PDA

View Full Version : battle royal got jacked by american film makers.

illvialuver
02-19-2007, 12:12 AM
tonight I was watching tv and there is a new movie coming out called te condemned which totally rips off the japanese movie called battle royal.
:mrmeph:

wickdmarz
02-19-2007, 12:17 AM
ghey................

Wykydtron
02-19-2007, 12:19 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y-T7yPJVvXw

le ghey

Battle Royal ftw

S14DB
02-19-2007, 12:21 AM
Batoru rowaiaru?

k0uki
02-19-2007, 01:18 AM
ahha battle royale was a cool movie

illvialuver
02-19-2007, 01:24 AM
I couldnt believe it, they even had that raspy voice guy doign the intro, and they wear colars that explode and everything/ so gay. atleast give credit where credit is do when you remake a movie.

S14Josh
02-19-2007, 01:27 AM
thats the new "fad" among american film makers...

Ripping old foriegn movies and trying to "Modernize" them.

It is FTL!

Taniguchi_Is_#1
02-19-2007, 01:33 AM
hahaha. ultra gayness. kinda like "the lake house". "original story", yet it took 2 sec. to figure out that it's just il mare. anywho, i thought battle royale was lame.

reaxion
02-19-2007, 01:39 AM
I remember hearing about a US version...I like Battle Royale...wonder whatll happen with the US version.

SilviaNinja240
02-19-2007, 01:53 AM
I'd like to see what the US version is like. I haven't seen this movie in soooooo long, I totally forgot that Fujiwara Tatsuya was it in too (0_0)

ManoNegra
02-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Old news, it was announced a while back that BR was getting the remake treatment. And even then Battle Royale was a good Japanese b-movie so I doubt it's going to get 'smarter' now that it's being remade.

I'm afraid of what they'll do to Old Boy aswell.

atom
02-19-2007, 03:23 PM
The Condemned isn't even close to being similar to Battle Royale. Some elements might be similar like the neck bomb, but Battle Royale ripped that concept off too. Seriously, BR ripped off a lot of shit from other stories.

As far as the "real" American remake of BR, the one that was supposed to be done by Justin Lin, that one is in limbo right now and doesn't look like it's gonna get made. At least not any time soon.

illvialuver
02-19-2007, 04:47 PM
okay you cant just say that br riped shit off and not give examples.

and im sorry if its old news. it seemed like news to everyone except you.
and despite being a b movie i thought it was great.

and condemned doesnt jock it? why cause stone cold is in it?

how about this, they have three days on an island , at the end of the third day the only person to win is the last one alive and if there isnt a winner by the last day then they all die.

and they have explosives on there necks.

sounds like br, but its the same on condemned.

I didnt say it was a remake of br like the one to be made by justin lin, but its a hardcore knock off.

its like when snakes on a plane came out they had snakes on a train at the video rental store.

WERDdabuilder
02-19-2007, 05:28 PM
if anyone wants BR...hit me up for link hehe.

atom
02-19-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm not saying BR is a bad movie, I have it on DVD, but if you think it is so original I suggest you read The Long Walk and The Running Man from Richard Bachman (aka Stephen King), The Most Dangerous Game, and Lord of the Flies and tell me BR didn't rip a lot of concepts from those books.

So if The Condemned ripped anything off it didn't rip off BR it ripped off those stories. You can't rip off a movie that is itself a rip-off.

Even that collar bomb thing is old as hell. X-Men did that way before BR came out.

A Spec Products
02-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Battle Royale w/ Cheese

That movie was nuts

illvialuver
02-19-2007, 10:16 PM
well i guess to an extant everythign has already been done, but br took a few ideas from here and there, it didnt completely jack it.
im not sayin it is the most original movie outthere but i think that the stonecold movie is condemned is taking alot of ideas from battle royal. not just one or two.

Vatche
02-20-2007, 01:08 AM
great fucking movie, i should watch it again one of these days.

qt_240
02-20-2007, 01:38 PM
ahhhh Battle Royal.... i call it a classic in my book.. Crazy ASS movie.. The Concept is jsut crazy where ever it came from.. non the less.. still a good movie.. =)

jeeper_x
02-20-2007, 06:31 PM
again?...........did u know that the remake of the chinese movie called "the departed" are up for 7 oscars this year?........it's a REMAKE, people!!!!

mrmephistopheles
02-20-2007, 09:54 PM
again?...........did u know that the remake of the chinese movie called "the departed" are up for 7 oscars this year?........it's a REMAKE, people!!!!

And? It was very well done.
There's no way the Chinese version of that film would've ever seen the exposure and success of the current US version. Besides, it's not as though the writers of Infernal Affairs went uncredited...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407887/fullcredits#writers

supad0rk
02-21-2007, 01:23 AM
American movie makers didn't feel like killing off anymore high school students so they used convicts instead

ManoNegra
02-21-2007, 10:42 AM
^ that's wack if true. The film is a cult hit BECAUSE of the scenario in which high school kids kill each other off in extremely violent ways.