PDA

View Full Version : F1 bitches

wootwoot
03-17-2007, 08:55 PM
You motherfuckers better be watching F1 otherwise you're a loser. Drinking on St.Patricks day or F1, no decision!

sTalnOut
03-17-2007, 09:11 PM
you drunk man lolz

FaLKoN240
03-17-2007, 09:14 PM
I've got a bunch of F1 nuts at my work right now.

HD projector FTW

wootwoot
03-17-2007, 09:15 PM
if you diddnt catch the GT2 finish at the 12hr's of Sebring....you gay. Shit was good!!

cleantune
03-17-2007, 09:33 PM
12 hours of Sebring was Sick.

bboyt3nsk
03-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Its a good day when I have to decide whether to watch SNL or F1

03-17-2007, 09:42 PM
if you diddnt catch the GT2 finish at the 12hr's of Sebring....you gay. Shit was good!!

+abillion!!!!!!!!

Hamilton is doing awesome! :bigok:

theicecreamdan
03-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Fuck your F1 straight in its fucking cockblocking ass lame ass piece of shit flaky roommate piece of shit ass.

blackflag_Rms13
03-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Fuck F1. Sebring was the shit.

2/10 of a fucking second!

I'm so ready for this years sportscar season to start, FIA GT in two weeks! I am worried about the P1 and GT1 contingency in the ALMS though. But this year's entry list for the Le Mans Series seems to be the best its been in recent years, definitely looking forward to that.

wootwoot
03-18-2007, 01:08 AM
ALMS could do soooo much to make it better. So could the SCCA touring class and GT class. But they are full of stubborn assholes.

Race car engineering was almost insulted with how easily the JGTC worked and how those cars were ran much cheaper yet were still faster then the GT1 cars of IMSA. Saying they could change the rules, and open up the class immensely allowing JGTC cars to run in it bringing in wayyy more manufacturers and having GT300 almost as touring car which people could enter from all over. but naw, to easy, sounds to much fun too.

About p1 and p2...Its laughable. Imagine if Andredti Green with Acura would have won the 12 Hours of Sebring like they almost did with it their first race for the ALMS...The gap should be much larger! I mean Christ, thats almost no gap at all.

Maybe I need to get a business degree and teach some of these people how to run stuff. Imagine if INDY and CART became "friends" again. Atleast using the same chassis/general rules to allow the cars to run in either. One an oval series and the other a road course. But again, people are to stubborn. They wouldnt even need the same motors man! Just the chassis

Taniguchi_Is_#1
03-18-2007, 01:26 AM
Super GT

started this weekend too.

byaaaaah!

koukimonster139
03-18-2007, 06:30 AM
fucking sebring rocked.
also

2.4L V8 + 20,000 RPM = F1 badassery

wootwoot
03-18-2007, 10:15 AM
19k now only =(

they are rev limited

Cosworth did hit 22k last year though a couple a times

Taniguchi_Is_#1
03-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Cosworth did hit 22k last year though a couple a times

yeah, and blew up every other grand prix. it was rumoured that some of the teams had originally designed their 07 spec engines to be running up near 23-24K rpm.

wootwoot
03-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey, most everyone blew up every other grand prix

Ferrari and Renault included. They just has less failures then everyone else. I will agree that Williams was embarassing to watch last year. You cant blame it all on the motor though, they had weak aero

thejapino
03-18-2007, 11:39 AM
i wish i had speedvision

kouki_s14
03-18-2007, 01:01 PM
i wish i had speedvision

there are only so many F1 races on speed. 90% of speed channel bullshit nascar

wootwoot
03-18-2007, 01:06 PM
I think its only 3 races from the 2007 calender that will not be on Speed. Speed is finally catering to F1 more though. We get our own show now that gives recaps of the race and talks about the next race coming up on non race weekends. They need to make a Speed2 or something or a NASCAR centric station to allow the rest of us some shows we like

in the winter they play that bullshit luge and whatnot....I thought speed was motor racing!? Shit, play vintage races and whatnot. I dont care how old the race is as long as its good.

Dorifto89
03-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Hangovers fuckin suck. So does Speed channel.

HyperTek
03-18-2007, 09:42 PM
i look foward to seeing how Hamilton holds up.. looks like hes got alot of potential.. steer things up for Alonso

Brian
03-18-2007, 10:11 PM
F2007

Amazing car
Almost ALL red. YES YES.

Hey DC had QUITE the maneuver. Good job JUMPING the car. maniac

wootwoot
03-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Poor Alex Wurz. First actual race in 7 years I think and he gets ran over by someone who has been racing forever....Sloppy move DC!!

Where Hamilton had the two wheels go off twice, last year someone did the same thing and stuck the car into the wall. I think it might have even been Schumacher for Christ sake. I was just waiting for something bad to happen Hamilton did that but then he managed to do it AGAIN....Luck be on his side. Speaking of luck, lets see how McLaren holds together this year. So far a much better start compared to their spectacular practice DNF last year...

Taniguchi_Is_#1
03-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Poor Alex Wurz. First actual race in 7 years I think and he gets ran over by someone who has been racing forever....Sloppy move DC!!

Where Hamilton had the two wheels go off twice, last year someone did the same thing and stuck the car into the wall. I think it might have even been Schumacher for Christ sake. I was just waiting for something bad to happen Hamilton did that but then he managed to do it AGAIN....Luck be on his side. Speaking of luck, lets see how McLaren holds together this year. So far a much better start compared to their spectacular practice DNF last year...

i think mclaren is in a good position. their car was MUCH more reliable in testing over the winter. probably because ron dennis spent half of last year yelling at norbert haug. stupid mercedes.

anywho, i was pretty impressed with:

super aguri
lewis hamilton
the ferrari f2007
felipe massa

disappointments:

honda <- wow did they suck it up
giancarlo fisichella is still driving for a top team
heikki kovalainen

kandyflip445
03-18-2007, 11:15 PM
there are only so many F1 races on speed. 90% of speed channel bullshit nascar

No no, it's 50%Nascar 48%Barret Jackson and the rest is other shows.

When is the next race showing?

bboyt3nsk
03-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Im a le mans fan...
Audi R10! Go diesel powa!
Although, one them did overheat, you gotta love diesel.
Did anyone happen to catch the Peugeot 908HDi.
(the 207 looks great too)

I caught the rerun of F1...I dont mind it....I like the onboard shots with the l stats, like engine speed and brake temp....I think they should keep that up on the screen all the time

Brian
03-19-2007, 08:26 AM
I think it was Reubens, but wow, HITS both tires on the wall and doesn't seem to do much, if any, damage.
That was nuts. Seemed like some kind of drift maneuver, brushing your car on the wall and keep going. haha

ManoNegra
03-19-2007, 10:06 AM
F*ck yeah! F1 is back!
Ferrari looks amazing too bad about Massa.
Renault's new paint scheme is vomit and Honda's is baby poo. Lame.
That kid Hamilton showed great potential, let's see how he does once the pressure stars piling on. The Tiger Woods of F1 huh?
Super Aguri... lol...wtf?

Speed sucks balls. They don't cover GT as much as they used to, no Moto GP and no WRC. They only replay F1 once. F*ing Nascar and Barrett Jackson garbage... But I gotta say, their coverage of F1 is top notch as far as commentators and analysis.

wootwoot
03-19-2007, 10:17 AM
I was kinda disappointed in Massa. He was showing excellent form in quali and all but was playing it safe when he started climbing from the back of the pack. There is no reason he should have been stuck behind the Hondas for that long of time.

I was pretty impressed with Fisichella. He put in good qualifying and drove a pretty strong race. Not Alonso good obviously but definitely was holding his own. Typically I was let down by R.Schumacher and Trulli...Those guys are getting paid in the high 30 million a year but cant produce shit. Why are they worth that much??

Barrichello was showing super anxious form. Wanting to get up and fight with someone if he could after getting by Button. He has always been a bit twitchy and is a good driver, just gets excited. That was a pretty bad brush with the wall and all, I was half expecting the car to fail on him directly after he got past Button and take both the Hondas out.

Next race is 3 weeks in Malaysia but this coming friday there will be that race recap I was talking about with analysis and info for the Malaysian grand prix coming up. Check your listings!

Nismosigma
03-19-2007, 01:36 PM
typically I was let down by R.Schumacher and Trulli...Those guys are getting paid in the high 30 million a year but cant produce shit. Why are they worth that much??

Trulli dont get paid that much, Ralf does, Trulli getting payed 5 million last I heard, and I think he's worth more than Ralf. As for the race.... ehhhh. It wasn't as exciting as I wanted it too be (like last years crazy mess) but it was good. I wasn't all impressed with anyone other than Sato and Raikkonen. They always say Raikkonen is good and he has never really had a car were he could prove those people right, but damn did he put on a performance. The guys ability is proof in that race.

I am though complete blown away by the amount of crap-ability of the Honda's. WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM! I cheered them in 2003 when they were sort of waking up, than in 2004 were they were amazing, even 2005 when they didnt perform as well and got that penatly at Imola, and 2006 were they finally got a win, but a "green" F1 doesn't give you any props from the hippies. The car is still spewing more hydrocarbons than 50 cows farting. Damn it I thought it was going to be a reverse of last year, they did great in testing but terrible once the season started, as opposed to Renault and Ferrari which didnt look strong. Hopefully 3 weeks of time will get some of their problems sorted so they could at least get points.

ManoNegra
03-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Both Honda and Toyota need to get their s**t together. Would be great for the sport to have more teams/drivers fighting for the championship.

wootwoot
03-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Toyota, just as their road cars, has no soul. You need one a those in F1. They are just doing it all wrong

BMW has made Toyota look dumb....Second year and they have done better then Toyota ever has

Nismosigma
03-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Well they have the help of Sauber which has been in the sport for a couple of years now. Speaking of Sauber:BMW though, they impressed me alot. Heidfeld did a good race but unless they want to just be midpack leaders they better start "trying" alot harder cause it seems that Mclaren and Ferrari are going to dominate this year. Anyways Id rather see 2 teams with 4 drivers batter for the championship than 2 teams with 2 drivers battle. This season will be good, cant wait for Malaysia and Spa !!!!!!!

wootwoot
03-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Sauber had the ability to stay in front of McLaren but pit strategy held them down...I think Heidfeld was being very gentle as well with Kubica's retirement happening early on. That was a bummer, that kid rules. Heidfeld is such a quiet individual and all, you never hear shit about him. He just hangs out and I was definitely impressed by his driving. Very very clean. German precision!

Nismosigma
03-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Ive been impressed with Nick since the 2005 GP at Nurburging were he got a 2nd place podium (partly thanks to Raikkonen's suspension failure on the last lap). Hes a great driver and I think hes under-rated.

PS- You hear that rumor that he got in a fight with Sebastian Vettel (the third driver). lol BMW is stupid if they think Vettel is better than Nick, I hope Nick knocked some sense into the kid if its true.

wootwoot
03-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah! I heard about that and how Heldfeld refused to give up his friday driving seat now so he can get more time. He doesnt want Vettel to improve since it is a threat to his driving seat with him being the elder on the team.

Speaking of under rated people...Poor Mark Webber. Briatore just throws him from team to team to his liking. He was almost a Renault boy which they maybe should have done. But Renault likes putting young drivers in all the time

Nismosigma
03-19-2007, 02:41 PM
When they say "Renault" it usually just means Briatore. The guy is a freakin pimp, he pimps ho's and his drivers. Alonso is the most successful driver on the field that had the balls to stand up to him and leave. The only other person who did that was Schumi and we all know how that went. I Think Mark is a decent driver but unless he gets on a good team or Red Bull gets their act together, he will just be remebered as a "What-If" driver like so many others before his time.

Most of the drivers in F1 have the greatest and best talent out of anyone in the world, I think its a very fine line that separates all the drivers because they all have their strengths and weaknesses.

ManoNegra
03-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Hmmmm... Mark Webber was in a very good situation with Williams BMW a few years ago before shit went sour w/ BMW and they decided to become more than just an engine supplier and abandoned Williams. And Alonso left Renault because the team wasn't sure about their future in F1 and couldn't offer Alonso a new deal. By the time everything was settled, Alonso had already comitted to McLaren.

Anyway, for those that may have missed it:

Round 1 - Australian GP 1/3 (http://www.broadcaster.com/video/player.php?clip=13164)

Round 1 - Australian GP 2/3 (http://www.broadcaster.com/video/player.php?clip=13166)

Round 1 - Australian GP 3/3 (http://www.broadcaster.com/video/player.php?clip=13171)

wootwoot
03-19-2007, 10:24 PM
There was not such thing as a good situation with Williams recently. They have been suckin hard

ManoNegra
03-20-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm talking about 2-3 years ago. They were on the rise then and Webber's future looked promising. Similar to Button, he too was projected to be the next big thing then.

Nismosigma
03-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Thems the breaks! F1 is a sport that doesn't stop moving or developing, that means the drivers must develop too. Look at Juan Pablo, I personally think he did the right move by moving to NASCAR. He wants a long career, not a short stint in F1. There are guys in NASCAR in their fifties and some guy was trying to qualify for the Daytona 500 at 70!! F1 is for young guys, the age cut is 36, after that your either done physically or by some other means. All the drivers (considering they stick around for this much time) have maybe 2 - 3 years to impress everyone who watches F1, if they cant deliver, they go somewhere else.

PS- Not dissing JPM, he's one of my favorite drivers but Ron Dennis is a dick.