PDA

View Full Version : Just introducing myself.

nateDEEZY
01-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. A little bit about myself, starting with car history. My first car was a 91' Honda CRX Si OBD-1 B16a Conversion sold that car >=] Then my second car was 94' Nissan 300zx with only 54K miles was rear ended in 10/04' and was totaled out =/ and then my third car was a 91' Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo was stolen and destroyed by assholes 12/31/06. Now I'm hoping to be a PROUD owner of a 97' 240sx SE this week ;] Due to my previous profession, a clean driving record was a must. I always get left behind driving 5 mph over the limit. I was a touge freak last 2 years of high school and 1 year after that. I grew up and left the street touge'ing behind 2 years ago =[ (But I am known to open it up on nice backgrounds within reason) But I still haven't forgotten why I like cars ;]

I don't know how many of you do this, but I read this in a magazine and was like "Oh shit, haha I do that too!"
"Just going to work, I practice something Jackie Stewart, unless it was Stirling Moss, said decades ago, 'Try to drive so smoothly that a passenger can't feel the transitions." When you can drift Grandma through the esses without making her look up from her crossword puzzle, you can talk about smooth." An excerpt from Don't Let Yourself Get Spoiled by Cory Farley

What am I looking for you ask?
Hoping to meet like minded respectful individuals, yah feel? And hopefully a few cats that could teach me a thing or two about the 240 and doesn't mind a newbie-ish kind of question once and a while. Not the kind of cat that feels it's necessary to skirt every gear and peel out of the parking lot, ugh.

Anyways, I know it's much. Just thought it'd be coo to properly introduce myself to the community.

soreballz
01-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Holy crap, two posts and you're ALREADY a premie... Props to you. lol

FYI, there IS an introduction section in Chat. You might wanna do some copying and pasting before people start bitching. lol

Welcome to Zilvia. =)

nateDEEZY
01-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Alright time to hi-jack my own thread, So heres the link (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=215932131&dealer_id=59340435&car_year=1997&search_type=both&num_records=25&keywordsfyc=&make=NISSAN&transmission=&model=240SX&distance=300&make2=&address=94565&default_sort=priceDESC&advanced=y&certified=&max_mileage=&max_price=&sort_type=priceDESC&min_price=&body_code=0&end_year=1997&keywordsrep=&color=&start_year=1997&drive=&engine=&fuel=&doors=&style_flag=1&cardist=34) to the 240 I wanna buy, anyone think $8,500~$9,000 is a rip-off?

cmcdougle
01-29-2007, 07:44 PM
premie, lol. . . Welcome!

FaLKoN240
01-29-2007, 08:08 PM
my third car was a 91' Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo was stolen and destroyed by assholes 12/31/07.

OMG, we've got a time traveler.

LOL, welcome to Zilvia, where do you reside exactly?

Don't be scared away by the hostility the board naturally carries, I assure you we're all cool dudes, just some guys are more uptight about wasting time on stupid threads than others.

Drift Motion
01-29-2007, 09:13 PM
that S14 belongs to a member of either this or another forum

nateDEEZY
01-29-2007, 09:40 PM
OMG, we've got a time traveler.

LOL, welcome to Zilvia, where do you reside exactly?

Don't be scared away by the hostility the board naturally carries, I assure you we're all cool dudes, just some guys are more uptight about wasting time on stupid threads than others.

Haha my bad, fixed! Yea there are people like that everywhere, I appreciate the heads up though!

TiNMAN
01-29-2007, 10:00 PM
im almost sure thats my friend's old lip. from what i know, owner of the car is pretty cool. dunno about the price though.....+automagic? egh...if you wait it out youll come by some good deals on S14's. $9000 is too much IMO.

edit: btw, dudes been trying to get rid of that car for some time now(i think). its been on and off of craigslist for a couple of months....half a year?? maybe even a year. not sure if its being resold over and over or what but gyeaaaaa... welcome to the site

FaLKoN240
01-30-2007, 12:40 AM
That's alot of money for that car, although it does look good, the cracked dash says alot for how they maintained it...

projekt_s13
01-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Where exactly do you reside? I reside in pittsburg, im down to help you out with 240 stuff.

yangs14
01-30-2007, 01:48 AM
that S14 belongs to a member of either this or another forum

yes i think he is on nico, and maybe on here too, remember seeing that rx7 and 240 combo.. anyways welcome!~

nateDEEZY
01-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Damn, I was starting to doubt coping that one and was thinking to wait till I could find a better deal on one, but it's pearl white and it looks sooo pretty. xD

I live right by the pittsburg bart station, like a 5 minute walk if even.

The vinyl/foam part is what probably cracked. Owner/Previous owner probably never used a windshiled sun screen thingy.

I don't want to pay more than $8,200 for it but the max I'll go is $8,500... but I really don't want to pay that much for it. Ugh! I need to start focusing on work and stop craigslisting/autotrader/yahoo autos all day! Haha