.

_Kris

camppain
03-21-2007, 01:27 AM
MrMeph, long time brother. Did you hear how the Marine Corps is turning into the girl scouts? Sleeves won't be allowed anymore. I've been contemplating re-enlisting. Premie ehhh? In due time, in due time ;).

I called Nissan Dopefish, I called my old job which was at a nissan dealership, talked to my buddy in the parts dept and he said no go on the part #'s when I get some time I will call them back up with the part #'s from courtesy. Especially since the pins I got from advanced auto seem like they are for the 28 mm calipers when I asked for the 30 mm :\

Dopefish
03-22-2007, 10:16 AM
I just realized, I think I only have the rear pin retainers. :( I'll call Courtesy tomorrow once I've varified which ones I need and I'll get both part numbers for you then.

_Kris

rancid240
03-22-2007, 03:03 PM
I just realized, I think I only have the rear pin retainers. :( I'll call Courtesy tomorrow once I've varified which ones I need and I'll get both part numbers for you then.

_Kris

Yep those pins are for ther rear :sadwavey:

Dopefish
03-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Yea I only had the rear pin retainers, no matter... I bought a small cotter pin set for $3 at Autozone and one in each pin on the front calipers is holding them in just fine. Since there wont be any actual stress excerted on them other than vibration the cotter pins should be more than capable.

Front retainer clip: 41217A
Rear retainer clip: 44217A

Good luck, again, I just used cotter pins on my fronts and they are snug. ...sadly I can't install anything yet because Courtesy left out one of my rear retainer pins from my order (even though it's in the PO) so my entire install is on hold. :(

_Kris