PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new Laptop, Need some Help!

rainier
02-06-2007, 05:03 PM
well right now i have a dell Latitude d600 which is treating me well but ive decided to give it to my parents because they have my really really old desktop.

anyway im sorta looking for new cheap one that i can purchase either in person to pick up or i guess online somewhere.

im asking the zilvia community if they know any good deals with Manufacturing rebates, store rebates, coupons etc. know any?

im looking to spend less than 800-1000 bucks After Rebates.

the laptop will be used for Daily usage of Online browsing, School Projects, playing movies, etc. im not really into crazy graphics but wouldnt mind having a choice of playing anything i wanted to. i havent decided if i wanted a big screen or a small screen.

i know this will help plenty of other people looking for a laptop so any info will be appreciated

s13silady
02-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Toshiba's SATELLITE series falls into what your looking for price range and expectancy range. i used to have satellite m35.. loved the thing half to death.. but now i have the HP DV9000:rawk: if i had a choice the DeLL XPS SHOWSTOPPER would have been mine :drool:

cmcdougle
02-06-2007, 08:37 PM
My Dad's toshiba satellite sucks.

look on tigerdirect.com, and try Systemax. Their laptops are great. I am going to get one, soon. Unless I get a Mac :eek: (I am tired of the crap Windows gives me).

kerosinek
02-06-2007, 08:49 PM
I just bought one of the Compaq Presario series notebooks, I love it. I've had no problems so far and am extremely pleased with the layout of everything (button/keyboard wise)

Kinda sucks though because you are stuck with Vista now when buying new.

alexchanman
02-06-2007, 08:57 PM
go here, www.slickdeals.net. excellent deals all over the place. you can porlly get a MADDDDDDD nice laptop for like 600.

SimpleS14
02-06-2007, 10:19 PM
I got my HP (dv5000 series) off eBay and it was only six months old. I had to search really hard to find it and lucky I outbid someone with 20 secs left haha....but its damn good for ~$430 shipped.

Quick specs: 15.4" widescreen, AMD 64 Turion (1.8GHz), ATi 200M Xpress, WiFi, 1GB mem, 80GB SATA HD, DVD-RAM, Quick control buttons and a remote control.

This is of course possible due to Moore's Law. :D

rainier
02-07-2007, 12:31 AM
damn i guess i missed this a couple days ago

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/700679

LB.Motoring
02-07-2007, 12:36 AM
well right now i have a dell Latitude d600 which is treating me well but ive decided to give it to my parents because they have my really really old desktop.

anyway im sorta looking for new cheap one that i can purchase either in person to pick up or i guess online somewhere.

im asking the zilvia community if they know any good deals with Manufacturing rebates, store rebates, coupons etc. know any?

im looking to spend less than 800-1000 bucks After Rebates.

the laptop will be used for Daily usage of Online browsing, School Projects, playing movies, etc. im not really into crazy graphics but wouldnt mind having a choice of playing anything i wanted to. i havent decided if i wanted a big screen or a small screen.

i know this will help plenty of other people looking for a laptop so any info will be appreciated

Like any good new technology it must either be really big, or really small....

in the middle will never cut it :keke:

HerbReal
02-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Ever used a mac? i have the macbook with the duo core processor in it and i love this thing. its super simplified for an average user.

jrmiller84
02-07-2007, 07:07 AM
My Dad's toshiba satellite sucks.

look on tigerdirect.com, and try Systemax. Their laptops are great. I am going to get one, soon. Unless I get a Mac :eek: (I am tired of the crap Windows gives me).

Don't forget newegg.com (http://www.newegg.com). I don't buy my stuff from anywhere else.

Gnnr
02-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Check Fatwallet.com (http://www.fatwallet.com/) and Slickdeals.net (http://www.slickdeals.net/) for specials, As far as laptops go though, I suggest you atleast go to the store and use it in person to see if you like the look and feel of it, then buy the one you want online. I can't stand laptops with crappy keyboard layouts, mushy keys, and sandpaper-like touchpads.