PDA

View Full Version : Insights? Glock 31 .357

Avante
01-28-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm pretty sure there are alot of zilvians who are in military service, so my question is this:

Has anyone used the Glock 31? How does it feel? balanced? Quality wise? Accuracy?

I haven't heard much about the 31, so I'm curious to see if anyone has any first hand experience with the weapon.

Thanks.

mrmephistopheles
01-28-2007, 07:16 PM
The US Military doesn't issue any glocks (to my knowledge), so it's rather moot to ask only those people.

I could tell you a bunch about the Beretta M92 though...

Avante
01-28-2007, 08:16 PM
The US Military doesn't issue any glocks (to my knowledge), so it's rather moot to ask only those people.

I could tell you a bunch about the Beretta M92 though...

That is true, some people I have talked to explained to me that under circumstances you are able to purchase a sidearm, from companies which are "approved". The validity of this statement is unknown to me, so I have no clue if that's true or not.

The Baretta M9 is a great pistol, I know.

So I guess this question is open to anyone who has interest in handguns. any input is appreciated.

Jung918
01-28-2007, 08:40 PM
That is true, some people I have talked to explained to me that under circumstances you are able to purchase a sidearm, from companies which are "approved". The validity of this statement is unknown to me, so I have no clue if that's true or not.

The Baretta M9 is a great pistol, I know.

So I guess this question is open to anyone who has interest in handguns. any input is appreciated.

Special Forces maybe? I know all the MPs use the M9. Not too sure what the SRT uses but I wouldn't doubt if it was the M9 also.

HalveBlue
01-28-2007, 09:28 PM
I believe most SOF guys use H&Ks.

(Most) Everyone else uses the standard M9.

In my admittedly limited experience I can't say that I like Glocks. They don't feel right and I don't care for their Safe Action mechanism.

Those are my $.02, but I'm not all that knowledgable of firearms. Take it for what it's worth.

theicecreamdan
01-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Ugh, my friend got a taurus 92 whatever. I didn't like it at all. Mags fit very sloppy, resulting in some spent casings getting jammed. The casings fly rogue every time, half of them fly close to my face and make me flinch. Sometimes bad enough that I lose my aim. Slight annoyance while target shooting... if I was trying to save my life, fuck that. Also EVERY time I shot the last bullet in the mag, it would shoot straight back and hit me. LAME

Avante
01-29-2007, 02:15 AM
RIght, I've fired the Baretta M92, and I loved it. it costs around $1100. So I gave up on owning my own. Same with the hk USP. $1100. Ouch. I was looking at a used SIG P225, but it was used, and the barrel was waaaay fucked, as in the rifling was almost missing. I don't know how the previous owner did that.

I ended up purchasing the Glock 31 .357 since I've had great experiences with the Glock 17 and the 21. I'm just curious about how the .357 caliber rounds will feel coming from a pistol which I'm used to firing a 9mm with.

The 31 was actually very balanced, but then again, it was with a empty magazine, and I couldn't take it for a test drive.

It would be interesting to see how it feels on a range, so I can't wait.

1Via!
01-29-2007, 02:44 AM
I want to shoot a FN57. :P

Anyway, im interested in your review of the 31.

orion::S14
01-29-2007, 08:01 AM
RIght, I've fired the Baretta M92, and I loved it. it costs around $1100...

Where was an M92 $1100...wow.

I bought mine for $700 out the door..and it's the FS92 Stainless (9mm):

http://products.berettausa.com/images/immagini_maxi/M92_Inox_S_maxi.jpg

Hell, the MSRP is only $795 (???)

I'm not bashing you, or your choice...I'm just amazed that someone's selling one for +$1000 (!)

...and FWIW, I LOVE my Beretta. I've put thousands of rounds through it with ZERO jams or misfires. I typically shoot 300-400 rounds a day at the range, and it takes it like champ. Even at the end of the day when it's dirty...still fires great every time.

Much tighter, and higher quality than the Taurus mentioned above...DO NOT believe they hype, they ARE NOT the same pistol "only re-badged" as some claim.

- Brian

mRclARK1
01-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Same with the hk USP. $1100. Ouch

I didn't think it was that expensive... but it IS a great gun. I don't own one myself; but I have fired one on several occassions and I really liked the feel of it etc.

The M92 is also a great gun IMO....

Jung918
01-29-2007, 11:51 AM
I would take a HK over a Baretta. The full size usp is 45 goes for around 800.

Avante
01-29-2007, 05:10 PM
I guess the place where I went to fails at pricing their pistols.

mRclARK1
01-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by: Jung918
I would take a HK over a Baretta. The full size usp is 45 goes for around 800.

Originally posted by: Avante
I guess the place where I went to fails at pricing their pistols.

Yeah, I just looked at the H&K website and the MSRP for the USP 45 is $840US.