PDA

View Full Version : Second Life.... dot com

CKAMC
01-28-2007, 05:38 PM
http://secondlife.com/

so get this... there is you... then there is virtual you. Virtual you has meetings and catches up with coworkers while the real you is wondering what else to do that day in real life.

basically IBM has taken myspace and gone a bit out of control with it and made it into a world...in fact people in this world already have jobs in it... they are making an embassy... and they even get to participate in real life events such as the Sundance film festival.

Discuss

I might take an account when I learn some more about it.

cali240sxdrifter
01-28-2007, 06:18 PM
bleh... WoW BC is my 2nd lfe lol

SimpleS14
01-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Not into myspace....so I doubt I would get into that. I just hate the lack of true interpersonal communication.

Dutchmalmiss
01-28-2007, 06:42 PM
^^^ totally agree. So I guess 10 years from now 80% of the population is just gonna stay home and "meet" people. Sweet.......

.....now back to my wii, where even if I do stay home, I'm burning calories hah!

Maverick7687
01-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Let me just take this time to say.. WTF?!

LB.Motoring
01-29-2007, 12:39 AM
http://secondlife.com/

so get this... there is you... then there is virtual you. Virtual you has meetings and catches up with coworkers while the real you is wondering what else to do that day in real life.

basically IBM has taken myspace and gone a bit out of control with it and made it into a world...in fact people in this world already have jobs in it... they are making an embassy... and they even get to participate in real life events such as the Sundance film festival.

Discuss

I might take an account when I learn some more about it.

yah, i took 1 second, and I still dont know wtf it is.... soo....:ugh:

I dont think Ill waste anymore time.

TAMTANIUM
01-29-2007, 02:16 AM
I saw a review about that game on tv last year. I think it's a pretty stupid game and plus you have to spend real money to start playing. Have to buy your player clothes and stupid stuff to start playing. It's just another game for those shy nerds and pedophile.

1Via!
01-29-2007, 02:36 AM
spent 5 minutes in the game and decided that I would rather be a professional human chair. Control, graphics, interface all blow. And I hate most comp games anyhow.

exitspeed
01-29-2007, 09:16 AM
^
I've heard about this. Big Corporations are buying up space on there to advertise, with real money. Shits nuts. I never got into and MMORPG games so i'll pass.

Ruby240
01-29-2007, 10:02 AM
My best friend from college is the one who does all of their web design and back of the scenes work.

DaPCWiz
01-29-2007, 12:29 PM
I installed it the other day after I saw it ALOT in the news lately. Played it for about 5 minutes. Pretty slow and glitchy imo. On top of that, kinda a waste of time I think, I'd rather go out and do stuff for real.

+1 on the Wii :)

axiomatik
01-29-2007, 02:06 PM
bleh... WoW BC is my 2nd lfe lol

lol, same here, but I don't have BC yet. :-/

on topic: I've heard about, sounds boring. apparently people set up real shops in second life and make real money, others pay real money to buy virtual real estate. whatever, it's their money.