PDA

View Full Version : My ABS is going out.I have a few ??s that need answer

NotoriouS14
02-19-2007, 06:31 PM
hey there,
my ABS just went out, or so i come to think that because first, my abs light in my dash is on, second, there is a humming medium toned sound coming from a black box on the upper left side of the engine bay.I am not sure where my abs is located.
Another ? i have is,
how benefiacial/crucial is it to have ABS for minor track racing and If i were to continue to drive it what may happen if it completely f*&^s up?
input would be helpful.thanks.

jmauld
02-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Before you pull the abs off, pull your front brakes off and see if there are metal shavings stuck to the sensor.

I was having a few issues with my ABS, that went away after cleaning off those sensors.

STARBUCKS
02-19-2007, 06:47 PM
track cars don't have ABS... some track cars don't even run power brakes...

and just unplug the ABS pump *the electrical* the worst thing thats gonna happen is your brakes will act like normal brakes..

aznpoopy
02-19-2007, 07:03 PM
you can street/track without ABS
but ABS is advantageous in both situations. fix it.

s13speeddrft
02-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Yes some track cars have abs....and others do not. It is a matter of personal preference. If you ditch or keep the abs it is not going to be bad
either way.track cars don't have ABS... some track cars don't even run power brakes...

and just unplug the ABS pump *the electrical* the worst thing thats gonna happen is your brakes will act like normal brakes..

Josh=s14
02-19-2007, 07:34 PM
I have the same problem but if you just hit the black box the sound will stop.

g6civcx
02-19-2007, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=STARBUCKS]track cars don't have ABS... some track cars don't even run power brakes... QUOTE]

I'm not sure exactly what a "track car" is, but ABS is useful in certain situations, and if programmed correctly.

S14DB
02-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Some Track Cars don't have ABS cause traction control devices are banned in that form or class of racing. stop spewing ricer BS.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
02-19-2007, 08:19 PM
^^^^ ding ding. ABS would prevent locking brakes, which prevents flat spotting and sliding off track. that would be good. fix the ABS, this ain't initial D.

projectRDM
02-19-2007, 09:45 PM
The FSM will give you a step by step diagnosis to determine the fault in the system through a code given from the ABS light.

All it takes is three minutes of your time.

CNDC
02-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Fix the ABS because if you don't have it in wet weather= not the best judgement.

illvialuver
02-19-2007, 10:28 PM
you dont need abs
abds is for pussies
all about base model
hahahhaha