PDA

View Full Version : Bald spot in hair due to stress??

HyperTek
02-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Has anyone ever got that? I got like this bald spot that I know I didnt have there before that i discovered last night. lol.. I know i have a scar on the back of my head that is a permanent spot, but this one is new.

If i recall my friend had got a bald spot from possibly stressin out.. anyone ever get taht? It should grow back I would hope...

LB.Motoring
02-19-2007, 01:44 PM
theres your problem:

Baldness can be caused by emotional stress, sexual frustration etc."

Emotional stress has been shown to accelerate baldness in genetically susceptible individuals.[21]
Stress due to sleep deprivation in military recruits lowered testosterone levels, but is not noted to have effected SHBG.[22]
Thus, stress due to sleep deprivation in fit males is unlikely to elevate DHT. Whether it can cause hair loss by some other mechanism is not clear.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HyperTek
02-19-2007, 01:56 PM
awwww dam i think ur right about that BOLD part lol
bahhh i wish i didnt work like everyday so i could go out more on weekends

CKAMC
02-19-2007, 02:07 PM
what about white hair(s)? I picked up quite a few back at my last job.

HyperTek
02-19-2007, 02:17 PM
shit i got 3 white hairs too but i had em for a while

Farzam
02-19-2007, 02:20 PM
I just watch Half Baked...and i'm better.

BC240
02-19-2007, 07:00 PM
yeah im losing my hair line at like .5 mm per year.. nobody has noticed yet but me(so they say) but it freaks me out. Im taking proscar/propecia but I dont expect miracles. Just accept that as you get older your going to lose hair.
To answer your question; My doctor says stress will not make you lose hair unless its -traumatic- stress.. there are other medical problems that can cause hair loss however so you should get yourself checked out, i think they are prostate related. Anyways dont stress out to much brother, if in doubt just shave that shit bald.

CKAMC
02-19-2007, 07:22 PM
shit I got bored and found a tleast 35 white hairs... on one side of my head!!!

C. Senor
02-19-2007, 07:59 PM
lol i'm 20 and have to have like 50 white hairs....serious number, but there is a treatment made by nioxin for balding, and it helps, i've used it...long story but point is stress and hair and balding, but yeah, you can get it at a salon, or if you live in socal sally's hair supply store...if you guys are really worried about it and want to try to get some of it back without using like rogain or crap like that you should look into it.

theicecreamdan
02-19-2007, 08:11 PM
nioxin? where to buy it?

I'm 21 and I'm losing hair, it sucks.

midnight zenki
02-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Ive been loosing it since I was 18, I'm 25 now, you get used to it. Shit, shaving my head saves me the hassle of having to give a shit about hairstyle and getting all trimmed up. The bald kids are cool, just look at Bjorkluv.

Jung918
02-19-2007, 09:03 PM
My dogs losing hair. I gotta stop freakin him out.

C. Senor
02-19-2007, 11:47 PM
haha yeah i just have my head too, i got tied of doing my hair...but yeah dan....the "brand" is nioxin, its a 3 part treatment...i'm going to be honest it gets expensive....for the shampoo, conditioner, and actual little treatment thing comes out to about 100 bucks, but last for a long while, cuz the shampoo and conditioner bottles of the size of the herbal essence bottles the big ones...lol, but yeah you should be able to get it at most salons, i dont know about the flashy jazzy salons, but like the average ones should carry it, or know where to get it.....i used it, and am going to use it again, cuz i lost some hair again....lol

s13gold
02-19-2007, 11:49 PM
sucks to be you...

SiI40sx
02-20-2007, 01:44 AM
"dont worry, be happy"

HyperTek
02-20-2007, 01:56 AM
im pretty sure im jus stressin tho.. i been wanting a new job, inbetween not attending school cuz i feel like im gettin no where, stressin over missing my s13 etc..

BC240
02-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Nioxin has a good rep however it alone probably wont help.. I dont have a huge problem but id rather prevent it before it gets bad so I trolled some forums and whatnot. Apprently for real results you need a DHT inhibitor like propecia, A regrowth stimulant like Rogaine and Nizoral which is for dandruff but is great and cleaning the scalp and works well with the previous two treatments. If you put all 3 together you can get great results.. but all that shit can get expensive. I don't care enough to waste hundreds of dollars.

fromxtor
02-20-2007, 11:50 AM
I've been noticing thining in the back top part of my head, and pretty much imeediatly started using rogian foam. Its looks alot fuller and less balding up there now. I would suggest to anyone whos starting to thin/ lose hair. :bigok: Plus it only costs like $40 for a three month supply.

NemeGuero
02-20-2007, 11:50 AM
You're getting old.

Face it. hahah

HalveBlue
02-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Shitty genetics?

I had a guy in my last unit that started losing his hair during his tour in the sandbox. It was weird though. It wasn't male pattern balding. His hair was thinning. Kind of like chemo patients.

I've seen it in other Soldiers, too. I asked one of them about it and he said that the webbing inside of the kevlar helmets irritate the scalp and cause the thinning. I don't know if I believe that answer though. I'm more inclined to say it's the result of traumatic stress.

Apparently the same things is true with white hair. A long time ago I heard a story about a Soldier in the ARVN whose hair turned white after he witnessed an arc light strike. Apparently he was in the sector being bombed and somehow survived. His hair turned white almost instantly. Weird.

sw20>>s14
02-20-2007, 05:21 PM
it happens...i lost a patch (approx. 1cmx2cm) of hair about 2 years ago when i had some financial issues, but no worries, it grew back in no time...freaked the bejesus out of me though...i just woke up and my gf at the time just kept poking it with her finger and all i could feel was coldness...

kensreliableb18b
02-20-2007, 05:37 PM
i lost a patch of hair when i got into a bad car accident. i bring this up because i have NO CLUE how i lost it; never got hit in that area of the head. from stress? possibly...it was a pretty bad accident. not sure if it would fall out that quick tho. anyway, this happened 7 years ago so whatever

C. Senor
02-20-2007, 07:23 PM
lol yeah it can get really expensive, but you can do what i did, just shave your head...i used to bic mine its not that bad..kinda comfortable actually.

kuramaya
02-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Ive been loosing it since I was 18, I'm 25 now, you get used to it. Shit, shaving my head saves me the hassle of having to give a shit about hairstyle and getting all trimmed up. The bald kids are cool, just look at Bjorkluv.

The shit you find when you search for your name:fawkd: LOL Man!!!
Yeah shaving your head is easy, it's cool, and saves money. Plus, you look like a bad ass:) People that don't shave their heads and walka round with the half head of hair around the sides look horrible.
Late
Daryl

HyperTek
02-25-2007, 11:22 PM
haha bjork love u man lol that shits funny

yah if it gets bad id shave it.. ill see what happens... it will prolly grow back tho.. its nothing to me anymore, shit see alot of people with bold spots and really dont say shit about it.. so i come to accept it.