PDA

View Full Version : Moving to SoCal

JdMStYLeYo!
02-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Wassup guys, In August I am moving to Socal from the east coast. I will be graduating college in a few months and I am looking for a change of scene and i figure its a good time to go. One of my roomates i am goign to have goes to USC so i have to live within 15 miles of campus..Basically i want to know where are some good places to stay around that area that would be safe for having a car. Do most of u live within the city or in the burbs. Places im interested in are Venice, Santa Monica, West LA, North Hollywood, Burbank, and Torrance or Manhattan Beach. I also wouldnt rule out living in the valley or OC

Btw i have a 99.5 a4 and 92 240sx and cant wait to be a part of the Socal car culture

LB.Motoring
02-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Truth.

nothing is safe.

Find a place with a garage. done deal.

JdMStYLeYo!
02-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Yeah its sad, even out here its like that.

cmcdougle
02-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Irvine! (if you want to pay for it).

azndummie
02-06-2007, 08:37 PM
The Oc Baby!

JdMStYLeYo!
02-07-2007, 08:27 AM
thanks for the infor

blownoffvalve
02-08-2007, 09:56 PM
yea membesr will keep on the look out.. awesome people here

overb0ost
02-20-2007, 09:08 PM
any other members that have moved from other places into SOCAL?

how hard was it?

lots of job opportunities? etc?

i personally would like to move somewhere near socal just to see how its like there compared to other places like where I live, Toronto.

if anyone can shed some light on this issue, it'd be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Ricks15
02-20-2007, 09:16 PM
If you can afford it then Beverly Hills it is:keke:

240giiiirrrrl
02-22-2007, 12:20 AM
manhattan beach seems like a chill spot..i live 15 minutes from there and everyones friendly..and no one really drives..they just chill and walk at the beach

spirit
02-22-2007, 05:06 AM
Your going to need killswitch and all that if you plan on taking your car to campus, they have a parking structor and security n all... but wouldn't be anything for someone to jack your car. Also like a block away from the shrine autatorium, good anime convention there often.

Watch yourself on the freeways, starting to get undercover cops on them now, still not as bad a vegas undercovers, at least all the undercovers I have seen so far are crownvics. If you haven't swapped for an SR or RB, don't unless you like being paranoid all the time.

ManoNegra
02-26-2007, 05:35 PM
any other members that have moved from other places into SOCAL?

how hard was it?

lots of job opportunities? etc?

i personally would like to move somewhere near socal just to see how its like there compared to other places like where I live, Toronto.

if anyone can shed some light on this issue, it'd be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

West LA is pretty chill. Rent is a bit high though - that's the case also with most of the places you listed. Not sure but I think Torrence is affordable. Valley is relativebly cheap but isn't in the hub of the cool places and it gets hella hot there in the summer.

What sector are you looking for work in anyways?

drift freaq
02-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Irvine! (if you want to pay for it).
LOL,dude he said he was going to USC for graduate school. Thats just southwest of downtown Los Angeles. Do you know what kinda of a fucked ass commute he would be doing to come from Irvine? Or are you completely clueless about Los Angeles and stuck in that OC vacuum behind the Orange curtain?

To the OP, If your going to USC you have a variety of options neigbhorhood wise. Hollywood(there are good parts and bad parts).Los Feliz/Silverlake,Certain parts of K town, West Los Angeles maybe Culver city,Torrance is getting a little down there but still viable. Majority of SC students though usually are in the Hollywood,K Town, Los Feliz/Silverlake some Echo Park areas. If not right around campus. Right around campus though is pretty much the hood .

kensreliableb18b
02-27-2007, 12:38 PM
he said he wouldnt rule out the valley and oc.

anyway, my advice to you:
oc sucks. its boring (i use to go to uci and now i work in irvine) would be nice to retire here tho

i say the valley (northridge area) just get ready for the quakes cuz its comiinnnn

cmcdougle
02-27-2007, 06:41 PM
LOL,dude he said he was going to USC for graduate school. Thats just southwest of downtown Los Angeles. Do you know what kinda of a fucked ass commute he would be doing to come from Irvine? Or are you completely clueless about Los Angeles and stuck in that OC vacuum behind the Orange curtain? he said he wouldnt rule out the valley and oc.

i say the valley (northridge area) just get ready for the quakes cuz its comiinnnn

They are for sure coming. a big gnarly one. I am guessing September.

DreEzed
12-15-2007, 03:26 AM
LOL, you would probably need to deadbolt your doors and a wheel lock if you lived around USC.

LOL,dude he said he was going to USC for graduate school. Thats just southwest of downtown Los Angeles. Do you know what kinda of a fucked ass commute he would be doing to come from Irvine? Or are you completely clueless about Los Angeles and stuck in that OC vacuum behind the Orange curtain?

To the OP, If your going to USC you have a variety of options neigbhorhood wise. Hollywood(there are good parts and bad parts).Los Feliz/Silverlake,Certain parts of K town, West Los Angeles maybe Culver city,Torrance is getting a little down there but still viable. Majority of SC students though usually are in the Hollywood,K Town, Los Feliz/Silverlake some Echo Park areas. If not right around campus. Right around campus though is pretty much the hood .

CAPTAINNEO
12-18-2007, 12:08 PM
dude.
Pasadena. South Pasadena (kinda pricey). Alhambra. Arcadia. Temple City.
15-20 mins to Downtown/USC, 30 mins anywhere else.

DALAZ_68
12-18-2007, 01:15 PM
lol soon we will take another of urs east coast....the force grows stronger in West coast :fawkd:

xkamikazestormx
12-18-2007, 03:25 PM
torrance!!!! been here all my life.

cops are bitches tho

edit: didnt even look at the post date =(

k's_silvia2.0
12-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Try Chino/Hills, Diamond Bar, Area its kinnda in the middle of eveything.
Nice places, Jobs, people. imo.

blownoffvalve
12-20-2007, 05:33 AM
where are you now? in LA near usc?

azndoc
12-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Watts, South Central, or East LA.

Or Pasadena, OC area (but the white people part of the OC), west LA area, and of course the Valley.

Anything with the name "Park in it" you shouldn't live in.

Just don't sign a long term lease when you find a place. Eventually once you've lived here you'll get to see how everything works and where the best places to live are.

In LA no matter where you live, your only 5 mins away from the ghetto.

S13Boosts
12-25-2007, 09:14 PM
um pretty much just watch out for your car in longbeach..im serious too... keep a eye on it ALL TIMES! :keke: