PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear's first and probably only US visit.

aa87
02-12-2007, 10:17 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/12/top-gear-crew-visits-u-s-a-will-never-return-again/

Gotta love the south.

projekt_s13
02-12-2007, 10:37 PM
What do they expect? Writing stuff like that, haha they deserved it. Brits pfft, always think they are superior.

OptionZero
02-12-2007, 10:37 PM
They come to the U.S. every so often. Jeremy tested the Ford GT40 (proto) in Detroit, and also drove an NSX at Laguna Seca against his GT4 times.

This is just another fun show they did, a little over the top, but its entertainment.

Fun show, wish they tested some american muscle cars.

TheTimanator
02-12-2007, 10:42 PM
wow, um. If I saw them driving down the road I'd be laughing my head off...and be trying to take some pictures. lol
Does it not rain in Britian or something? wusses

-1 for the ignorant south. Can't take a joke.

CylonFrakker
02-12-2007, 10:46 PM
wrong on both ends.

Ca_laurier
02-12-2007, 11:32 PM
wow, um. If I saw them driving down the road I'd be laughing my head off...and be trying to take some pictures. lol
Does it not rain in Britian or something? wusses

-1 for the ignorant south. Can't take a joke.

can't agree any more

people who see that have to realize its a joke, but i guess they take it extremely serious down there

kouki_s14
02-12-2007, 11:53 PM
can't agree any more

people who see that have to realize its a joke, but i guess they take it extremely serious down there

too serious if you ask me

what's the big deal if people hate nascar, like clinton, or are gay? those people at the gas station just gave evidence to support a stereotype. take it as a joke, shit some people just need to grow up.

kdashy
02-13-2007, 02:09 AM
That was a great episode.

LookOut Nick
02-13-2007, 07:28 AM
godamn that was funny i <3 the south...

jobestudios
02-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Wow, fuckin rediculous. And thats why I'll never travel anywhere in the south east, people are retarded down there.

chibo
02-13-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm going to go as far as to say that this is the best Top Gear in quite a while :) Good shit.

MadScientist
02-13-2007, 09:47 AM
OK I'm am technically from the South, and well, I live in New Orleans now and have lived on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi... I have never seen a "Pride" Gas Station... I thought that was almost a funny as the Bare foot dyke attendant... and "the boys" rolling up like theres going to be a lynching!!

Miami to New Orleans hmmm... OK if I had to guess the location it would be in North FLorida, because they have long stretches of nothing on the interstates and its easy to get desperate and stray off to find a gas station... like Pride... :loco: The Interstate they were on is I-10 no doubt... so they are somewhere between Pensacola and Lake City... yeah thats alot of track... but Tallahasse is like an island of youth when making that trip.

Stereotypes are easy when people say they are from "the South" they dont think Florida... they think LA, MS, AL, GA... Gone with the Wind southern twang, and Deliverince ignorance... its funny because North FL has just as many "Hicks" and "Hick Towns" as the other 4 States... and I dont suggest anyone get lost in one eather.

But that shit was funny and I see why they were so scared!!
For the Record... I would vote for Clinton, I Hate NASCAR, I have Bi friends, and Country music SUCKS!!

Peace
Drew

TiNMAN
02-13-2007, 10:11 AM
the south hasnt really changed. i thought everyone knew?

HalveBlue
02-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Dammit, I want to see this.

Stupid webserver blocking YouTube.

Oh well, I'll watch it when I get home.

I remember when I was at Fort Jackson, South Carolina the African-American Soldiers would routinely warn each other not to stray too far into the boonies and stay near the urban centers in South Carolina. At first I thought they were just joking, but after hearing it for the third or fourth time I realized they were being serious.

Then my old Ops Sgt told me a story about how when he grew up in Alabama they still had towns with signs on the outskirts stating "Blacks" ARE NOT WELCOME! KEEP MOVING.

I've heard a lot of the annecdotes over the years.

Then again, Mathew Shepard was tortured and killed in Wyoming and race riots and racial profiling have happened in all parts of the country. So racism isn't just a Southern problem.

Racism and Ignorance FTMFL!!!

C. Senor
02-13-2007, 10:40 AM
haha that was kinda funny, but that sux over there they took that so seriously, they should have come over to LA people would have just laughed and given them thumbs up...cuz i woulda have....although i guess i would have known who they are.

kdashy
02-13-2007, 10:45 AM
haha that was kinda funny, but that sux over there they took that so seriously, they should have come over to LA people would have just laughed and given them thumbs up...cuz i woulda have....although i guess i would have known who they are.

If I knew they were in la, I would probably follow them around :eek3d:

OptionZero
02-13-2007, 11:49 AM
www.finalgear.com, forget youtube

02-13-2007, 12:30 PM
I love top gear, but +1 for the south! What did they think was going to happen... tea time? Lucky they didn't get killed.

Great episode!

Baka Sama
02-13-2007, 01:30 PM
So if I went to Britian and drove around in a Mini that said "Manchester United Sucks, American Football FTW!!1!" on one side and on the other it said "Tea-Time is for gays" how far do you think I could go before I get my ass kicked?

And as for the south, I have lived here most of my life and I have never experiencend any kind of racism. They had to be waaaaaay out in the middle of no-mans land when they filmed that. That kinda stuff doesnt happen in Atlanta. And most red necks are actually pretty nice from what I have seen.

aa87
02-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Heres the thing, british people can probably take jokes unless you drive it by the pub with all the drunks and the hooligans.

All the shots top gear gets are always amazing, love the show.

EchoOfSilence
02-13-2007, 01:43 PM
ahhh, discourse about stereotype

Yes, they were perpetuating stereotype. Yes, so were the brits, to the extent of poking fun @ americans, etc. but to put one group as the spokespeople for the whole south is just as ign'ant

shit was funny though hahaha

EchoOfSilence
02-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Heres the thing, british people can probably take jokes unless you drive it by the pub with all the drunks and the hooligans.

All the shots top gear gets are always amazing, love the show.
and yeah, some people would get VERY butthurt if people went around saying manchester united AND liverpool suck. some of them are just... hardcore

Baka Sama
02-13-2007, 02:03 PM
some of them are just... hardcore

Just like some people are with Nascar

02-13-2007, 05:03 PM
No nothing compares to soccer hooligans, and I mean nothing.

s13gold
02-13-2007, 05:15 PM
its whatevers.....

WILDACEX187
02-13-2007, 05:19 PM
yea british soccer fans get banned and shit from how rowdy they get. gret ep, they hate americans so much lol

iiEddieGii
02-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Seriously though do you except? I'm from South Carolina and I'm not a fan of NASCAR in the slightest, but you wouldn't catch me writing that on my car. Someone who does that is just asking for it!

SimpleS14
02-13-2007, 09:33 PM
OMG.....THIS EPISODE IS HILARIOUS!!! (excluding their last challenge)

This has to be the most I've laughed at any of their episodes.... the cars, the roadkill and even getting attacked.

I always thought people get offended when called "hicks"...yet those people said it with pride (in a way).

OptionZero
02-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Jeremy makes fun of the british, the french, the americans, the chinese...everyone.

anyone offended needs to take a chill pill a nd laugh at themselves a bit. we'll help! =P

khilgers
02-13-2007, 10:37 PM
good stuff. That show never gets old.

cali240sxdrifter
02-14-2007, 04:45 PM
just finishing watching the whole ep.... best topgear yet! I loved the dead cow thou!

they sparked like a big complaint about it already about the dead cow.... its dead, for god sakes people! ugh!

Flipzide
02-14-2007, 08:53 PM
is there another link to the episode? youtube says the video was taken off.

SimpleS14
02-15-2007, 07:49 AM
is there another link to the episode? youtube says the video was taken off.

You have to get it via torrent.....

02-15-2007, 07:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qUsXzoRnM0

Just search youtube.

Updated with better link

grey
02-16-2007, 08:26 AM
yea british soccer fans get banned and shit from how rowdy they get. gret ep, they hate americans so much lol

We Don't hate Americans that much But what you have to understand is football (soccer) fans are extremely passionate and hate each other you want to try going to Manchester United v's Liverpool game then you will understand as these two teams really do dispise each other and it can get pretty nasty before and after the games.