PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Chitown_B14
01-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Okay, my girl just called of our wedding and our plans for me to move down and have our house built. My question to you all is what do you think i should do with the engagment ring set? i can't take it back because i got it back in april and i can't exchange it either. any advice would be helpful. thanks.

Dutchmalmiss
01-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Wow, bailed on your or what? All I can think of is a pawn shop, but I'm sure others have better suggestions.

A Spec Products
01-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Sorry to hear.

But no worries it's good that she called it off, everything happens for a reason.

If you can't return the ring, maybe get it appraised and resell it somewhere? Ebay? Craiglist? Jewelry shops? Depending on how much you paid versus how much it's appraised for you may be able to get your money back.

I have no ideas on wedding rings though so don't listen to me.

Baka Sama
01-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Sorry to hear man.. I dunno what your relationship with her was but I say keep it. Maybe she just got cold feet or 2nd thoughts. If shes worth it fight to keep her, dont give up so fast.

Phlip
01-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Did the shop you bought the ring from have a "no" clause? I know the one I bought my earrings from gave me this thing that I would be able to return/exchange them, so long as I did not fuck up the diamonds, at the same value that I had purchased them and had a similar clause for engagement rings, on the chance that she says no.

HalveBlue
01-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Melt it down, get some gun powder, and turn it into a bullet.

Then teach her that "no one calls of a wedding with Chitown B14"!

Sorry, bro, tough break.

mRclARK1
01-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Sorry to hear... I'd say hang onto it for a little while; she may just have cold feet and all will be well in a little while. Happens a lot more than you would think. I've seen it happen before.

If you know it's over with though... that's tough; but life goes on.:) I'd just try to get it appraised and see what I could get on ebay etc...