PDA

View Full Version : UPS store

Jonnie Fraz
02-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Man I just got taken at the UPS store. They used to have the same pricing as UPS online, not now charged me one and a half times the online price. :ghey: That won't happen again. Live and learn, now I will just print lables and send from work.

Jung918
02-02-2007, 01:19 AM
Did you go to one of them UPS/USPS/Fedex stores, or to the UPS hub/store?
Some of those stores are privately owned so they are probably going to charge more.

Kaizen.
02-02-2007, 05:24 AM
Should just use USPS. They offer insurance, tracking number, and signature upon delivery. Its alot cheaper too. I use to go to ups stores but they charge way too much.

Jung918
02-02-2007, 08:16 AM
I've noticed that usps is cheaper on the smaller items and then ups is better on the bigger items. ups gives free insurance up to $100 and comes with a tracking number. usps only have a delivery confirmation and you also have to pay for insurance.

Wei240
02-02-2007, 10:23 AM
yep, usps is cheaper on small items, and ups/fedex cheaper on larger items is what i've noticed...

and fedex, you can sign up free for an account, supposedly saves about 10% from regular folks, save more by printing your own labels and such...

Cash
02-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Yea, I got charged $35 to ship my intake to a guy in LA at a UPS store. It's wierd, b/c my friend shipped a set of 17'' volk gt-n's to california for $90, so I was thinking my intake would maybe be $10-15. Oh well, I'll never go there again.

wootwoot
02-02-2007, 10:41 AM
I use FedEX at Kinkos. Supppppeeerrrrr good prices for larger heavy things. Gets places faster then UPS too.

I sent 4 wheels/tires 1200 miles (fl to pa) and it was 13 bucks per wheel insured. I called UPS before hand and they wanted double it, I cant remember the exact price. I remember the one from FedEX cause my ass was shocked!

theicecreamdan
02-02-2007, 02:53 PM
last time I shipped wheels by UPS 3 out of 4 got from Idaho to San diego in like 3 days, the fourth came on time in 7 days.

Cash
02-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the info wootwoot. I'll definately try fedex at kinkos next time i have something to ship.

downshift_sideways
02-02-2007, 04:20 PM
YES! Fedex at Kinko's have killer prices.

I always ship via FedEx..

zackt69
02-02-2007, 04:23 PM
+1 USPS... fedex, ups, and dhl all wanted over $120 to ship this package to Japan. Went to the post office and shipped it air for $25, and it got there in 4 days. USPS all the way from now on!

Cash
02-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Well from everything I've read on this thread, I'd say our best bet when shipping is to just get quotes from UPS, USPS and FedEx, because it seems that the best deal all depends on what you're shipping and where you're shipping it.

downshift_sideways
02-02-2007, 04:28 PM
For future reference, does anyone know of any good frieght companys,
with good shippign prices? I might be shipping out some heavy stuff soon.

boosteds13
02-02-2007, 08:42 PM
UPS store is a fucking ripoff. Do not EVER buy their packing materials. I went there to get a quote on a set of Altima fans from FL to TX. They wanted something ridiculous like $27 for the box, $10 to pack it, then another $25 to ship it UPS ground. The full quote was $67 out the door I believe. I looked at the guy and I was like, "Dude, you've got to be out of your goddamn mind." I took the fan and hauled ass out of there. Found my own box and shipped it fedex for $17.

S14DB
02-02-2007, 09:08 PM
UPS store is a fucking ripoff. Do not EVER buy their packing materials. I went there to get a quote on a set of Altima fans from FL to TX. They wanted something ridiculous like $27 for the box, $10 to pack it, then another $25 to ship it UPS ground. The full quote was $67 out the door I believe. I looked at the guy and I was like, "Dude, you've got to be out of your goddamn mind." I took the fan and hauled ass out of there. Found my own box and shipped it fedex for $17.
That the same dude that stole all those gift cards? I go to the UPS depot. I thought the chick there liked me till I showed up on a Monday...

UPS stores are contract places not UPS facility's. Find the UPS depot and ship from there.

LB.Motoring
02-03-2007, 12:25 AM
For future reference, does anyone know of any good frieght companys,
with good shippign prices? I might be shipping out some heavy stuff soon.

I Think i know of one, ill get back to you on it.

Kaizen.
02-03-2007, 05:02 AM
I use to work at FedEx.

Isnt DHL pretty cheap for large items? I remember I shipped something out few years ago, and since DHL wasnt too far from me, they picked it up from my house for like 2 bucks extra.

PITCH
02-03-2007, 07:43 AM
I use to work at FedEx.

Isnt DHL pretty cheap for large items? I remember I shipped something out few years ago, and since DHL wasnt too far from me, they picked it up from my house for like 2 bucks extra.

Yup. Shipped a VLSD from IL to ATL for 48 bucks. Def. not a bad deal.

Jonnie Fraz
02-03-2007, 07:52 AM
USPS tracking is abysmal...once I already had my package and I looked it up just for giggles they had that lame message about "Someone at this address has called for a pick-up." They didn't even know they sent it. Thanks for the info guys I have some stuff to go out, I might try Fed-Ex kinkos. I am sending my brackets so the box weighs more than the parts. Packaged they are like 1.15lbs so shipping is 2lbs.