PDA

View Full Version : CA street racing

hahahahaha
03-18-2007, 11:56 AM
This is the new thing in Cali.

Video at end of post

RIALTO - In a scrap yard stacked with wreckage, the two old Hondas crushed to the size of step stools Wednesday were unexceptional.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/Studgus/crush01sla_400.jpg

But it wasn't their condition that brought more than a dozen police officers out to watch. The two mid-1990s Civics destroyed at Rialto's Ecology Auto Parts were symbolic of a heightened multi-agency effort aimed at reducing illegal street racing.

As the first two cars destroyed pursuant to a court order, they represented a new approach in enforcement.

From Ontario to Riverside -- where last week a teen died as a result of what police called a street race -- officials are destroying rather than returning cars that are proven to have stolen engines and transmissions.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/Studgus/crush01sld_400.jpg

Officers would discover stolen parts in street racing vehicles, confiscate the parts, but eventually release the vehicle. Later, officers would discover the car back in street races with new stolen engines or transmissions, said Ontario police Cpl. Jeff Higbee, who coordinates the San Bernardino County Regional Street Racing Task Force.

"The whole reason is so we just don't recycle these cars back into the auto-theft culture," Higbee said about the crushing. "We realize this is a big problem."

The California vehicle code allows police agencies to destroy cars even if only one part is determined stolen. The two Hondas put on display Wednesday were seized after traffic stops in August. Higbee said the owners were not arrested because it could not be proved they knew the parts in their car were stolen.

As long as it could be proved the part was stolen, the statute states that when the vehicle comes into police custody, "it shall be destroyed, sold, or otherwise disposed of pursuant to court order."

Returning the vehicles without the stolen part has created "somewhat of a theft mill," Higbee said. More than 500 Hondas and Acuras are stolen each year in Ontario, and other area cities see many of the same problems.

Street racing has long been rampant in industrial neighborhoods in Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga and Fontana. But since state grant money began pouring in, Higbee said, Ontario has reduced fatalities related to street racing from seven in 2004 to one last year.

In Riverside, officers are working at reducing street-racing fatalities. The past year has seen three, including 14-year-old Carlos Cisneros, who died Feb. 19 after the car he was riding in crashed into a pole during a street race, police said.

Riverside police Sgt. Skip Showalter said that his department has yet to crush any cars they have seized, but the measure may soon be used. He said organized rings of street racers are less of a problem than impromptu races that often don't involve the standard Hondas or muscle cars.

"I've seen the family station wagon out there racing," Showalter said.

Even that car, if it has a stolen part, may be crushed at the Ecology Auto Parts yard, where company representative Mark Menadier said employees are glad to help the cause.

"If you're caught street racing, your car is going to be impounded," he said, "and we're going to crush it."

video here .... http://www.pe.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=124851&catId=293

brewster240
03-18-2007, 12:14 PM
"Riverside police Sgt. Skip Showalter said that his department has yet to crush any cars they have seized, but the measure may soon be used. He said organized rings of street racers are less of a problem than impromptu races that often don't involve the standard Hondas or muscle cars.

"I've seen the family station wagon out there racing," Showalter said"

smart man, he actually understands.

after watching the vid, i think this is pointless. the wheels, engine, trans etc. are undamaged. so they can hit the streets again. you know the jy is gonna sell whatever it can off of them.

C. Senor
03-18-2007, 03:29 PM
yeah they've been tryin to crush cars for a long ass time, but dont be stupid and fuckin street race....and get caught. end of story...cali is the worse state to get caught racing...but that sucks nonetheless.

SimpleS14
03-18-2007, 05:34 PM
How do they know the motor/tranny is stolen? Do they really mean illegal engine swaps?

adrians_s13
03-18-2007, 05:46 PM
sucky time for driving a modded car in california =/
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=137327

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
03-18-2007, 06:00 PM
get all your racing needs out on the track amd hope that the cps don't pull you over "randomly" to give you some bs ticket!

brewster240
03-18-2007, 06:57 PM
How do they know the motor/tranny is stolen? Do they really mean illegal engine swaps?

they check the vin numbers.

illvialuver
03-19-2007, 12:41 AM
yeah they check vin #s, and Im glad they are doing this. Because if this slow down or help deter the theifs from stealing our 240s and parting them out. cause that is what is getting out of control.
and yeah take it to the track.

s13gold
03-19-2007, 10:57 AM
ontario is "the spot" for street races though..sometimes until sun breaks and there's 6 tracks and sometimes they are all packed.

cars just keep moving from track to track running from the cops, i can see how they are frustrated.

that sucks to get your car crushed, what an example!

koukimonster139
03-19-2007, 06:52 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/Studgus/crush01sld_400.jpg

at least they're both at an appropriate ride height with decent camber now :naughty:

brewster240
03-19-2007, 07:55 PM
yeah they check vin #s, and Im glad they are doing this. Because if this slow down or help deter the theifs from stealing our 240s and parting them out. cause that is what is getting out of control.
and yeah take it to the track.

i dont think they are stealing 240's for ka's....

SiI40sx
03-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Im fuckin tired of this street racing crap. Cops see a old ass honda trying to pass up a slow driving tercel and they call it street racing. This shit is getting really annoying. Open up a goddamit track somewhere in Long Beach or maybe if California Speedway was open more than once every fucking three months this shit wouldnt be happening. Fuck cops, theyre not trying to help like they say they are, why not have tracks hold events more often instead of crushing cars huh?

mrs.drift33
03-19-2007, 08:24 PM
thats why my boyfriend got his car reg. in arizona. so we dont have to deal with this crap. california is trying really hard to crack down on racing. it just sucks...

hahahahaha
03-20-2007, 04:50 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! ^ ^ ^ does he really? haha next stop AZ haha j/k

S13SilviaGirl
03-20-2007, 07:16 PM
thats why my boyfriend got his car reg. in arizona. so we dont have to deal with this crap. california is trying really hard to crack down on racing. it just sucks...

You can still get nailed in CALI for having illegal parts. Having a car registered in another state does not make you exempt from being pulled over and having a car impounded. Also, if you are working in CA and your car is registered in another state, you are held accountable too. You have like 30 days iirc to have it registered in CA. The ONLY exemptions are A) College students and B) Military.

*EDIT* Also, how does a cop doing his job suck? He is trying to prevent needless deaths. There are plenty of sanctioned events to go to in cali. From SD to Cali Spdwy to events in NorCal. There is no need to race or drift on the street period. If one cant afford an event, then what makes one think they can afford the price when something bad happens on the street?

180sExy
03-20-2007, 07:35 PM
You can still get nailed in CALI for having illegal parts. Having a car registered in another state does not make you exempt from being pulled over and having a car impounded. Also, if you are working in CA and your car is registered in another state, you are held accountable too. You have like 30 days iirc to have it registered in CA. The ONLY exemptions are A) College students and B) Military.
plus ca cops like messing with out of towners

BustedS13
03-20-2007, 10:18 PM
so if i wanted to witness some infamous los angeles fast-and-furious riced-out street racing, where should i go? i'm going to be there in april :D

drift freaq
03-20-2007, 10:30 PM
so if i wanted to witness some infamous los angeles fast-and-furious riced-out street racing, where should i go? i'm going to be there in april :D
well you don't ask here lol, cause most of us do not condone it.

BustedS13
03-20-2007, 10:45 PM
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/7562/lolraceuf3.jpg

on april 5th starting at 7pm there is this race. I have shown you the map here. Meet at the McDonald's closest to the starting point. THen follow the course map directions and be the first one to reach the finish line. You will need to get a cingular streetracing GPS computer in order to compete, but you can get one at Best buy. The winner takes home $5000 and you get to pick one of 4 cards. If you are lucky you will take home the loser's car. LOL.

yo, i don't have the cash, but i do have the pink slip to my car. so it's like this, if you win, you take my car, but if i win, i take the cash, and i take the respect. that work for you?

theicecreamdan
03-20-2007, 10:48 PM
BTW I took a picture of my street race GPS so you know what to look for

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/2783/gpsdj0.jpg

Kn1ves
03-20-2007, 10:56 PM
now im kinda wishing they did have
NFSU: SoCal

!Zar!
03-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Oh damn. I'm there.

Dan: You missed the wangan. WTF is wrong with you. I need my highspeed battles man!

ALTRNTV
03-20-2007, 11:00 PM
There's nothing going around where I live. :(

S13SilviaGirl
03-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Oh damn. I'm there.

Dan: You missed the wangan. WTF is wrong with you. I need my highspeed battles man!

Seriously, DAN WTF is wrong with you?!?!?! You forgot the Aqua Line to get to the Wangan.

BustedS13
03-20-2007, 11:10 PM
no gymkhana? i thought this was all out rice racing! :(

Matej
03-20-2007, 11:16 PM
What if you blow your motor and swap in another one from a wrecked car or something? The VIN is going to be different.

kdashy
03-20-2007, 11:24 PM
What if you blow your motor and swap in another one from a wrecked car or something? The VIN is going to be different.

VIN would have to be reported stolen im guessing.

SimpleSexy180
03-20-2007, 11:26 PM
^thats why u get proof (aka receipt) of buying such things.

aa87
03-20-2007, 11:28 PM
You can easily get the paperwork to show you got it legally.

Ricks15
03-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Im fuckin tired of this street racing crap. Cops see a old ass honda trying to pass up a slow driving tercel and they call it street racing. This shit is getting really annoying. Open up a goddamit track somewhere in Long Beach or maybe if California Speedway was open more than once every fucking three months this shit wouldnt be happening. Fuck cops, theyre not trying to help like they say they are, why not have tracks hold events more often instead of crushing cars huh?

Irwindale speedway drags every thursday from 6-10 theres no excuse to do it in the street anymore.

SiI40sx
03-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Irwindale speedway drags every thursday from 6-10 theres no excuse to do it in the street anymore.

Yeah unfortunately that dragstrip cant supply the demand for racing. Its very over populated every thursday and you only get to race 2-3 times if your lucky. A lot of people have the idea of "why pay $20 to only race twice when I can do it as much as I can for free?" The demand is really hard to meet, so why not take the easy way out? Lets screw over every car enthusiast and completely fuck anyone caught racing?

theicecreamdan
03-21-2007, 12:02 AM
There's no BS when you're at the track.

Green light drops and the BS stops.

$20 is nothing guys.

PS: no wangan cuz I turned that shizz off until I get level 3 transmission. My truck isn't tuned right for wangan.

PSS: ^ perfect example of BS.

Edit: Unless you're on PINKS! WTF? There's no arguing when it comes to racing, anybody that brings a car to a race for pinkslips and complain when you are up against "a full on race car" deserves to lose their fucking car. Its not like you don't know what's up when you're on your way to the track. That show should be called "EXCUSES!"

allstar
03-21-2007, 12:52 AM

Iriwdale sucks...
1/8 mile is soo weak..
Mostly V8s that always break down on the track..
and I swear they always put the track v8's against me..

theicecreamdan
03-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Its not like you're racing for prizes. Being next to the gnarly V8s doesn't mean anything. When I go to 1/8th mile drags the only person I'm truly against is myself. Beat your earlier reaction times and work on getting consistent times.
and do LONGGGGG standing burnouts. Seriously, its cool.

S13SilviaGirl
03-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Would you guys rather pay $20 for a few races or have a $5,000 car impounded? Or worse, end up in jail for killing someone?

klohiq
03-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Would you guys rather pay $20 for a few races or have a $5,000 car impounded? Or worse, end up in jail for killing someone?

i dunno about you, but my cars to fast to get caught by the cops y0...i just hit the nos and my civic is gone :2f2f:

it does seem a little cheaper to take it to the track, but like many have said tracks are usually packed and it isn't nearly as fun racing a moded muscle car that runs 12s because you get owned everytime...unless they line you up with a gay civic that runs 18s...either way it's not as much fun as racing another car that is close to your performance level...

!Zar!
03-21-2007, 08:25 AM
I still don't know WTF this thread is still open. For one, this should be in regional. Two, this is OLD news. Wtf are you even posting this. People have known street racers get their car crushed. They deserve it.

As for legal drag racing, Unless you have someone against you with damn near the same mods. Then it would be fun since it's all skill.

But most of the time I could care less.

It's all about bracket racing at the strip baby. THAT'S skill.

This incest thread should be locked.

allstar
03-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Its not like you're racing for prizes. Being next to the gnarly V8s doesn't mean anything. When I go to 1/8th mile drags the only person I'm truly against is myself. Beat your earlier reaction times and work on getting consistent times.
and do LONGGGGG standing burnouts. Seriously, its cool.

yea I do long ass burn outs just to make it look good.. I hate seeing the built v8s lift off the ground in the corning of my eye.. and not having enough track to catch them.. gets old real fast..

i dunno about you, but my cars to fast to get caught by the cops y0...i just hit the nos and my civic is gone :2f2f:

it does seem a little cheaper to take it to the track, but like many have said tracks are usually packed and it isn't nearly as fun racing a moded muscle car that runs 12s because you get owned everytime...unless they line you up with a gay civic that runs 18s...either way it's not as much fun as racing another car that is close to your performance level...

moded muscle car that runs 12s?? rofl ill eat that shit.. they always put me with againt the sub 12 track cars.. right when Im going to make the right turn to do my burn out.. They always move the cone in the next line and let a built ass v8 next to me.. truthfully I dont think im ever going back..
NismoKnights..

S14DB
03-21-2007, 10:26 AM
^thats why u get proof (aka receipt) of buying such things.
yeah, because of reports I have read. They like to put the burden of proof on you. Unless you get a lawyer and fight it they will say if you have no receipt it is stolen. Even if you have that you still need to register the new engine at the DMV cause that's a violation also. Keep the receipt in the car if you want to drive home.